Mansion of Madness
WARNING — Seizures
Some people (about 1 in 4000) may have seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes or patterns, and this may occur while they are watching TV or playing video games, even if they have never had a seizure before.
Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before playing this track.
|Date of latest version:||2019-05-18|
|Editors used:||BrawlBox, CTools, KMP Cloud, SketchUp, SZS Modifier, Wiimms SZS Tools|
Mansion of Madness is Sucht93a's sixth custom track. It is a crazy trip through a mansion completely overloaded with crazy objects, mean traps, hard parts, and luck parts. It features a disco, a spike wall ( ), a Melting Magma Melee-like section, colorful camouflage , Bullet Bills ( ), and a "Life or Death" roulette right before the finish line ( ). The style is a tribute to tracks such as Color Wonderland, Castle of Darkness and Disco Fever. Due to a massive online Slow Motion Bug, a lot of objects had to be deleted in later versions.
There are two versions of the track: a version with a predictable "Life or Death" roulette and fairer objects in general, and a version with an unpredictable roulette. This is so people can choose if they want to have a more competitive race or a more luck-based race for their distributions.
- zilly, for the Bullet Bill from DS Airship Fortress.
- xBlue98, for the disco floor animation.
- Leseratte and Wiimm, for testing the track while in development.
- CTGP Track Testers, for giving feedback and bug-testing in v1.2-alt1.1.
- PopstarAmy, for the retextured in v1.2-alt1.8610.2.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|v1.2-alt0||2016-02-24||Unofficial update by Torran:
|v1.2-alt1||2016-03-02||Unofficial update by Torran:
|v1.2-alt1.1||2022-01-15||Update by Cotni and Silverr:
|v1.2-alt1.8610||2022-05-17||Update by Silverr:
|v1.2-alt1.8610.1||2022-05-26||Update by Silverr:
|v1.2-alt1.8610.2||2023-08-03||Update by Silverr:
|v1.2-alt2||2016-03-15||Unofficial update by Torran:
|v1.2.pro||2017-07-04||Update by aplumafreak500 based on the predictable roulette version:
|v1.2.mkd||2018-01-15||Update by FJRoyet based on the unpredictable roulette version:
|v1.3||2019-05-18||Update by Wiimm:
|v1.3.mkd||2021-10-15||Update by FJRoyet based on the unpredictable roulette version:
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- Atmosphere's Track Pack (Details)
- Chis Kart Wii (Details)
- CTGP Revolution (Details)
- CTGP Revolution Classic (Details)
- Cuberluigi CT Pack (v1.2-alt1)
- Elemental's Track Pack (Details)
- Graciie Kart Wii (Details)
- Insane Kart Wii (Details)
- Krash's Hide and Seek CT Pack (Details)
- Luminous CT Pack (Details)
- Mario Kart Cris (Details)
- Mario Kart Fusion (Details)
- Mario Kart Infinite (v1.3-unpredictable)
- Mario Kart Virtual Night (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii Deluxe (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii Faraphel (Details)
- MKW Hack Pack (Details)
- OptPack (Details)
- OptPack Custom Track Pack (Details)
- Pro CT Pack (Details)
- Waltz My Stuff Tracks (Details)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun (Details)
- Yosh's Track Pack DX (Details)
- v1.2-alt1.8610's Easter egg was the first-ever intentional use of a bug involving the object that produces an "upwarp" effect if underneath the object.
- The version name "v1.2-alt1.8610" is both a reference to a player in the competitive custom track community, as well as a joke referencing the very high amount of private test versions Silverr released.
Names in Other Languages
|Dutch:||Villa des Waanzins|
|French:||Manoir de Folie|
|German:||Villa des Wahnsinns|
|Italian:||Villa della Follia|
|Portuguese:||Mansão da Loucura|
|Spanish:||Mansión de la Locura|
|Greek:||Έπαυλη της Τρέλας|
Conker's Bad Fur Raceway – Dragonite's Island – Electric Shredder – Mansion of Madness – Melting Magma Melee – SSBB Port Town Aero Dive – Spacy Space Race – The Chamber – The Rabbit Hole – Twin Peaks