- 1 Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
- 2 99,999cc
- 3 Regarding Edits Related to Your Texture Hack Distribution
- 4 Spike
- 5 200kmh in your pack
- 6 Potential StaticR Tool Bug
- 7 Thanks!
- 8 Beeg Yoshi Colors
- 9 LEX files
- 10 Thanks!
- 11 Custom Characters
- 12 Requests
Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- If you plan to update a lot of pages in a short period of time, please clear it with a moderator first.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
You're not allowed to remove 99,999cc from the Wiiki, as you have already released it. However, I noticed that you wanted to have the page's name changed. Is this okay with you? --KantoEpic (talk) 21:33, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
Regarding Edits Related to Your Texture Hack Distribution
When a texture hack isn't in your distribution anymore, don't remove the "Texture Hack Distributions" part of the page. Instead, only remove the part where it lists your distribution. If it was only in your distribution, replace the entry with "(none)." --KantoEpic (talk) 19:23, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
- On a similar note, when you add a distribution to the bottom of a custom track or texture hack page, add them in alphabetical order. As well, keep a space between the last distribution and the user link/category, if there is no user link. It looks really messy and unorganized otherwise. --KantoEpic (talk) 02:03, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi there! I made CSS and map icons for your Spike mod you released today, I was going to send them via Discord but it appears you block non-friend DMs. I could send them in an imgur here if you'd like. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 21:01, 7 April 2020 (UTC)
200kmh in your pack
Who is "MatT"? I believe you are using my codes, not his. I will check it in a bit to make sure. If this is true, I would appreciate the feature credits of your pack being updated. Hard work goes into the codes after all! Hope you understand :P JoshuaMK (talk) 17:48, 11 April 2020 (UTC)
Potential StaticR Tool Bug
Please follow this link about the StaticR tool bug: User_talk:Wiimm#StaticR.rel_issues_when_adding_more_game_modes -- Octanevinny (talk) 15:01, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
Beeg Yoshi Colors
Triggered by Lethal Lava Land: There is no need to publish an alternative version without LEX file, because non-LECODE executors simply ignore LEX files. -- Wiimm (talk) 10:26, 14 September 2020 (UTC)
Hey! So I have a bunch of models but no idea how to make custom characters. I was wondering if you would be able to create the custom characters for me. I really hope this is a yes because I have wanted these characters for a while. - XanderKartWii (talk) 08:27, 27 November 2020 (USA)
- I'm not CuberHax but there's a tutorial on how to make custom characters with blender here https://youtu.be/H9LtGF6VUt0 You can try asking Whipinsnapper to make your custom characters as he used to take custom character requests.--HackerCop ❯❯❯ Talk 16:33, 28 November 2020 (UTC)
- Unfortunately you can't with just those. To make a custom character you need 3d modelling software, (Sketchup, or blender both are free but you can't use sketchup for custom characters), a BRRES editor such as Brawlbox or BrawlCrate and as SZS extractor such as SZS Modifier or Wiimms SZS Tools. You will probably want an image editor such as GIMP to edit textures. It sounds like you've got most of the software though so if you learn how to use a 3d tool you should be fine.--HackerCop ❯❯❯ Talk 14:17, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- You could try searching online as there a probably shorter tutorials but I think that one is the best. Creating custom characters will just require lots of time and commitment on your part, you will have to learn 3d modelling software before you can even start on the tutorials. I would recommend that you try making custom tracks first with Sketchup as there are loads of tutorials and it's not too hard, you can pick up sketchup within a few days whereas blender took me 3 months though it would have been a lot less with a helping hand. I would recommend Rosalina Speedruns' tutorials as they are easy to follow. Making custom characters is hard, not only do you have to be good at blender (you can't use sketchup) but also you have to do character animations & stuff wheras basic custom tracks are a lot easier for beginners. Walk before you can run. --HackerCop ❯❯❯ Talk 20:40, 29 November 2020 (UTC)