Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, Click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- If you plan to update a lot of pages in a short period of time, please clear it with a moderator first.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
About correcting translations
Hi, I saw that you changed a few Dutch translations. Please keep in mind that in some cases it is not possible to use a literal translation for tracks and that a bit of creativity might be used to come up with a couple of existing translations. Personally I'm not the hugest fan of how you do some translations, but I'm fine with it because you're doing a great job filling the blanks, but in existing cases it's sometimes better to ask yourself the question if a correction is actually needed. 'Kleur Wonderland' sounds better than 'Kleuren Wonderland' for example, and also fits the English name better. In the past I have done a lot of translations as well, and in many cases I used the name in a different language as inspiration, since the English translation didn't sound great. In some cases that too leads to the Dutch name not entirely matching the literal English name, but it's done with a reason.
--kHacker35000vr (talk) 20:14, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- I'll stop trying to translate the track names literally and try to add some creativity in the mix. Your example above however, I think the second name fits better. MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 06:30, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! I'll try to improve the wiki every single day! MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 04:38, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
You are probably unaware of how auto patrolling works. If you see a red "!" near an edit, it has not been patrolled. To patrol it, check the revision and mark the edit as "patrolled." --KantoEpic (talk) 06:18, 10 September 2020 (UTC)
- I don't see red ! anywhere. Not on recent changes, or special logs. Can you make a picture or something so I can see where they should show up? I have to go to school now so I probably won't react to this for a couple of hours. MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 06:23, 10 September 2020 (UTC)
- I know why those exclamation marks don't show up at my account. I looked at the user group rights and you added me to the Auto_Patrol group. This means only my own edits are automatically auto patrolled. I can't patrol others edits. Moderators and higher ranks can mark others edits as auto patrolled. MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 13:39, 10 September 2020 (UTC)
Trial Moderator Role
- I'd love to help out! MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 06:54, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
RE: Shaun the Sheep
- Ah, alright, thanks! 😃 MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 16:15, 13 October 2020 (UTC)
Quick reminder that you do not / should not introduce the rules to a new user if they have not made a single edit on the Wiki yet.
You are free to do so after they have made an edit of course. I was told this by Kanto himself, so just try to remember.
-- Jasperr ★ Talk 11:26, 21 September 2020 (NZST)
- Alright, I'll check next time if they have made any contributions. 😃 MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 07:06, 21 October 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you! 😃 MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 04:37, 24 October 2020 (UTC)