- 1 Minimap Problem
- 2 Code Extender
- 3 how to add a track to your archive ?
- 4 I would like the competition developer interface
- 5 How can I change a file's name?
- 6 Issues With Wiimmfi
- 7 Adding CT-code to main.dol doesn't work
- 8 Wctct quick question
- 9 GCN Dry Dry Desert Files
- 10 Disambiguation pages for Texture Hacks
- 11 WIT special MKWii compression?
- 12 Snake Circuit
- 13 Flooded Grassland
- 14 Cannon City 3
Do you know how to fix this minimap problem I've been having with?
The minimap does display correctly, but there's no start line on it and the character icons are nowhere to be seen. I used both minimap patch commands and they cause this problem to occur. --KantoEpic (talk) 03:57, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- I know several possible issues: Track too high, minimap too high, minimap model don't use standard bone model (posLD and posRU @ second level). SZS file?
- -- Wiimm (talk) 13:02, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- Height seems to be ok, but internal bone linking is invalid:
- The prev-link of "posRU" should/must point to "posLD", but is empty. Not sure, if this is the reason.
- Usually, index and id of the 3 bones are numbered 0,1,2, but here they are always 0.
- I don't know, if any tool can fix it (hex edit?). Fallback is to re-create the complete map model if possible. -- Wiimm (talk) 21:36, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- btw, wmdlt cat map_model.brres will print the content as text ⇒ I analyzed this text output. -- Wiimm (talk) 21:39, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- Height seems to be ok, but internal bone linking is invalid:
- I successfully fixed the minimap from scratch.
Going back to the code extender since I just tried again, I made my gch file and when i try to add it to the main.dol it keeps saying new section would overlap existing section. Do i use --force then? Bladestorm227 (talk) 14:44, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
- I don't remember the details. For MKW-Fun a script does all for me. And I haven't changed it int the last years. The only think I know, that it does not work as planned/thought. It is at my to-do list, but my real life need much attention at the moment and so this must wait.
- Sorry -- Wiimm (talk) 19:21, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
how to add a track to your archive ?
- I start with some points about learning Wiiki
- Sign your comments at talk pages (discussions). Use: -- ~~~~
- Use brackets for Wiiiki internal links: [[Trek of Shapes]]
- On topic: There is no way to upload a track. I collect all tracks I can see and put them into my workflow at the local server. If you write a news here, I see it always. If you think, I have forgotten a track, then write me a hint, but wait at least 3 days.
- Trek of Shapes is already in my private version of ct.wiimm.de and is waiting for scanning and testing.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 19:14, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- btw, Discord denied access to v1.1 ⇒ something is wrong -- Wiimm (talk) 19:34, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
I would like the competition developer interface
if possible, because i tried to modify wc24dl but now it say i need to wait a tournament start so i cant test my custom one My wii id is 2412 1774 2928 8189
by the way in the rkc editor when i import szs it only have kmp ? (i know the thing i link to "commonobj" and others.....)
--Yosh (talk) 09:12, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Yosh, you would need to tell us your Wiimmfi account in order to do that, we can't (easily) get the account from a Wii ID. Do you already have a Wiimmfi account and have your console linked to it? (http://wiimmfi.de/assign-console)
- The SZS file you import inside the RKC Editor contains the KMP, and any file you'd like to replace. Basically, the Wii first loads all the files from your SZS in the RKC, and if anything is missing, loads that from the actual track your competition is based on. -- Leseratte (talk) 10:15, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
- Rights granted. Read the explanations!! -- Wiimm (talk) 21:57, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
How can I change a file's name?
Hey, I just uploaded a mandatory file for a talk page (a different one, it's a long story). It this one: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/File:2018110221075600-16851BE00BC6068871FE49D98876D6C5.jpg
- "MOVE" and then enter a new name. Anyway, best is to give the file a descriptive filename before uploading -- Wiimm (talk) 21:02, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
Issues With Wiimmfi
Adding CT-code to main.dol doesn't work
Wctct quick question
Hey Wiimm, Is 206 tracks the max slot limited in CT-CODE extension? I just tried to create the code using 216 tracks but it prints 10 times: "! wctct: No more track slots available!". I hope your answer. --MrDark35000vr (talk) 23:55, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- --allow-slots=arenas,special will enable 10+5 more slots for track usage. -- Wiimm (talk) 11:59, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
GCN Dry Dry Desert Files
I just realized that I uploaded the wrong Alpha 3 file for GCN Dry Dry Desert.
- Rename/remove the previous alpha3 and upload the correct one. Or upload the newer one as alpha4. -- Wiimm (talk) 15:31, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
Disambiguation pages for Texture Hacks
- That are decisions of the admins user:Atlas and user:KantoEpic. I will withdraw my activities here step by step. -- Wiimm (talk) 13:37, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
WIT special MKWii compression?
Hi Wiimm. I've noticed that, whenever I use your patching tools, the game's file size tends to be smaller than when I convert it manually by running wit copy mkw.folder mkw.wbfs. Are you using some special parameters? Thanks. --SonicoXD (talk) 02:52, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know, which patching tools you compare. Some tricks:
- .svn dirs are removed/ignored.
- Option --links create hard link on extracting *and* composing.
- The patchers with CTGP support remove some videos.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 18:22, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- At least lap not count bug. -- Wiimm (talk) 05:15, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- I proofed it: It's very easy to miss mandatory checkpoints 4 and 5, even if using the long way in the circle. -- Wiimm (talk) 16:14, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- This was already a problem in RC1 from what I can remember. I tested the track out when we were creating pages for tracks back in April last year, and I ended up having laps not being counted. Even taking a simple grass shortcut can cause similar results. --KantoEpic (talk) 18:31, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- I have now marked RC1 as "failed" too. In the years I learned to test tracks more effective. And with item cheat it's much easier. But a short test never discovers all bugs. -- Wiimm (talk) 21:20, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- Cross the finish line, drive into the lake to get a ultra (respawn) shortcut. -- Wiimm (talk) 16:04, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
Cannon City 3
Hi Wiimm, can you please remove the WBZ for cannon city 3. The download is not supposed to be there as i didnt consent for it to be uploaded and i dont want anyone playing a leaked version of the track. Or if you cant remove it, can you set the file to private. Much thanks.
- File is marked as private now (not visible for the public). -- Wiimm (talk) 21:43, 20 August 2019 (UTC)