This topic is only for Wiimmfi discussions including bans (but see below).Use User talk:Wiimm for all other topics.
- 1 Unban requests
- 2 A ban problem.
- 3 Why am I banned?!
- 4 Thanks For everything!
- 5 Request for Unban
- 6 Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Question
- 7 Mario Kart Wii Wiimmfi EC: 23911 problem
- 8 Mario Kart Wii Wiimmfi EC: 23887 problem
- 9 MKWii 23911 error code
- 10 MKWii CT Distribution Region problem
- 11 Why was I banned? No, seriously, why?
- 12 Losing region because of unpopularirty
- 13 About a moderator role
- 14 About connection’s state from CTGP or not
Unban requests are generally ignored! Banns are called by the Wiimmfi moderators. And if I start to unban then I undercut the authority of the moderators.
A ban problem.
Hey Wiimm. I have a small problem about playing online on Mario Kart Wii (CTGP). And for you to fully understand this problem, I guess I have to start from the beginning.
So, a few years ago I was using cheat codes online on Mario Kart Wii (not anymore though, I swear about that) and came across a VR/BR Modifier code. As the lazy guy I am, I tried to use it to get 9999 VR online (it didn't work, but that's just because I suck at stuff like that, so there's no point in talking about it). Then I also thought, "Hmm, I don't really like Battle mode so much so I think I'll just set my BR to 0, as a joke.", and so I did.
And then something happened.
The BR got stuck at 0 even after I turned off the cheat codes. The VR was totally fine, it reset itself, but the BR was saved permanently. At the time it wasn't a big deal for me because I didn't care about it, but this was all before Wiimmfi existed. So, cut to the release of CTGP-R and, later, Wiimmfi. When I first got Wiimmfi everything was working as it should have, I could race online and nothing unusual would happen, it never registered that I had 0 BR. Conutdown mode is released, BR and Battle mode gets thrown out the window, but everything's still working normally.
Up until today.
Today when I tried to get online it gave me the error code 23917 (= Wiimmfi access denied), so I went to check out what was wrong. I saw that I had been banned for, quote: "Invalid VR or BR (6701,0)." and "Kicked because of VR/BR cheats. Ban for 30 minutes.". Now, suddenly, my 0 BR has been noticed and as soon as I try to search for players online it bans me, for something I CAN'T REMOVE. Even though Countdown mode has taken the place of Battle, Wiimmfi still recognizes the BR and kicks me out.
Just to be clear, i'm not mad at you or anyone else, I just want to know why this happened NOW and if it can be fixed without me needing to make a new license, or something like that.
Thank you for your time. /Darkie
- You can just use a Modifier cheat code again to set your BR back to a "normal" value. -- Leseratte (talk) 20:35, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- There's no way for me to use cheats while being able to connect to the servers at the same time. I just tried with no luck. -- Darkie 20:49, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Well, it seems I fixed the problem by searching around a bit. Though it's still strange that it didn't notice I had 0 BR until now... -- Darkie 13:00, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
Why am I banned?!
Wiimm this 4tbMyles8110mkwii telling you that you're permenantly banning me from Wiimmfi (23915:Banned Forever:Abusive use of Console Identifiers) why the heck am I banned I don't even know what a console identifier or maybe it has something to do with installing iOS 249 and 250.Please give a respectful response and please unban me. MKWII Liscence:4tbMyles. 4tbMyles8110mkwii (talk) 1:20 4 July 2015 (UTC)
- 23915 means you are using a MAC changer or a modified ISO including a MAC changer. If you enabled any kind of cheats, disable them. If you downloaded an ISO from the internet, remove it and create your own one (the ones on the internet sometimes contain mac changers). Then wait 15 days without using any kind of MAC changer and you are unbanned -- Leseratte (talk) 07:17, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
Thanks For everything!
I always play on wimmfi. Its better than WFC. I am glad you help others and you are the best person on this wiki. I have Great ideas for the MKWII hacking community. Thank you for everything you've done. I know I'm 10 and the youngest guy on the wiki but I would like to help. You inspired me to make visual studio apps. if you need help or for tech help with the wiki, go to my talk. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAPPY!!!!!!;) Jax53000VR (talk) 00:13, 11 July 2015 (UTC)Jax53000VR
Request for Unban
Hi Wiimm, I was wondering if you could unban me from Wiimmfi? The first time I hacked, I didn't know it would ban me. The second time, it wasn't me, that was hacking, my friends went into my Wii and I told them I could be banned, but they didn't listen. Philgta5 (talk) 20:22, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
- Clearly no. I can't proof it and then you tell me something like this: "Dear police, please let me free. I don't know that the manipulation of gambling machines is not legal."
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Question
Hey Wiimm, I recently started playing Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, and I used Bean's Wiimmfi Patcher to patch it, and everything online works, yet Time Trial leaderboards disconnect me, with Error Code 98020. Is this feature currently not working or is it just me? -Your friendly neighbour hood dino, JσεεуTD (talk) 19:58, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- Online leaderboards do not work for most game, so it's probably normal that you get 98020. -- Leseratte (talk) 20:08, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
Mario Kart Wii Wiimmfi EC: 23911 problem
- Is it really necessary to post the same request at 2 places (first at correct place here and then afterward at wrong place)? And how do I make a lookup without any technical details like FC, IP, time ...?
- -- Wiimm (talk) 10:32, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
Mario Kart Wii Wiimmfi EC: 23887 problem
Hi Wiimm, I have something to ask. My friend waited 7 days for error code 23887 to be gone, but when he reconnected after 7 days, it seems to be still displayed. Any reasons why? 9Paran (talk) 12:41, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
- If I say "9Paran" to my Chrystal Ball, it will not light up and don't tell me the answer. So my answer is "no". (I hope you understand what I mean)
- -- Wiimm (talk) 12:46, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
MKWii 23911 error code
MKWii CT Distribution Region problem
Hi Wiimm, for some reason for mine and Zpl's pack ntsc-u users connect to regionals with vx_588 and pal users connect to regionals with vs_588 and I have no idea on how to fix it. Bladestorm227 (talk 20:23, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- That means, that you patched both versions differently. If you send me a zip/rar/7z/.. with staticr.rel and main.dol of ntcs+pal (=4 files), than I can investigate it.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 20:42, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Here's the download https://mega.nz/#F!3nJhmKaS!YT3TuZBeKQmAGiC1BWUn3Q it has the main.dol and staticr.rel for all regions Bladestorm227 (talk 9:32, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- That was easy, the command wstrt ana */* tells all:
* Analyze NTSC-J/StaticR.rel NTSC/JAP version of StaticR found. - Known 'https://' URLs modified. - Known versus region patch found, regions = 0x1194=4500, 0x94=148, 0x1194=4500, 0x1194=4500 - Known battle region patch found, regions = 0x1194=4500, 0x94=148, 0x1194=4500, 0x1194=4500 - Versus identification ('vs') patched: vx vx vx vx * Analyze NTSC-J/main.dol NTSC/JAP version of main.dol found. - Original JAP file with Wiimmfi support. * Analyze NTSC-U/StaticR.rel NTSC/USA version of StaticR found. - Known 'https://' URLs modified. - Known versus region patch found, regions = 0x24c=588, 0x4c=76, 0x24c=588, 0x24c=588 - Known battle region patch found, regions = 0x24c=588, 0x4c=76, 0x24c=588, 0x24c=588 - Versus identification ('vs') patched: vx vx vx vx * Analyze NTSC-U/main.dol NTSC/USA version of main.dol found. - Original USA file with Wiimmfi support. * Analyze PAL/StaticR.rel PAL version of StaticR found. - Known 'https://' URLs modified. - Known versus region patch found, regions = 0x24c=588, 0x4c=76, 0x24c=588, 0x24c=588 - Known battle region patch found, regions = 0x24c=588, 0x4c=76, 0x24c=588, 0x24c=588 * Analyze PAL/main.dol PAL version of main.dol found. - Original PAL file with Wiimmfi support.
Why was I banned? No, seriously, why?
I know unban requests usually fall on deaf ears, but please hear me out. I have made two profiles on Custom Track Grand Prix Revolution and both have been banned (error code 23912). I have no idea why, seeing as how I have never broken any Wiimmfi rules at any time in the past. I have never played unfairly (such as targeting or sandbagging) and I have never hacked or modded my Wii in any way (except to play CTGP-R). I am certain the bans are a mistake. Can you please look them up? The two FC's are 0521-3964-0093 and 1638-0909-2328. Thank you. -- Nabrix (talk) 01:29, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
- You should discuss about this here. But anyway, I've looked in the ban history of those friend codes and you were never banned. So I guess something went wrong there. Since when were you banned? Have you tried creating a new profile? —Atlas (talk) – 01:21, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- If I'm not banned, then why do I still fail to connect and get the 23912 error code? The first profile (0521) was created several months ago and was banned a few months ago. I created the second profile (1638) and played on that one. I quit playing for a while but came back a little over a week ago using the same profile. Then it got banned about 4 days ago. I have created a third profile and I'm playing on that. Though I'd rather fix whatever the problem is rather than just continuing to create new profiles and restart with 5K VR every couple weeks. -- Nabrix (talk) 02:25, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
Losing region because of unpopularirty
Hey, I looked at my messages today on the Wiimmfi website and it said (and I quote) 'Warning: Region 2501 never used. Use it in the next weeks. Otherwise you'll loose the ownership.' The region itself accessible, but nobody uses it, the region is for the 2.5x Speed Mod and I would like to keep the region, thanks for reading. --Skipper93653 (talk) 12:03, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- This message was sent about 50 times, and more will follow (366 days after region assignment). It's part of the cleaning process. Do you think, the region will be ever ever used? Go online, play some matches to stop auto-disabling and ask me again to reset ownership status.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 14:50, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
About a moderator role
About connection’s state from CTGP or not
I think, it depends on our connection state, but Players state who are using red line is worse than White line, that I felt. We are usually in the trouble because of the line and connection state. Is that probably my fault? -- Jolte0n (talk) 11:27, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
- Are you talking about the color of the line below a player's name when racing? These?
- If so, these just indicate the region someone is from: e.g. Japan being red, America being Blue.
- -- IEF◇Spyro (talk) 16:34, 19 November 2019 (BST)
- to be honest. there's massive problem between the red line and white line, I mean Players who are using white line has really good condition of state.
- meanwhile, Players who is using red line are really bad what I feel. and then, it sometimes causes a debate like a slander from Japanese players who are using White line against to red lines.
- -- Jolte0n (talk) 0:12, 20 November 2019 (UTC)