- 1 Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
- 2 White Loop custom track assistance
- 3 Welcome!
- 3.1 Future Reference for Your Distributions
- 3.2 Riivolution
- 3.3 Impossible CT Pack
- 3.4 CTGP Revolution Wishlist Page
- 3.5 Name change
- 3.6 Man-O-Wii's Least Favorites Pack
- 3.7 Thank you!
- 3.8 Blender vs Sketchup
- 3.9 Music slot for Rolling Gizmo Raceway on Cuberluigi CT Pack track wishlist
- 3.10 SMG Tracks Discord
Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- If you plan to update a lot of pages in a short period of time, please clear it with a moderator first.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
White Loop custom track assistance
- I'm going to attempt to do the KCL myself first, but for whatever reason it hasn't always worked for me, so I may need help on that. --DryBowser; "Blue Loop is the Fisher Price: My First Loop Track of Loop Tracks." (talk) 00:50, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
Hello, DryBowser. I recently noticed that you used one of my Custom Tracks, Shell Speedway, in your distribution. I have read your user page, and even if it was chosen at random, thank you for trying it out! I hope that all goes will with the track and the distribution. If you have any questions about Custom Track making or anything else, you can contact me via Discord at @Hman6516#2342.
Future Reference for Your Distributions
I noticed that you've been churning out at least a distribution per day. However, you should consider the following for when you release a new distribution or update a pre-existing one:
- If you're going to have a track list, use a table that lists the track name, the version and the author(s). I somewhat set this up for you on the DryBowser's Unused CT Distribution and Color Grand Prix pages.
- Please list down the version numbers of the tracks in your distributions. This is especially true in the "Custom Track Distributions" section of a custom track page, although Wiimm's archive does this process easily when I add a distribution on there.
- Keep the distributions alphabetical in the "Custom Track Distributions" section of custom track pages. It looks extremely messy otherwise.
- Related to this, the default time zone is UTC. You can set it within the Preferences page, like this. --KantoEpic (talk) 02:05, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
Could you possibly stop relying on My Stuff to power your distributions?
There isn't any real reason to use My Stuff over Riivolution unless you want to make a quick small distribution for friends to play with.
I could help you setup a Riivolution-based distribution, if you need any.
Discord: FancyEX#7903 --FancyDoesCustomTracks (talk) 23:52, 4 April 2020 (UTC)
- You don't need DTools to make a CT-CODE distribution, I usually do stuff manually now, also what is your Discord name and 4 digit ID so I can add you and help you with stuff in the future. --FancyDoesCustomTracks (talk) 14:27, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
- Okay, I definitely do need help. Do I need Wiimms SZS Tools to make this? Because when I try to install it I keep getting an error. My Discord is DryBowserPacks, and my ID is 5227. DryBowser (talk) 15:46, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
Impossible CT Pack
Of course you can make the XML File for me! But I think I'm also going to release the My Stuff Version. I'm going to contact you when I'm releasing the My Stuff Version so you can make the XML File. "I would just need to know the name you are going to use for the core folder, (the folder you will be putting the .szs/.wbz files into) and I can create the patch." And what do you mean with "core folder"? --Unsigned comment by SitBar (talk).
- Next time, add --~ (the ~ is four times) at the end of a post or reply, please. Also he literally just said it --FancyDoesCustomTracks (talk) 19:23, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
- The core folder is the folder that you will place the .szs/.wbz files into. Assuming you will be using a zipped file to release this pack, since you are using My Stuff to power your distribution, you won't need more than one folder to contain the needed files. The core folder is simply the folder that the files are located in. --DryBowser (talk) 22:59, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
- The "core folder" in question can be anywhere on an SD card/USB stick, as long as it does not interfere with other distributions and the like. It would just need to be linked properly within an XML file, just like with some optional goodies you want to add in a distribution if you want (additional save games, different languages and My Stuff folders, for instance). --KantoEpic (talk) 01:17, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
- Ok I released the My Stuff Version! When you would make a Riivolution Version, I will give you Credits :D --SitBar (talk) 22:43, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
- Okay, I have the XML file ready. I've just got to test and make sure everything works. After I'm done i'll send you the zipped file. --DryBowser (talk) 01:57, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
Hi, this has been said multiple times now and you clearly have not gotten the message. Do not add tracks to the CTGP Revolution/Track Wishlist/New Tracks page unless you are an author of said track.
They will be instantly removed or invalidated. Only authors can submit their tracks to that page as it should be their decision if they want their track distributed or tested for CTGP.
- Sorry about that, realized it afterwards. --DryBowser (talk) 22:17, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
How can the moderators approve your name change when you never requested it here? Also the rules say "You may request a user name change after being a member of this wiki for at least one year" This is for you clearly not the case. KantoEpic told you this before. Also he don't dictate what your name is. It's your fault since you created the account with that name and you clearly not read the rules. Also moving the user page two times to your new name doesn't mean you get the name change earlier. It's more the other way around. You maybe even have to wait longer now. --Larry98 (talk) 21:44, 17 May 2020 (UTC)
- I requested it on the help page. Didn't realize. Don't have to get annoyed, honestly. KantoEpic didn't tell me anything. I've come to find that this wiki really isn't user friendly in any way. One mistake, boom, now you're in hot water. --DryBowser (talk) 21:48, 17 May 2020 (UTC)
- "KantoEpic didn't tell me anything" is wrong. Kanto said "Wait until March 31, 2021 for a name change."
- Also why is the wiki not user friendly? You didn't even read the rules which is the second sentence on your talk page "Before you get started, click here to read the Rules page.", otherwise you would know where and how to request a name change.
- And you did that mistake (moving the page) not just one time, you did it TWO times. Also the time where you can change your name isn't even changed, so where is your problem? --Larry98 (talk) 22:27, 17 May 2020 (UTC)
- This wiki isn't user friendly because people expect every user to know every detail about the wiki. You can't expect every user to explore every inch of the wiki to see if they've made a mistake or not. Honestly, I read the rules, but it's been quite a bit of time. And it's not like I repeatedly break the rules either. I didn't realize that there was an issue with changing names, that's my bad. But when you go around telling someone that it's their fault for a mistake will honestly discourage many new users from using the wiki. We all like the same things, so we don't have to be throwing blame around. I'm not saying that it's not my fault, but honestly, "Unfortunately, you cannot change your username yet due to your account not being old enough." will help people be more comfortable in the wiki than saying "Moving the user page two times to your new name doesn't mean you get the name change earlier. It's more the other way around. You maybe have to wait longer now." --DryBowser (talk) 22:44, 17 May 2020 (UTC)
Man-O-Wii's Least Favorites Pack
Why did you revert any sort of edit I made to the Man-O-Wii's Least Favorites Pack page? It took me a while to gather the track versions, just for you to revert them as if nothing ever happened. --KantoEpic (talk) 17:25, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- I didn't realize that the track listing had been completed. When I went on the page it didn't show anything but that the disclaimer had been removed, and I wanted to have it on there. I even compared the revisions and the only thing that showed was that the disclaimer had been removed. I don't know. I spent quite a bit of time writing up the disclaimer, too, so I didn't want that removed. --DryBowser (talk) 17:53, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- I bothered with the track list in the first place because I thought you were being lazy and not supplying the respective tracks and versions within the listing. Oh well. I think it would be ideal if you jotted down the versions of tracks when making your distribution, so that it would be easier to edit the track list within a distribution page. --KantoEpic (talk) 18:09, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- Okay, good to know. Will take that into account next time. --DryBowser (talk) 19:37, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
Hello there! I wanted to thank you for helping me out with my N64 Bowser's Castle R page! It means a lot to me 😊
I wanted to ask : do we know each other? I'm kind of new here so my account is not really well known, so that means pretty much rare are those who make it to my page without knowing me nor without the promotion I have sent on Discord. Oh! And even if we do not know each other, it's nice to meet you! 🙂
- Yeah, I actually stumbled across your page on the recent tab. I try to help out on the wiki, so that was the main reason I stumbled on to your page. And no problem for the help on the page. —DryBowser; "Blue Loop is the Fisher Price: My First Loop Track of Loop Tracks." (talk) 02:13, 21 July 2020 (UTC)
Blender vs Sketchup
Hello Man-O-Wii seeing as you make loads of custom tracks have you ever considered using the open source Blender instead of Sketchup as your modeling program. About a month ago I transitioned from Sketchup to Blender due to sketchup's lack of functionality and despite the frustration it was vastly worth it. Blender is just so much more powerful than sketchup and as you make so many mods this is something I feel you would really benefit from. If your interested I'm already helping Whipinsnapper with blender on my user talk so feel free to join in. --HackerCop ❯❯❯ Talk 13:15, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
- I've tried Blender in the past, but I found it to be too confusing. Sketchup always seems to work for me, so I'll probably just stick with that, as once you figure it out you can still make amazing custom tracks, as seen with many great creators such as Jasperr who use SketchUp. --👍 DryBowser (talk) 15:30, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
Music slot for Rolling Gizmo Raceway on Cuberluigi CT Pack track wishlist
Hi, I think the music slot for Rolling Gizmo Raceway seems better with Block Plaza because that music slot seems to match the theme very well. I disagree having Toad's Factory as its music slot because that music looks very janky on that track, and doesn't seem satisfying to me. Octanevinny (talk) 15:25, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
- Nevermind, it's your decision, given you're the author of the custom track Rolling Gizmo Raceway. Octanevinny (talk) 15:54, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
SMG Tracks Discord
Hey, I saw your SMG Tracks project and I think it's a great idea! I wanna follow along and see how it's coming and maybe help out a bit; I'm trying to learn how to make my own CTs. The Discord link on the project page is expired, though. Would you mind updating the link? Thanks, Whipinsnapper (talk) 03:44, 30 August 2020 (UTC)