Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- If you plan to update a lot of pages in a short period of time, please clear it with a moderator first.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Regarding Recent Edits
Don't remove the "height" part of a YouTube video in the Media section unless it already looks fine without it. I would've already told you this prior, but I can't even message you on Discord. --KantoEpic (talk) 18:46, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Along with this, keep the exclamation marks when editing the Version History section. Not only does it unbold the column names, but it also uncenters them too. Periods are also not needed for stuff like "First release" or "Start of development." --KantoEpic (talk) 23:35, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
Regarding your revision
One of the main tasks of a moderator or administrator in this Wiki is to keep consistency within the content of the pages. Your latest attempts to undo our corrections do not benefit the Wiki at all, since you're breaking this consistency we're supposed to achieve.
In the revision's summary, you state that track creators should have priority over how their page should be, and this is by many means correct: you may provide the necessary information about your track that you think it's better described, and you may add extra information about specific versions on the version history. However, being interrupted to correct small errors that break the equilibrium of the page with the rest does not please the purpose of a public Wiki where many users are able to contribute to keep the website uniform. Please do not undo revisions that are performed with the aforementioned reason, otherwise this place wouldn't be one of the most well-organized modding vaults on the Internet. Consider this as a warning, since you have been breaking two of the rules: on the one hand, not acknowledging moderators messages and warnings, and on the other hand, performing counter-productive edits. This resulted in us protecting the page temporarily. I recommend you to take a look at the Published Works Policy to understand the rights you have over your tracks published here, but keep in mind that they don't involve granting any extra right that allow you to do whatever you want with the page itself.
—Atlas (talk) – 02:47, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
Ban for 1 day
It was not the first time you undone my edits without real reason. It is waste of time and space to edit only one space without impact. An nearly all of the wbz-id links doesn't have an extra space. So consistency means here: no extra space.
I undone your edits only to point to this bad behavior of minimal and useless edits.
I generally recommend to discuss instead to undo moderator edits.
- I've been adding spaces to some pages I edited in the past for the same reason as him, but doing it with a bot would be easier. If only I could get mine to work.
—Atlas (talk) – 21:12, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- The edit itself is not the bad, but undoing moderators edit, and some of them with a false reason, is. And it is wast of time (see below).
- In nearly all pages wbz-id has no extra space. From the beginning I inserted it without space (ct.wiimm.de provide the entries without space). Adding a space makes it inconsistent. In deed, there are running 2 bots: One every 3 hours to provide wbz-id with a page-od. And a second, the is running occasionally to edit/normalize wbz-id's. And this bot removes extra spaces. That's the reason I'm sure, that >95% ot hte links comes without space. It is not an issue to change the behavior if the moderators want it.
- And again: I'm not annoyed for the first time about the thoughtless withdrawal of moderator changes. Hence the ban.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 21:26, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- I think it would be better if you changed the behaviour of the bot so that the wbz-id entries in the Misc-Info box would include an additional space. The problem with the current setup is that every other entry within the template box, generally speaking, uses an additional space for every single page on this website, and it causes inconsistency when someone looks at the page source – I know that they aren't really needed and they don't actually do anything to a page, but Wikipedia tends to use additional spaces for their template boxes. For example, you can see that this page uses additional spaces for the artist's info box if you check the source. So, really, we would either remove additional spaces within every single entry in the Misc-Info box for all pages on the Wiiki that uses this template, or we would only change the wbz-id entry to include one more space, which I feel is less work and it looks better in the page source. --KantoEpic (talk) 22:20, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- have all the pages be consistent with their tables, all spaces or no spaces. however it gets done are just details, all we see are the wiiki pages and we see inconsistencies, which has led to this situation
- --lol Zilla 00:18, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- The discussion it not finished, because you did it again: Undoing moderator edits and ignoring moderator advises. -- Wiimm (talk) 06:01, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
Spoilers on Talk Pages
Please don't add spoilers to discussions as a way to hide previous events involving you. All you're really doing is putting tape on a frayed cord, which doesn't really work in the long run. --KantoEpic (talk) 06:59, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
Please tell me any advantage of using "Nin­tendo" instead of "Nintendo" in misc-info. I see only 2 (very little) disadvantages: If searching "Nintendo" while editing AND waste of space (extra edit and database size).
- While yes this does use more characters and space, having the designer only set to "Nintendo" disables the designer tab to be seen, hence making Nintendo's name being unseeable; just like when it is left blank.
- I don't know why this is, but when having change "Nintendo" to "Nin­tendo", this re-enables the designer tab with Nintendo's name being viewable.
- So don't complain to me that I've changed something to be in line with the newer retro track ports that use this formation, this is simply just something that the template does not show when simply typing "Nintendo".