While testing offline with cpu controlled enemies, I found a temporary position bug and a lap not count bug (enemies). Both happens in the very first U-turn in the very north. For the lap not count bug: Drive behind all enemies and watch you position. -- Wiimm (talk) 15:46, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- There are at least 3 invalid Check Point Quadrilaterals (see yellow circles at image). One of them is a mandatory check point, and all are used for respawning. -- Wiimm (talk) 18:11, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- There are mor invalid check points:
+ WARNING: Check points #4 and #5 do not form a convex quadrilateral (pos bug?). + WARNING: Check points #7 and #8 do not form a convex quadrilateral (pos bug?). + WARNING: Check points #16 and #17 do not form a convex quadrilateral (pos bug?). + WARNING: Check points #21 and #22 do not form a convex quadrilateral (pos bug?). + WARNING: Check points #32 and #33 do not form a convex quadrilateral (pos bug?). + WARNING: Check points #47 and #48 do not form a convex quadrilateral (pos bug?).
v1.62.nether is same as 1.61.day
After a fast offline test I found some small bugs:
- Since some month, I test with activated performance monitor. It shows the CPU + GPU utilization. And this track has a utilization of 90% in some situations in single player offline. And this usually means a slow motion bug online in full rooms. For comparement: v1.7 has a max rate of about 65-70%.
- If using the temple shortcut with Mega Mushroom, you hit an invisible wall at the end of the short cut.
- In my very first race I tried different things in the first lap. Then in the second lap, I was always respawned at the start line. It's way curios, because I can't confirm this bug in a second race.
- We have had this bug where you always spawn at the startline when you fall off before and we arent sure whats causing it, its been a noticed problem since v1.61 after it was tested in a froom and nobody has replicated it since. so we are unsure of how we can fix this issue.
- As for the slow motion bug, we usually wait for CTGP testing frooms so we can test how much it lags and what we can try to do to reduce it, so lag reducing will come after testing sessions.
- -- IEF◇Spyro (talk) 12:20 20 April 2019 (UTC)
lap not count in v2.16
Today I found a lap not count bug in v2.16. Because the the check points were not changed, I think the bug is in older versions too.
What have I done: 150cc: To proof Bullet Bill, I used it (with item cheat) until the fork before the finish. Here I was clearly at first position. Then I used the right way, and jump with mushrooms over the building to the pyramid. I drove over the finish gate from left to right and jump into the lake. I was respawned behind the finish line. From now on, the position tracker goes from 1 to 12. I used Bullet Bill again, but the next lap does not count. So I had to drive a third one.
Then I loaded v2.15 and tried the same. This time only the position tracker failed. And it was curios, that the race finished after 2 laps.
About combined download
I don't think, that a combined download with all versions is a good idea. Usually, a guest want's only to download the latest version. Now he must download all, must wait much longer on slow internet, and can be confused about the many versions.
A solution: download 1 for latest szs and download 2 for the combined zip.
- Thats a good idea actually Wiimm, i'll make sure to go and add that. Thanks for mentioning.