- 1 Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
- 2 Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
- 3 Magnetic City Glitch
- 4 Cool, Cool Mountain...and First Period
- 5 Disco Fever
- 6 Update Magnetic City
- 7 Help
- 8 WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!!??!?!?!
- 9 Slow-Mo removed
- 10 ERROR!
- 11 Disco Fever bug
- 12 Alpine Skyway bug
- 13 Rosalina's Starlight Coaster bug
- 14 Welcome back
- 15 The return?
- 16 Sacred Woods
- 17 Custom Track Request
- 18 Fixing Tracks
- 19 Rant
- 20 CTGP drama
- 21 Ouch
- 22 Misc
- 23 Official contact with MrBean35000vr and/or Chadderz
- 24 Bye
Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, Click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
Looks like you've edited the page Alpine Skyway 25 times in the past 4 days.... that's a lot more than was necessary. First of all use the PREVIEW button instead of saving every tiny edit. Second, in general you shouldn't update more than a couple of times every few days unless you have something significant to add - like screenshots, a download or video. We really don't need to know that you're now 5%, 15%, 40% etc. finished with the KMP. It wastes moderator's time because we have to check those edits, and and it wastes your time because you're editing the wiki instead of working on your track. -Jefe (talk) 23:16, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- You edited Sacred Woods about 5 times in 7 minutes. This is excessive. Are you reading the Rules?
- Do not edit any individual page more than 2 TIMES in a row in a 15 MINUTE PERIOD.
- -- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 18:32, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
Magnetic City Glitch
Hey ! I found a glitch shortcut which saves 10 seconds. At the start, when you are at the first fork, choose the left road, after the little ramp on the floor, you should go near the traffic sign and if you touch the wall you'll get out of the track. Go around the house and get the stone road after turnimg to the right. Do the straight in front of you and at the fork turn to the right and if you follow the road you'll find yourself at the magnetic wall with the cannon. Please fix this ! Hope you understand what i wrote ;)-Dswii3ds (talk)
Cool, Cool Mountain...and First Period
The second period tracks are the ones that i want to update now, and release E. Gadd's Computer... by the way i didn't forgot that i should also update alpine skyway, it's quite important... --xBlue98 (talk) 02:51, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
- The track is already in the CTGP New tracks wishlist (heidy) haven't you checked? --xBlue98 (talk) 12:57, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
Update Magnetic City
Can you please update Magnetic City to replace Moonview Highway Slot because Wine's CT Pack was able to do that,but when it's launched on wii with the file name "ridgehighway_course" it presents me with a black screen. 4tbMyles8110mkwii 21:51 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- I don't really care and have time to update an old and bad track as heck like Magnetic City... --xBlue98 (talk) 22:59, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- To enable a track on Slot 4.2 it must have at least one truck, car, or bomb car and the course_model.brres must be the original Moonview Highway one.
- Here's the summary of the page's last edit before I deleted it:
- (Farewell E. Gadd's Computer... all my ct files were in my old hard disk (broken), i bought a new one. So i ask deletion :(...)
- --maczkopeti (talk) 16:18, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
- That track is lost at all, I can't do anything, that's terrible. Soon I'll start another track, always computer/cyber themed, it's really sad. --xBlue98 (talk) 21:37, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
ok :( I wish my tracks will load but it wont and I could create a simple version but my tracks never load plus can I have your custom Professor Elvin Gadd voice? Jax53000VR (talk) 22:16, 20 February 2015 (UTC)Jax53000VR
Tock and I removed the slow motion bug for
I've Seen Your Custom track pages and you use KMP Cloud Right? Well when I try and save it for my CT, it says "Saving has failed ,Show details of exeption?". What is it? I've done EVERYTHING right. What does it mean? Jax53000VR (talk) 14:51, 3 May 2015 (UTC)Jax53000VR
Disco Fever bug
See CTGP Revolution/Track Wishlist/Existing Tracks#Track Bug Reports.
--maczkopeti (talk) 13:32, 29 May 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, I've noticed that. It's easy to fix, I'll move the cannon position. --xBlue98 (talk) 14:04, 29 May 2015 (UTC)
Alpine Skyway bug
See CTGP Revolution/Track Wishlist/Existing Tracks#Track Bug Reports.
--maczkopeti (talk) 10:49, 31 May 2015 (UTC)
- I checked with Wiimm SZS Tools, and there were 2 camera warnings. I updated the track to v1.1, and those 2 warnings (the cause) are removed. There shouldn't be anymore a freeze during the live cameras. --xBlue98 (talk) 13:59, 31 May 2015 (UTC)
Rosalina's Starlight Coaster bug
See CTGP Revolution/Track Wishlist/Existing Tracks#Track Bug Reports.
--maczkopeti (talk) 10:01, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
Welcome back xBlue! I saw you updated Daisy Gardens and I might take a look at it later. I’m a new CT creator by the way if you don’t know me. I can’t wait to see what else you have in store! Toxic Prime (talk) 14:22, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
Hey man! Remember me? ;) We have talked a lot on skype in the past. Did you really return? If so, you should get discord! There are lots of mkw discord servers where you can get in touch with other creators and players in general. I can link you to some of them :P My discord is JorisMKW#5475. Really happy seeing your name again here. JorisMKW (talk) 15:36, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
- Of course I remember about you! That was a really fun period. Lately, I've been really busy. About discord: I should still think about that, as I can see the MKWii community changed a lot since 2015 and I no longer know its dynamics. However I will not be as active here as before... anyway, this year I've planned updates of some of my existing tracks, and maybe I'll create some new few ones too. --xBlue98 (talk) 18:07, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
- Awesome to hear that you want to update certain tracks! There have been some attempts to fix lag on Disco Fever some months ago; maybe you could update that track sometime? :P I heard Sucht93a was working on that but I'm not sure if the lag was ever fixed or not. Either way, take it easy, no need to rush for updates ;) Also just add me on discord if you ever decide to do that. JorisMKW (talk) 18:36, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Funkydude! I would be happy if you update it, but I don't feel to collaborate, I realized that I work better alone on tracks. --xBlue98 (talk) 20:30, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
Custom Track Request
Hey man! So this guy named rusoX told me on discord that he has a really great idea for a custom track that he would like to see made. He explained to me what the track should be like and I must say that it's a really great idea. In short, it's a track where you race in the garden of a house. The idea is that the players are really small and that there are enemies like ants in the track. There are things like high grass, big plants, a pool, a doghouse and more. I can't really explain every detail here but I can assure you it's a really original and cool concept ;P However, he has like no experience with making a track and wants the quality to be alright, so he asked me to ask you if you maybe want to make this track for him? You already said you were really busy and such but maybe you can use this idea when you want to make a new track in the future? ;) Either way, thanks from rusoX in advance! Also, how could I contact you best? Is this talk page fine for you or do you still use your skype? JorisMKW (talk) 20:39, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
- I sent you a friend request on Skype. --xBlue98 (talk) 18:12, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi. What kind of tracks? It's ok if someone fix or updates some of my OLD tracks, even if most of them are really outdated garbage, these requires remakes from scratch! But please, don't update any of my "newest" tracks, if there are some minor problems in these, I prefer updating these by myself. Example? River of Dreams and Disco Fever. --xBlue98 (talk) 18:07, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
This is a somewhat quick rant. But your fucking manchild-ish attitude got your tracks removed from CTGP. How about you accept actual fucking criticism instead of doing a tantrum as if you were 5. Literal kids like you shouldn't be in this community, go back to Troy, your homeland. Anyways, I'm not saying your SNES RR is bad or any of your tracks are bad, but if someone/a group gives you criticism. Accept it instead of crying like a child, you're probably 18+ by this point, so FUCKING GROW UP. FancyDoesCustomTracks (talk) 21:33, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- First, unacceptable speech. Hope a native speaker can translate it into better english.
- If I understand it, all tracks of XBlue98 were removed from CTGP, because he don't accept the wishes of the CTGP test team for one track. If that is true, I knew who is childish -- and it is not XBlue98.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 22:31, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- xBlue threatened to DMCA if we didn't accept his track, as is, still with all of the issues we found with it. This is basically a Torran v2 situation. If that does not scream "overreaction" then I really don't know what does.
- Maybe some harsh language, sure, but this is not a situation to be defending xBlue in. -- Carp (talk) 22:41, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- The first and third answer are at out of place, of a frightening vulgarity and incorrectness.
- The decision has been made, as follows, to protect myself and my own works:
- I don't share anything at all about what happens in the CTGP backroom.
- But I am obligated to reiterate that any preferences, wishes, and even attempted manipulations shouldn't be confused as objective issues.
- That said, instead of talking uselessly here, you should be grateful that nothing will happen if all my tracks gets removed. -- xBlue98 (talk) 00:10, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
New section so this is less colored by the vulgar mess of letters above.
To make this incident as clear as I can, this is what happened:
- The CTGP testers wanted the slow ramps in your SNES Rainbow Road remake to be replaced with trickable road. In the opinion of a significant number of people, this would have made the track far more fun to drive.
- Being perfectionists, the CTGP testers refused to add the track as-is. Rather than letting this minor change be made, you got upset.
- Of all things you could have done, you blackmailed them to have the track added as-is by threatening to file a DMCA claim against CTGP if they didn't either add it or remove your other tracks.
- Despite the highly questionable legal backing of such an action, CTGP followed your demands and removed your tracks.
You are not the victim here; like a toddler, you couldn't handle a decision not going your way, and in your tantrum you accomplished nothing.
All you had to do to "protect yourself and your own works" was refuse that change. The track wouldn't have made it into CTGP... but in no way would that be a worse scenario than what we have now.
MrBean, someone who didn't even know about any of this until after the fact, wants to communicate with you to make this right. I love your tracks, and I really suggest that you be willing to open up so we can all let this go.
(By the way, to FancyDoesCustomTracks: Your intentions are in the right place, but let's just say Blue's not the only one who needs to control his emotions better.) --Cotni (talk|contribs) 04:37, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- I have thought about if I should even answer this... I'm still not sure if it's worth it.
- From what I see, you probably haven't read everything about the discussion above, therefore I suggest you to do that.
- It's unnecessary to continue talking about a sensible action which, by the way, has simply reached one sort of mediation.
- Among the other things you'll understand that talking about emotions, in the case of the occurrence of certain inaudible facts such as those listed in my last answer, is inappropriate (this is not everything, there are other facts that I'm not willing to reveal).
- Hoping to have put a point to this discussion, I don't know what else to say besides than wishing you a good Sunday.
- -- xBlue98 (talk) 15:05, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
I saw your disagreement here, and it's very sad that you guys had to come to this. At least I don't get CTGP updates anymore, so fortunately, I'm not dragged into the update and track drama. CTGPfan100 (talk) 04:47, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
Official contact with MrBean35000vr and/or Chadderz
Note: I would request only User:Chadderz, User:MrBean35000vr and User:xBlue98 edit this section. We wish for this to be official exclusive direct contact between those parties. If we do speak in private, I (Chadderz) will reflect the outcome of that discussion here.
MrBean35000vr and I deeply regret the events of the past few days. We very much hope that we can find a way past any differences and certainly would like to have your work represented in CTGP-R once more. We have been unable to establish a direct contact with you in order to discuss this matter and would like to do so. We're happy to talk on Discord or via email or any other suitable platform. We can also discuss publicly here if you would prefer.
To explain our perspective and actions, neither me nor MrBean35000vr were aware of any dispute between you and the track testing team before 17th May 2019. We became aware of it when we were linked this screenshot. To be clear, that team is a voluntary group that helps us with decision making. They do not officially represent CTGP, MrBean35000vr or Chadderz. After receiving the screenshot, we immediately tried to make contact with you but found we could not. We subsequently asked people who were able to contact you to confirm that the message was genuine and they said yes. Without a way to contact you, we did not feel we could be certain that you would be happy with any solution regarding SNES Rainbow Road and so we felt it was our duty to prevent the threat of any legal action. Unfortunately we were in the process of updating CTGP that day, and so could not afford to wait if we wished to remove the tracks in time for the 1 week deadline.
It is not appropriate in situations such as this with legal implications to be contacting you via unofficial 3rd parties. Even if you do not wish to talk with us about the dispute, we formally request that you respond to each of the following points:
- Do you confirm that this wiki account represents User:xBlue98 (author of 'Crossingville', 'Horror Mansion', 'Disco Fever' and 'Daisy Gardens') officially?
- Do you accept that the above screenshot is accurate and that you, xBlue98, sent the message?
- If so, do you agree that the following is an accurate characterisation of that message "Unless SNES Rainbow Road is accepted into CTGP-R without further requirements for changes, then on 24th May 2019 xBlue98 will begin legal proceedings against ChadSoft claiming infringement of the copyrighted works 'Crossingville', 'Horror Mansion', 'Disco Fever' and 'Daisy Gardens'."
- Do you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, following the update on 19th May 2019 CTGP-R v1.03 no longer infringes any copyright you hold.
- Do you confirm that, following this update, you will not be undertaking any legal action against ChadSoft.
I hope we can amicably resolve this matter soon. We are all united by our passion for these mods and this community and it is always incredibly sad to see divisions and disputes break out.