This is the archive of User talk:Maczkopeti.
- 1 Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
- 2 Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
- 3 CTGP-R Page
- 4 Images uploaded by you
- 5 Stop the Edit War
- 6 Recent changes
- 7 Designer
- 8 Ultra Trivial Edits
- 9 Creating a user page?
- 10 Ever considered making a CT?
- 11 The translated names for this track:
- 12 AC/Translation
- 13 Translation
- 14 Moderator Rights
- 15 SpyKid's CT Pack
- 16 Page Deletions
- 17 Sand Speedway 2
- 18 German Translations
- 19 GBA Bowser Castle 2 Edit War
- 20 I was not done
- 21 Russian Translator
- 22 Daisy Garden translation
- 23 CTGP v1.03.0000
- 24 Question Creator, Designer
- 25 Mario Circuit
- 26 Template:Main-news
- 27 Template:Multi-column
- 28 Slot section
- 29 Translation
- 30 Account name
- 31 Your a Moderator. Help?
- 32 Unban me plz
- 33 Vertex Colours
- 34 please help me on Boardwalk Booster
- 35 Skype
- 36 Sorry for the translations
- 37 .nkm to .kmp
- 38 About DS Bowser Castle
- 39 Retro Team
- 40 Deleting a page
- 41 Project S
Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, Click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
The video layout style of disambiguation pages should stay on disambiguation pages. In some cases, having 2 videos side by side and then another older video below them just looks ridiculous.
Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 18:40, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
It´s good that you want to make the table complete but than make it like the previous table. Didn´t add the music ID and Slot ID add for that that: Dry Dry Ruins (T41, 14) and use for the speed not ndash use 1.0 and didn´t remove ,Update by xyz --Horsti12™ THE Clouddealer (talk) 23:46, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Images uploaded by you
Stop the Edit War
- Follow the link to continue the discussion: Talk:CTGP Revolution#Speed Multiplier Column
- Wiimm (talk) 10:29, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
What did you doing all the day??? That is not normal. --Snake 17:31, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- I'm editing the Custom Track Distributions section on the pages of CTGP-R tracks and some other things too --maczkopeti (talk) 17:40, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your help to editing my page. --Snake 06:33, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
Why you delte two times the designer of the track?
- probably for the same reason I started doing that (but then stopped); it saves space. however, I stopped, because in case the template changes and no longer puts the creator in that spot anymore.
- --Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 19:03, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
Ultra Trivial Edits
Changing the capitalization of "Thondam" (and the subsequent deletion of the redirects) just breaks existing links, frankly, creates more work for the actual moderators to check. Whether or not he uses "thondam" (I use actually use "jefe" most of the time) is immaterial. Wiki software forces capitalization of the first letter in most cases, and your average use will be looking for names spelled with a capital letter. Changing the actual TEMPLATE name to lowercase? Now that's ridiculous. People normally don't see that at all.
As for other user links, I appreciate that you are attempting to standardize them, but from what I've seen over the past few days, I think that is unnecessary. A bit of personal space at the bottom of wiki pages is absolutely fine as long as it isn't distracting on the eyes, disruptive in some way, or broken. --Jefe (talk) 02:35, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
- Why on earth would you change the word "course" to "track"? Either word is fine. Increasingly, when I look at your edits, it's ultra trivial stuff like that. Stuff that's fine EITHER way. If you're going to make an edit, make it worthwhile. Stop wasting your time and mine. --Jefe (talk) 15:49, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
BEFORE changing a major template that is used on practically every page on the wiki it must be DISCUSSED. If it is decided to change it (and I'm not saying it's a bad idea necessarily) then a bot can be used instead of one user attempting to manually change it on hundreds of pages - which also leaves a bunch of ugly things we mods have to patrol. -Jefe (talk) 02:08, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
- I'm giving him permission to continue. The only useful thing a bot could do in this situation is autopatrol anyway. --Torran (talk) 02:23, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
- I'm posting a discussion on the rules page regarding this issue. For now, that's one vote from you to make this change (which maczkopeti did not attempt to discuss.) Thus the ban to stop the edits. Maczkopeti: DO NOT continue making this change until discussion is finished.--Jefe (talk) 02:30, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
Please, before making a bunch of those edits, please discuss them. Most edits you have made recently are not needed at all and will be reverted where needed. Each template makes an automatic — when a field is left empty and that works fine. Filling in N/A makes things only inconsistend and it is not needed in the first place. You seem to be ignoring this whole discussion, please remember this the next time before wasting my time again. --kHacker35000vr (talk) 18:38, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
Creating a user page?
Ever considered making a CT?
You seem to know a lot about fixing custom tracks and helping people resolve problems that not many people would know how to fix. Do you ever plan on creating a Custom Track? It'd seem that you would make a very good one if you ever did. --Quajeek99 (a.k.a. ezioma3) (talk) 12:47, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
I agree with Quajeek99. You are the most active user here on wiki. I think you have a very big potential to help other ct creators with there tracks who need help.--Snake (talk) 16:32, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
The translated names for this track:
Why you deleted that? And no, it's not self-explanatory, why not just give me the reason for that, which I asked you before. In the template it is still there, so it should be also there. Why Tock not delted it when it's wrong? He just deleted the "as they appear in CTGP Revolution:" See here It's not like that I added on some many pages that thing and now it's for nothing :(. --Horsti12 (talk) 12:31, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
- I'm aware that Tock didn't remove the "The translated names for this track" bit but i still think it's useless as it's already stated in the section name (Names in Other Languages) and the table name (Translations).
- Also, what template is it part of? Cause i didn't see it in Template:Custom-Track nor Template:Language-Info.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 13:01, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
Why do you have returned a sentence that I wrote? Was added to the AC/Translation because I had to be translated for the language that you did not write to MKWii Network Protocol/Server/Translation --AC (talk) 12:52, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
- I'm gonna add those languages to MKWii Network Protocol/Server/Translation.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 12:55, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
A technical question:Are you able to edit this: Template:Main-news
SpyKid's CT Pack
Are you working on the Update? No, but I'm working on the update. The update is almost done, so I can tell you that I will finish the pack today and than SpyKid only have to update tracks and other stuff and then it's ready to release. He not longer need help with the XML, because I created the XML and the other things for him and I have good contact to SpyKid, so he said that I can change the page. --Horsti12 (talk) 12:33, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
- Both of you have right.
- @Horsti: For clearness it is always good to write a little "Summary".
- -- Wiimm (talk) 12:52, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Don't delete track pages if the download doesn't conform to our guidelines, that's overkill. Instead remove the download and leave the user a message explaining the rule. --Jefe (talk) 04:33, 24 March 2015 (UTC)
Sand Speedway 2
First an example. Nintendo makes many wrong translations. A popular example is "Wii U-Spiele" (Wii U games): It means "a U-game for the Wii". Correct german is "Wii-U-Spiel".
"Mario Kart-Welt" means similar "Mario ( Kart-Welt )" == "Mario Kartwelt" (a kart world for Mario). But it's not German, because in German nouns are concatenated or separated by minus; except proper names. So either "Mario-Kart-Welt" or "Marios Kart-Welt" is correct. Why should we not fix typographical (and ugly) errors made by Nintendo?
Same for "Cheep-Cheep-Bucht".
- I think we should make our translations the closest to Nintendo translations, even if they're wrong.
- "Wii U games" is translated to "Wii U-Spiele" probably because "Wii U" is a foreign title that shouldn't be translated. For example, in Russian it's "игры для Wii U". Notice how "Wii U" isn't written in Cyrillic like the rest. Same applies for Mario Kart Stadium.
- However, for Cheep Cheep Lagoon, Nintendo actually did fix that error in Cheep Cheep Beach, but we still shouldn't change it in Cheep Cheep Lagoon as that would mean changing the official translation.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 07:58, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
- Russian is irrelevant for German translations. In German the rule is, that space separated proper names like "Wii U" are tied together with a minus if the are tied with an other word. Popular example: "Albert-Einstein-Straße". So "Wii U-Spiel" is definitely a spelling error, and "Cheep Cheep-Beach" too. In germany we call it Deppen-Leerzeichen (depp = fool). There websites joking about these (funny) translations (example). The MKW-Fun translation already override these foolish translations by Nintendo.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 08:19, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
- I agree Wiimm and I smile often if I see a Deppen-Leerzeichen or Deppen-Apostroph.
- I want good translations because I used the german settings of MKW-Fun. And why not be better than Nintendo in this point.
- @Maczkopeti: Are you german native speaker? I saw, that you edit so many translations of many languages and I hope, that you know what you do and not simply using any online translator. Good native speakers are almost better in translations.
- -- Hanno (talk) 09:22, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
- Nintendo's translations aren't always that great, I've said this to you in the past. Just because it's "official" doesn't mean it doesn't sound silly to a native speaker of the language. Don't model your translations on their mistakes, and leave translations to native speakers.--Jefe (talk) 21:16, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
- No I don't need help. My german skills are fine. Don't offend me please. Nintendo translates like this too. And the game, why isn't it called "Mario-Kart-Wii" in german then? EDIT: Nintendo translates their tracks like this because some translations would sound like... crap, yeah here's an example. "Maple Treeway". "Ahorn Baumweg"?? Now that just sounds stupid. --Buschkling (talk) 00:17, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Warum müssen englische Wörter eigentlich in den Übersetzungen wortwörtlich übersetzt werden? Stell dir vor ich mache eine Strecke die "Abschlabbermonster" heißt. Das kann man auch nicht übersetzen weil das ein Name ist und dafür es keine Übersetzung gibt. Dasselbe ist es mit "Cheep" das Wort wirst du in keinen Duden finden.--Buschkling (talk) 00:19, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Also, I found this on wikipedia. It may be true that "Wii U" should be spelled "Wii-U" (or "Mario Kart" spelled "Mario-Kart"), but it is an own name, a title, by Nintendo, and there's an exception for that if it is a title. With this exception, the translations should be "Mario Kart-Welt" and "Cheep Cheep-Bucht" --Buschkling (talk) 00:47, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Buschkling: Why did you change "Mario-Kart-World" back to ""Mario Kart-World"? We had an consensus of all german speakers here and after hours of silence Wiimm changed it to "Mario-Kart-World". Then you post some arguments and edit it back without waiting for any reaction and override the action of the Wiki leader (Wiimm, sorry Tock).
- Let us analyse your arguments:
- "Nintendo translates like this too" : Already declared as irrelevant for spelling errors, see above. However Nintendo learned and use the dashes in newer translations. Why not be intelligent and doing the same?
- why isn't it called "Mario-Kart-Wii" : A proper and registered Name and not a composed word. So also offtopic here.
- "Maple Treeway". "Ahorn Baumweg" and Warum müssen englische Wörter eigentlich in den Übersetzungen wortwörtlich übersetzt werden? : Has nothing to do with this spelling discussion. Its a decision between translation and (some times funny) transcription. Offtopic here.
- Abweichungen bei Eigennamen : They talk about official names of institutes and universities. And the last sentence says, that e.g. news letters use tied or dashed names. And were are not Nintendo, but a publishing community.
- Overall I can't find any argument pro "Mario Kart-Welt" in all your arguments. So Wiimm should change it back (I won't start an edit war).
- -- Hanno (talk) 10:28, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
"(2) Die Schreibung mit Bindestrich bei Fremdwörtern (zum Beispiel bei 7-Bit-Code, Stand-by-System) folgt den für das Deutsche geltenden Regeln. Die Schreibung mit Bindestrich bei Eigennamen entspricht nicht immer den folgenden Regeln, so dass nur allgemeine Hinweise gegeben werden können. Zusammensetzungen aus Eigennamen und Substantiv zur Benennung von Schulen, Universitäten, Betrieben, Firmen und ähnlichen Institutionen werden so geschrieben, wie sie amtlich festgelegt sind. In Zweifelsfällen sollte man nach § 46 bis § 52 schreiben. Steht ein Bindestrich am Zeilenende, so gilt er zugleich als Trennungsstrich.", http://rechtschreibrat.ids-mannheim.de/download/regeln2006.pdf - Seite 45
Hanno: "They talk about official names of institutes and universities". Mario Kart is also an official name, I think video games count too. The name is copyrighted by Nintendo.
And Wiimm, why did you link me the page "Deppenleerzeichen.info"? It's a non-saying page with only some pictures of obvious wrong spelled words. There are no info. Are you trying to tell me "Mario Kart" has a Deppenleerzeichen? No, I pay attention when I make translations and don't make this silly mistake.--Buschkling (talk) 15:14, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- I can find 3 logical faults in your cited text and your conclusions:
- The paragraph speaks about official institute names like "Heinrich Heine Universität"; it is written without dash.
- "Mario Kart" is not only not an official institute. It's simply a registered name of a company.
- We don't discuss "Mario Kart" here, we discus the composed "Mario-Kart-Welt" (like "Albert Einstein" and "Alber-Einstein-Straße").
- Summary: The cited text describes the only exceptions for the dash-rule and "Mario-Kart-Welt" is far away from this exception.
- Deppenleerzeichen.info shows misspelled words that leads to a total different sense. And they make funny about it.
- Wiimm (talk) 17:53, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- 4.) If the rule would be applicable, then "Mario Kart Welt" would be the correct notation. Sorry Buschkling, but you have totally misinterpreted the paragraph. The only usable statement of it is: "Use always the dash; except for official schools/institute names.". The only vague statement may be the first sentence.
- -- Hanno (talk) 18:12, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- And again: Why not translate in good and correct german? Same question for other languages. I have no problem, if a a translation is not done word by word, but the spelling must be correct and the translations must be comparable for all languages. And if a part of the the name is a proper name and not translatable name (like "Bayside" in "Bayside Boulevard"), it must be called in the translation section.
- Hanno (talk) 18:19, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
GBA Bowser Castle 2 Edit War
Could you please stop undoing my revisions? I created this track myself, so how do you want to tell me it's a port and not a remake? Do you think I don't know this as the creator of the track? The track is based on the DS version, by means of using it's textures etc, but it isn't a port. --MrKoeikoei (talk) 15:03, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
- I exported the DS model with MKDS Course Modifier, imported it with CTools at 15000 scale, and guess what? The model matched! Tell me how it's not a port.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 15:10, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
I was not done
- Seriously, It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to make a page and your page has been unedited for four days. It's not my fault that you didn't make a backup.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 23:33, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
I saw that you translated some russin track names, so I guess that you can speak and write russian.
Would it be possible to translate the FULL mario kart wii game to russian?
It would be very nice. I'm trying to find people who help me with the complete MKW Language Project to feature soon more NEW languages.
I already created a google table (I can send you the link if you want) where the translators can simple change the translations.
It would be very great when you would help with the translations. Best wishes Horsti12™ DER Wolkenhändler Horsti12™ THE Clouddealer --Horsti12 (talk) 19:23, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
- Firstly, my Russian is only at beginner level, which is only enough for track name translations. Secondly, it's not actually possible to translate MKWii to Russian because the game lacks the Cyrillic characters. I only added Russian here because MK7 and 8 has it, and it's better if we already have some translations before MK7 or 8 custom tracks get popular.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 19:59, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
Daisy Garden translation
Okay, so instead of undoing your translations, I've come to talk with you.
How come you keep translating Daisy Gardens as "Jardín de Daisy"? That means Daisy's Garden, which is already a track. So why did you switch up the translations? Is there any reason I shouldn't change it back? I'm awaiting your answer.
- Since "DS Peach Gardens" is translated to "DS Jardín de Peach", We should translate "Daisy Gardens" to "Jardín de Daisy", sticking as close to the Nintendo translation as possible. Now, since "Jardín de Daisy" literally translates to "Daisy's Garden", and there's also a custom track with that name, that track should use the "Daisy Gardens" translation.
- Another example is "Bowser's Castle". In German, it is translated to "Bowser's Festung", which literally translates to "Bowser's Fortress". Coincidentally, there's also a custom track with that name, so the translation is "Bowser's Schloss", which literally translates to "Bowser's Castle".
- --maczkopeti (talk) 18:42, 31 May 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, I understand now. Thanks.
It's better to specify if a track is in v1.03.0000 or v1.03.1000, otherwise people will think that tracks like DKR Star City or Volcano Beach 3 are still in the latest version of CTGP. --Dance4life628 (talk) 14:29, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
- Firstly, you're linking to a page that doesn't exist. Secondly, if it has been part of CTGP-R v1.03 since the first release, we should only specify "v1.03".
- --maczkopeti (talk) 14:34, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Question Creator, Designer
- The designer is the one who gives the main track design and/or course model (like Nintendo in the case of retro tracks). The creator is the one who puts the track together.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 21:13, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
Okay, what's going on with your edit spree?! Why are you changing the circuit translations in Spanish for no reason? Circuits and Raceways don't have "de"s in Spanish! And I know this because I own Mario Kart 8 in NTSC Spanish. Can you stop?
- Mario Kart 8 in NTSC Spanish may not have "de" in the names, but Mario Kart Wii has, look here. We should stay as close to the original MKW translations as possible, even if the translations were changed later.
- Also, do not remove Template:Yes from the table, as it indicates official translations.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 06:27, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
Why making Template:Multi-column a little bit more complicated? It was designed for the main page and only the main page use it. So conditions about main page usage are not needed.
I think it would be good to add a slot section to the Misc-Info template, so that people can know which slot to use to get the custom track/character/etc to work in its best way. I told Zilla about it but he doesn't reply.
Do you have to been a member for 1 year to change your account name? If so, where can I see how long I have been a member. I don't remember when I created my account.
Wexos (talk) 18:07, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Your a Moderator. Help?
- User name change can only be done by bureaucrats. Wiimm can change it for you.
- As for becoming a moderator, see User talk:Tock#Admin.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 00:10, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
Unban me plz
You banned my IP address. My friend is spending the night and on my 2nd Computer I just found out he deleted the page but I showed him that he need to make a profile so delete his profile and unban the ip. I can't use 3G cause it's very slow and I am using it now plz unbanJax53000VR (talk) 22:32, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
please help me on Boardwalk Booster
this is really bugging me now, on my first track boardwalk booster the cpu seem to not be able to climb the first "ramp/hill" they go in circles or go off the edge, everything ive tried hasnt made it work, please take a look at the KMP and see if you or someone else can fix it.
--ImFromTheOtherOS 17:57 11 august 2015 (UTC)
- Groups 1 and 2 are not referenced by the ENPH. Just set Last1 to the previous group's index and Next1 to the next group's index for all groups.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 17:16, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
Sorry for the translations
I'm sorry ;-; I didn't know that the dutch translation of Ice Creek took 2 capitals. Also, i used Google Translate but, as you can see, they were highlighted in yellow, saying i wasn't sure. Thanks for the advice tho ! PurpleX 15:50, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
.nkm to .kmp
- I open the NKM in MKDS Course Modifier and copy the values into the KMP.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 22:14, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
About DS Bowser Castle
Hello. I know there are two DS Bowser Castle now. But did you make a new one with vertex colours? My Skype Account Name is mike.degen2 if you want like add me in Skype. Its maybe better to talk there as here. --Snake (talk) 13:29, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
- I haven't even started it yet. I might ask Ermelber or Yoshidude4 if I could use their model, as it seems pretty much finished. I'm currently working on DS Figure-8 Circuit.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 13:38, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
Deleting a page
Hi. Since you're a moderator, could you delete the page "SNES Bowser Castle 2 (Kingjt24)". I removed all the text and provided an explanation. It needs to be deleted due to a request from ChaosShadow23 for me not to continue with the project. Therefore the page now links to nothing and should be deleted. Thanks --Kingjt24 (talk) 06:38, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
- You should put [[Category:Delete]] on pages that you want to be deleted.
Wexos (talk) 06:44, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
I know the page is still unfinished, but the whole track list is still unknown. I asked Ugotowned so I'll wait for his reply to finish it. --Dance4life628 (talk) 16:55, 5 October 2015 (UTC)Dance4life628