Difference between revisions of "CTGP Revolution/Track Wishlist"
(→New Tracks that Need Fixes)
(→New Tracks that Need Fixes)
|Line 192:||Line 192:|
* [[Factory Course]]
* [[Factory Course]]
* [[GCN Dino Dino Jungle]] VERY glitchy atm, way too glitchy to include in the CTGPR
* [[GCN Dino Dino Jungle]] VERY glitchy atm, way too glitchy to include in the CTGPR
* [[Magma Island]] (camera freeze on 3rd opening)
* [[Magma Island]] (camera freeze on 3rd opening)
* [[Mini Parkway]]
* [[Mini Parkway]]
Revision as of 14:58, 17 August 2012
- 1 Track Wishlist
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 New Tracks
- 1.3 Existing Tracks
- 1.4 Custom Characters
This list will make it easier for Mr. Bean and other CT distributors to identify the latest custom tracks and versions of tracks that are worthy of being included in CTGP and other distributions. If a track has a major glitch, a fix from anyone would be greatly appreciated as long as the original creator of the track permits it. Tracks in this section should be removed after the tracks are added to CTGP-R. Any rejected or removed tracks should be listed in the Rejected Tracks section after a CTGP-R update, along with the reason it was rejected. This is so CT authors can identify and fix the problems with their tracks, and so the same tracks won't be re-suggested again unless they are improved. Beta tracks that have been released to the public can be considered for inclusion unless specifically prohibited by the track author.
Please use alphabetical order when adding to this page.
Newly released tracks since the last CTGP-R Update. No major glitches are known. Please indicate the desired slot and music in the "Notes" field. All tracks will be verified manually as the pack is assembled, and the status field will indicate progress. The decision to accept or reject a track lies solely on popular vote, and all tracks will be demonstrated on a live stream with at least 50 viewers to get opinions. Should a track be updated since the time of verification, please change the status field back to "Unreviewed", and the track will be redownloaded and redemonstrated (including any previously rejected tracks). Any notes that track authors need to be aware of will be inserted in the "Issues/Track Review" field, and please feel free to delete erroneous information.
|Track Name||Status||Notes||Track Review/Issues|
|3DS Rosalina's Ice World||Unreviewed|
|Abe Abbott Raceway||Accepted|
|Alpine Circuit||Accepted||(Download at Wiki Page)|
|Alpine Mountain||Accepted; see review||There is a shortcut that may not have been intended. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0VsQzbuYis|
|Ancient Ruins||Rejected||Ultra shortcut, faulty minimap, poor reviews when demonstrated to viewers.|
|Aquadrom Stage v2||Needs fixes||Download at Wiki Page - Should use Koopa Cape music slot.||Bullet bills fail on small passageway. May also not be wise to let people drive out of bounds near the start line.|
|Athletic Raceway RC1||Needs fixes||Download Link: ||No minimap.|
|Blue Loop||Accepted; see review||It may be worthwhile to add a fall boundary near the start line. A wall clip against the start line pole could result in a glitched shortcut.|
|Boo Circuit||Rejected||Nice concept, but definitely needs more things happening per lap. Unused KMP objects floating in midair.|
|Cannon City II||Rejected||Moonview music and slot recommed - Download||Rejected by popular demand, stream viewers gave a surprisingly low rating to the track. Cars hit people waiting on start line, some cars float in midair.|
|Citro's Wedding Altar v1.0||Unreviewed||Download at Wiki Page - Should use DS Peach Gardens Music Slot.|
|Cliff Village v1.5||Needs fixes||Download at Wiki Page - Should use Daisy Circuit music slot.||There were some bullet bill issues during testing.|
|Coral Cape v1.0||Needs fixes||Download at Wiki Page - Should use Koopa Cape music slot.||The minimap is out of place and cut off.|
|Crystal Dungeon||Accepted; see review||Download at Wiki Page - I think Maple Treeway music slot is good on it.||The bullet bill routes may have slight issues.|
|Darkness Temple||Needs fixes||Download:  - please use Dry Dry Ruins music slot.||The minimap is horrendously misplaced, and the item routes need work.|
|Delfino Circuit||Needs fixes||Download link: ||The minimap is cut off. Also, it may be possible to get out of bounds via a clip against a tree or similar.|
|Delfino Village||Needs fixes||(Download at Wiki page) Please use DS Delfino Square music slot.||The bullet routes need work, and the minimap is cut off.|
|DK Jungle Tour RC1.1||Needs fixes||New track with a completely different layout and model - To be called DK Jungle Tour 2||There are a lot of areas that theoretically should be classified as out of bounds but are still drivable. Some shortcuts may be a little overpowered, and there are issues with the bullet routes.|
|DKR Ancient Lake||Accepted|
|DK's Jungle Beach||Unreviewed||(Download at Wiki page)|
|DS DK Pass||Needs fixes||(Download at Wiki page)||There is an ultra shortcut, accessible if leap out of bounds at the large jump at the final corner.|
|Forsaken Mansion||Unreviewed||Download on Wiki Page - Should use SNES Ghost Valley 2 music slot.|
|GBA Boo Lake||Accepted||Should use SNES Ghost Valley 2's Music & Slot ID (Download at Wiki Page)|
|GBA Snow Land||Accepted; see review||Version 1.2, Uses N64 Sherbet Land's Music & DK's Snowboard Cross/DK Summit's Slot ID for Snow||Heavy multiplayer lag.|
|GCN Mushroom Bridge (by Torran)||Accepted||Needs to use the Moonview Highway slot and music|
|Green Park||Accepted; see review||GCN Mario Circuit music slot.||Some KMP objects are not solid/character cannot interact with them correctly.|
|Icestorm Peak||Needs fixes||RC1 Download:  should use DK's Snowboard Cross Music Slot||There is a problem with item routes. Also could maybe use more obstacles.|
|Jungle Island||Accepted||should use GCN Peach Beach's Music & Slot ID|
|Kirio's Raceway||Needs fixes||Maybe Luigi/Mario Circuit music slot will be good.||There is also a glitched shortcut where you can skip one of the loops by leaping over a wall, either causing a respawn error or getting back onto the track by leaping through culled road.|
|Lava Mushrooms||Unreviewed||Mushroom Gorge music slot (If possible).|
|Lava Road RC1.1||Unreviewed||[ENG]Created by FireLuigi [JPN]ラバロード 作成者:炎ルイージ|
|Lakeside Hill||Unreviewed||(Download at Wiki Page) Moo Moo Meadows Music Slot should be good.|
|Love Beach||Needs fixes||should use Daisy Circuit music slot.||Respawn error at the beginning of the race. Minimap needs work, and it might be worthwhile to add some more KMP objects to keep the races interesting.|
|Luigi's Valley RC1||Rejected||Download: ||Far too little going on. General negative response from stream viewers. The respawn point could also use work; or more respawn points added.|
|Lunar Spaceway||Accepted||Needs Rainbow Road slot and music|
|Majora's Castle||Rejected||There is no download for the latest version of this track, and apparently the author has lost the SZS file.|
|Misty Caveway||Rejected||Download at Wiki Page - needs Mushroom Gorge slot.||There is an ultra shortcut and respawn failures, and it gained generally negative response from stream viewers.|
|Moo Moo Island||Unreviewed||Google Sketchup Remake (download on Wiki Page)|
|Mountain Path||Unreviewed||From the preview video, it seems that there is a minimap issue.|
|Mushroom cliff||Unreviewed||Use Mushroom Gorge slot, Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?709zed9o8mv6zwr|
|Mushroom Fort||Needs fixes||Uses Mushroom Gorge's course slot. DS Twilight House's Music is requested. Download [RC1] ||The start line misses itself, and the minimap could use a bit of work.|
|N64 Toad's Turnpike RC2||Accepted||Needs Moonview Highway's slot and music|
|N64 Wario Stadium (by Captain Kwark)||Accepted||Should use N64 Mario Raceway's Music, In Mario Kart 64, This Track Used This Music|
|Over And Around V1.1||Rejected||http://www.mediafire.com/?kcdvad4bz0mvb1l Mushroom Gorge Slot||Clearly needs a lot of work. Definitely requires more polygons, falling into a black void does not look professional. KMP could also use more objects to keep things interesting.|
|Penguin Cave RC2||Unreviewed||Download:  - Uses the N64 Sherbet Land slot|
|Powerpuff Funpark||Unreviewed||Download at Wiki Page - DS Yoshi Falls music slot.|
|Rally Circuit||Rejected||Stream viewers rated track very poorly.|
|Rapid Street||Needs fixes||Sketchy texturing and minimap.|
|Red Loop||Accepted; see review||In the interest of preventing glitches, the first respawn point could be moved left slightly for additional security.|
|Road by Road||Rejected||Download: Rainbow Road music slot.||An interesting idea for a track, however it would benefit greatly from proper modelling and a few more polygons.|
|Seaside Resort v1||Accepted||Should use Koopa Cape slot|
|Seasonal Circuit||Accepted; see review||First respawn could be moved north a bit, just as insurance against glitches. The start line poles also count as drivable road for some reason.|
|Sherbet Ocean||Needs fixes||Download at Wiki Page - should use N64 Sherbet Land music slot||At least one respawn points in the wrong direction. The track is also slightly bland.|
|Shifting Sandland v2.2||Unreviewed||Download:  - fixes position bug|
|Sky Beach RC3.2a||Accepted||Daisy Circuit music slot, GCN DK Mountain's course slot (for the non-offroad grass to work properly)|
|SM64 Bob-Omb Battlefield||Needs fixes||Please use GCN Mario Circuit's Music, & GCN DK Mountain's Slot ID (Please ONLY Include V2 in the pack, V1 is terrible and should never be released!)||Potentially needs more going on. And the cannon angle is frightening!|
|SNES Bowser Castle 1 By (Memfis/Tock)||Accepted||GBA BC3 music slot.|
|SNES Bowser Castle 2 By (Memfis/Tock)||Accepted; see notes||GBA BC3 music slot.||Minimap is huge! Is the bullet shortcut intentional?|
|SNES Koopa Beach 1||Accepted||"Remake Beta2" Should have GCN Peach Beach's slot (for moving water to work properly).|
|Strobenz Desert||Needs fixes||(Download at Wiki page)||First respawn and/or key checkpoint needs changing.|
|Summer Island By Magma and FloMaster35000vr||Unreviewed||(Download at Wiki)|
|Sunshine Yard||Needs fixes||Download at Wiki Page - should use GCN Mario Circuit music slot||Minimap is slightly misplaced.|
|Swamp Course||Unreviewed||From the preview video, it looks like the track is far too short.|
|Tonic Trouble Plains||Rejected||Negative response from stream viewers. Definitely needs more KMP objects.|
|Troy Circuit||Rejected||It is possible to drive freely out of bounds, including near the start line (results in glitched shortcuts). Track also needs more to happen in it. Textures fail in places and getting stuck under the bouncy mushrooms, while not fatal, is tricky to resolve. Stream viewers also rated it poorly, probably because of its name.|
|Twilight Highway v1.0||Needs fixes||Download at Wiki Page - Should use Moonview Highway music slot.||Minimap needs work, and there are some item route issues.|
|Twinkle Circuit||Accepted||should use Galaxy Colosseum's music (Black screen in replays in v1.0)|
|Underwater Slide||Rejected||Uninteresting track layout, negative review from stream viewers.|
|Volcano Beach||Needs fixes||Please use Volcano Beach II, not Volcano Beach RC1. Koopa Cape music slot and DK Mountain track slot.||In the interest of glitch prevention, move Respawn 0 to the right slightly. It's also possible to glitch through the floor near the start line, though the method on how to do so is unclear (happened by mistake during review).|
|Water Temple||Needs fixes||Item routes! Also, minimap.|
|White Garden v1.0||Unreviewed||Download at Wiki Page. - Should use DS Peach Gardens Music Slot.||Minimap has now been corrected so the track is resubmitted as a candidate for the CTGPR update.|
New Tracks that Need Fixes
Tracks that would be nice to have in CTGP but aren't quite up to snuff yet. Usually these are beta versions. New tracks that have known bugs should be listed here.
- Bouncy Farm Ultra shortcut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4mBLcVPKos&feature=relmfu
- Bowser Land Too long and boring at the moment
- DS Luigi's Cookie Pinball it is alpha and incomplete.
- DS Test Circle - Too short and undeveloped.
- Ermelber Circuit 1
- Factory Course
- GCN Dino Dino Jungle VERY glitchy atm, way too glitchy to include in the CTGPR
- Iceway READY TO UPLOAD!
- Magma Island (camera freeze on 3rd opening)
- Mini Parkway
- Moo Moo Island
- Nokonoko Resort (kmp still in progress.)
- SNES Choco Island 1 It appears that this track has the "everyone in 1st place" glitch online after a lap is completed
- SNES Circle - Takes about 20 seconds to finish all three laps , would be spammed for easy & fast wins because the leader would have an advantage
Oldies but Goodies
Not new, but good tracks that were probably overlooked, or rejected tracks that were recently fixed.
- Alpha Desert Valley (Needs a minimap-fix)
- Chaotic Circle
- Daisy's Garden
- Darky Cliff
- Digitally Enhanced RC1.1 (cameras and routes fixed by Wiimm)
- DK Waterfall
- DS Dokan Course, a MKDS Beta course ported by MKDasher in 2010 (And is also the first offical course to use the SZS Modifier's OBJ Importer)
- Proxmia Road
- SNES Mario Circuit 2
- Stunny City
- The Hole Cave
- Mushroom Volcano
- New font: Crash Bandicoot (font) - Both a black/white and a colour version are available for inclusion
- New font: Rainbows
- New font: Ripple
- New font: Space Patrol
- Several new fonts in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lew_C-_aGA&feature=related
- Thp that shows four tracks when selecting a cup could be changed to be all black or all white, as seen in Darky Kart Wii. Preview: [] (Skip to 0:33)
- Not sure what its name is, but that font Benji made for Darky Kart Wii
- Could the 1st person camera system at least be considered for MKWii?
Track Bug Reports
Include the name of the track and describe the problem.
- 3DS Rosalina's Ice World has an ultra shortcut, video on page.
- Christmas Dream No minimap, respawn near mushroom section is badly placed, and an ultra shortcut, demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE0CIpn0rOI&feature=player_embedded
- You can also get permanently stuck on the last turn (before the steep slope), if you jump off the edge to try cutting the corner, and you land on top of the blue rock.
- Also, cutting off small corners causes you to go out of bounds. There should either be an invisible wall or at least a change in color to indicate the out of bounds area.
- If you use a bullet bill just before the mushroom path, you will fall off sometimes.
- Desert Mushroom Ruins Sadly it has the multiplayer underground camera bug and the trick ramps are very glitchy
- DS Nokonoko Beach
- Problems with CPU and item routes, using a Bullet Bill here is disastrous!
- Sometimes when you fall off you get respawned in random places and then laps don't count.
- Random freezes in VS Mode, caused by faulty itembox settings.
- Overall, the KMP was done very poorly.
- DS Wario Stadium Unsolid faces that should be a solid fall or invisible walls. (After first jump)
- GBA Cheep Cheep Island Respawn Glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2kN5b5P0ZM
- GCN Daisy Cruiser Lap doesn't count sometimes.
- Ultra shorcut. When you pass the moving table zone, go to the cannon fall, go to the left and pass inside the wall and the fence (stop the video in 0:59)  When you pass, remains close to the wall and go to the other wall. When you arrive, turn to the door you can see at your right. The lap counts, to do the Ultrashorcut other time, go another time to the moving tables zone, when lakitu stop, do it other time.
- GCN Rainbow Road Apparently the ultra is still there when you turn around after the first jump and people are doing it on CTWWs
- Green Grassroad Ultra shortcut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qzFYCJfnl4&feature=g-u-u
- Icy Mountains If you get hit by lightning on the trick ramp and fall, you do not die and are forced to make your own way back up to the track.
- Icy Vulcan Valley Ultra Shortcut - demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHsS3Zgi7Y
- Lavaflow Volcano Glitch - you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYe2KmvxQfM&feature=plcp
- N64 Choco Mountain After 10 itemboxes, you can only get mushrooms, regardless of place.
- N64 Yoshi Valley Respawn Glitch - demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUtlkr5r2OU
- Pipe Underworld Ultra Shortcut on the cannon that leads you to the bouncing pipes. If you hit the side of the first pipe, you fall down and go into the pipe below, and the lap counts!
- Punch City The second ultra shortcut is still possible. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLhLklmheQ
- Punch City v2 Ultra Shortcut; demostrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMxPpcHBMnw
- Rocky Cliff Ultra shortcut where you shroom in between the rock and the wall so you can cut off half the track
- Space Road 3rd Camera Frezee
- Tree Circuit Ultra Shortcut - demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYGe_TIbyc
- Another Ultra. The first fence has a solidity glitch where if you boost you can go through it causing you to go through the fence skipping part of the track. Not known so far if there is a video demonstrating it
- Volcanic Skyway Version 3 has an ultra shortcut shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2JAv2fFL-Y
- Yoshi Lagoon Some vehicles (Quacker, most karts) can't clear the cannon on 100cc.
Tracks that currently have older versions in CTGP-R that have been since updated/fixed.
- Calidae Desert RC2.1 released!
- Faraway Land RC1.3 - Fixed Ultra SC and added other graphical updates. Now requires GBA Shy Guy Beach's slot (1F).
- GBA Lakeside Park RC0.63 is out
- GCN Bowser Castle Hopefully the final version of this track, named as V3. Added Vertex color, Rotating spikes over normal and _D version., less lag again in Multiplayer., Back to original texture, Much liter SZS.
- GCN Mushroom City RC1.2 Adds animation to the textures. Download: 
- Jungle Safari there is a Teknik Kart Wii version that adds some trees in some, well, inconvenient locations that might make the track a bit more interesting to race on.
- Kinoko Cave RC2. No KMP and KCL glitches anymore 
- Mushroom Valley RC1.5 Download: 
- N64 Rainbow Road - Lunar Edition - 1.1 Fixes bad respawn
- Punch City (RC2.1) Fixed ultra sc, added more random animation.
- Sandcastle Park RC1.2 - Download:  - fixes most bugs and added Animation
- Silly Circuit changed some textures and changed its name to Green Loop, as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXemka1vEZ8
- SNES Bowser Castle 3 Updated to look much nicer
- SNES Rainbow Road (DasFragezeichen/Tock) Position bug fix
- Snowy Circuit V1.RC3 optimized KMP, new KCL and specially model for split screen (by AndyK)
- Sparkly Road 1.1 - Download:  - Added better Texture and some KMP/KCL- Fixes
- Sunset Ridge RC3 - Download:  - HP effect fixed! Don't use the _d version of RC3! You can combine the standard version of RC3 with the _d version of RC2.
- Tree Circuit Ultra shortcut fixed and fall boundary added, download: 
- Latest updates by Wiimm → mediafire folder
- Alpine Circuit (enemy routes)
- Digitally Enhanced complete new routes.
- DK Jungle Tour Fixes several KMP bugs and cutting across the grass near the finish line no longer causes a lap count fail Download: 
- Dry Coast v2 Nearly complete new KMP to remove several small bugs
- GBA Bowser Castle 4 complete new routes, respawn points fixed.
- GBA Mario Circuit (Smaller minimap)
- GBA Snow Land 1.3: Respawn bug removed, some more items
- Helado Mountain v1.1: Bug fix for Bullet Bill.
- Luigis Island Some minor item route fixes.
- N64 Banshee Boardwalk v1.1 (enemy+item routes, clean up)
- Rezway V1.2 (the old one) (check points fixed)
- SADX Twinkle Circuit v1.1: more respawn points (watch out the green fun version).
- SNES Bowser Castle 2 minor route edits, some objects reduced to minimize lagging
- Snowy Circuit 2 v2.2 (ultra short cut removed)
- Strobenz Desert v1.2 (complete new KMP, respawn short cut gone)
- Thwomp Factory v2 (routes and clean up)
- Thunder City v1.2: new item routes to improve online gaming
- Unnamed Valley (item routes)
Existing Tracks: Music/Slot Requests
- F-Zero White Land I DK Summit's music. In this recent video (at 41:00) MrBean and Chadderz are playing v1 of the level. V1 should not be in any version of CTGP but has appeared in a few CTWW videos. V2 is the latest version and was released before CTGP 1.01 and appears in most CTGP videos, so I don't know why some videos feature V1 and other V2. Here is a video of V2 for comparison. V2 features an enhanced model with buildings in the background, more vibrant textures, and KMP and KCL fixes.
- GCN Baby Park's Music should be changed to that of GCN Cookie Land, as they both have similar themes.
- GCN Luigi Circuit It needs GCN Mario Circuit's music - in MKDD they both used that same song
Rejected tracks from previous CTGP-R releases
- Chalky has a fixed version that fixes this character: Σ
- Include Icons
- Include all needed files, for every Bike/Kart/etc.
- It must be animated
New Custom Characters
- Black Mage By Slawter - Full animations, CSS and minimap icons, uses Luigi's slot
- Goomba By DJLowgey - Full set with Animations, uses Dry Bones' Voice & Slot
- Hammer Bro by DJLowgey - Full set & Fully animated, must replace use Bowser Jr's slot/Koopa's Voice
- Petey Piranha - By DJ Lowgey, must replace any large character
- Pianta By DJLowgey - Replaces any Large Character
- Sonic The Hedgehog - Uses Daisy's Stats & Large Mii's voice (If not possible just replace any available medium character)
- Tuxie (Lost Penguin from SM64) by DJLowgey - Full set, animated, uses Baby Daisy's Voice & Slot