|Date of latest version:||2021-01-09|
|Editors used:||3ds Max, BrawlBox, BREFF Editor, CTools, KMP Cloud, Lorenzi's KMP Editor, Paint.NET, Post-Effect Editor, RoadKill, SketchUp, SZS Modifier, Wiimms SZS Tools|
Lava Lake is a custom track created by JorisMKW. The track takes place on the last habitable parts in a volcanic lake of lava surrounded by a shady wasteland. There are several shortcuts on the track placed in such a way that if you take one, you can't take several others. The author created this track with the intention to be easy to follow, fun to drive, and difficult to master.
Some notes on track design
- The author intentionally added a majority of the off-road shortcuts at the beginning of the track (like on DS Peach Gardens) to prevent luck-based races.
- The set of inside the volcano is intentionally placed after the biggest shortcut on the track so that if you take it, you miss an item box set.
- The in the shroomless shortcut has "spin out" collision on the spiny sides left and right of the object, and invisible wall collision on the very bottom part of it. The author tried a lot of different collision types, as well as experimenting with the surface of the Thwomp, and this seems to be the best solution. Other combinations of collision and surface height resulted in the shortcut being inconsistent by shooting the player in random angles when touching certain parts of the Thwomp.
- The author put a lot of thought into how the track could be easy to follow for players that play the track for the first time. He added arrows on every turn and he made sure that all arrows were visible way before the concerned turn is reached by the player. There have been yellow ground arrows added on the three most "blind" parts of the track, and there are item box placements to send the player in the right direction on these blind parts. The road that falls in the pipe has active lava pillars after it falls to warn players that there is lava there.
- Sniki, for retexturing the Thwomp object, helping with the shadow map and helping with the BREFT edits.
- Sucht93a, for helping with the custom falling road and the lava river collision.
- Riidefi, for helping with getting rid of the missing ground arrows.
- Shyga, for making the "Lava Lake" text on the billboards.
- Misha, for giving gameplay insight advice.
- Various CTGP track testers, for helping with finding the last couple of bugs.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|v1.1||2018-05-31|| Update by PhillyG:
|v2.3.mkd||2021-06-04|| Update by FJRoyet:
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- Bear Kart Wii (v1.1)
- CTGP Revolution (Details)
- Cuberluigi CT Pack (v1.1 and v2.2)
- Mario Kart Cris (Details)
- Mario Kart Fusion (Details)
- Mario Kart Infinite (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii Deluxe (v2.3.mkd)
- Mario Kart Wii Faraphel (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii: Battle Royale (Details)
- MKW Hack Pack (Details)
- Nitro CT Pack (v2.2)
- OptPack (Details)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun (Details)
- Zef's CT Pack (Details)
Names in Other Languages
|French:||Lac de Lave|
|Italian:||Lago di Lava|
|Spanish:||Lago de Lava|
Lava Lake – Desert Fort – Daisy's Palace (remake) – MP9 Snow Go – Autumn Forest – Desert Raceway – Birthday Party – Goomba Cave – Grassland Lake – The Nether – Sunset Rocks
Ghost Circuit – F-Zero Big Blue – Medieval Castlegrounds
Koopa Ruins – Hyrule Castle – Autumn Falls – Volcanic Stadium – Grassland Resort – Lunar Path – Night Moo Moo Meadows – Sunset Valley – Wario's Ice Mine – Night Wario's Gold Mine – Blue Castle
Handy's Garden – Christmas Garden – Green Circuit – Grassland Circuit – Night Toad's Factory – Starlight Castle – Midnight Gorge – Snowy Hills – Choco Summit – Night Desert
Night Beach – Snow Beach
YouTube Channel: JorisMKW
Twitch Channel: JorisMKW
Mario Kart Boards: JorisMKW