|Date of latest version:||2020-08-16|
|Editors used:||3ds Max, BrawlBox, BrawlCrate, BREFF Editor, CTools, KMP Cloud, Paint.NET, Post-Effect Editor, RoadKill, SketchUp, SZS Modifier, Wexos's Toolbox, Wiimms SZS Tools|
Desert Fort is a custom track created by JorisMKW. The track takes place around by a -inhabited fort which is strategically built in a lake located in the desert. The author tried to make the track appealing for all players, both beginners and experts. The track route is easy to follow, but players who know the track still have an advantage. This track contains many different routes and shortcuts. The author spent a lot of time balancing the routes in such a way that there is no fastest way to maneuver through the track in general. Which route is best to take depends on your position, your item, your skill of certain shortcuts, if there is likely to be a Lightning, if there are players around you, and other factors. This leads to fun and chaotic races where players have to do a lot of decision making. The author also nerfed most broken shortcuts from versions before v3.0, which has resulted in the track not being as shortcut reliant as it used to be.
There is a puzzle hidden somewhere in v3.0. You can use the solution to get character textures created by the author.
- Misha, for creating the chandelier and vase models.
- kHacker35000vr, for helping with many small problems during the creation of the track; most notably finding a fix of a crash the author could not find.
- Everyone who helped with testing early versions of the track and giving feedback.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|v1.1||2015-03-05||Fixed ramp texture.|
|v2.0.mkd||2018-01-15|| Update by FJRoyet:
|v3.0a.mkd||2020-09-05|| Update by FJRoyet:
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- Bear Kart Wii (v2.1)
- Boshi Kart GP (v1.2)
- CTGP Revolution (Details)
- CTGP Revolution Classic (v1.2)
- Cuberluigi CT Pack (Details)
- Drift Rebalance with CT (v3.0a)
- Hide and Seek Extreme Pack (v3.0a)
- Luma's CT Pack (v1.2)
- Mario Kart Cris (Details)
- Mario Kart Fusion (Details)
- Mario Kart Infinite (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii Deluxe (v3.0a.mkd)
- Mario Kart Wii Faraphel (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii: The Top 100 (Details)
- MiniGeek2000's Custom Track Pack (v2.1)
- MKW Hack Pack (Details)
- MKWii Ultra Shortcut CT Pack (Details)
- Nitro CT Pack (v1.2)
- OptPack (Details)
- OptPack Custom Track Pack (Details)
- s☆Ris CT Pack (Details)
- Variety Pack (Details)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun (Details)
- Yosh's Track Pack DX (Details)
- Zef's CT Pack (Details)
Names in Other Languages
- This is the author's favorite custom track.
- All paintings in the track are painted in real life by the author.
Lava Lake – Desert Fort – Daisy's Palace (remake) – MP9 Snow Go – Autumn Forest – Desert Raceway – Birthday Party – Goomba Cave – Grassland Lake – The Nether – Sunset Rocks
Ghost Circuit – F-Zero Big Blue – Medieval Castlegrounds
Koopa Ruins – Hyrule Castle – Autumn Falls – Volcanic Stadium – Grassland Resort – Lunar Path – Night Moo Moo Meadows – Sunset Valley – Wario's Ice Mine – Night Wario's Gold Mine – Blue Castle
Handy's Garden – Christmas Garden – Green Circuit – Grassland Circuit – Night Toad's Factory – Starlight Castle – Midnight Gorge – Snowy Hills – Choco Summit – Night Desert
Night Beach – Snow Beach
YouTube Channel: JorisMKW
Twitch Channel: JorisMKW
Mario Kart Boards: JorisMKW