The Plain of Atlantis
|Date of latest version:||2020-02-04|
|Editors used:||BrawlBox, Cinema4D, KMP Cloud, Photoshop CC, Wiimms SZS Tools|
The Plain of Atlantis is Jiyuu's seventh custom track. The author wanted to create another fantasist track, inspired by the old myth of Atlantis. The track consists of two big parts (on the water and underwater), each divided into multiple sections. The first section consists of a garden on a lake. The player starts their race in front of a building, reminiscent of the Greek architecture. Then, the player has to drive along a building that lies on the top of a giant waterfall. From here, a cannon awaits the player who will be brought under the water. The second part of the track is underwater. Once the player exits the cannon, they have to drive through narrow streets with many hanged lights. They will enter a big valley with a flooded city in its end. As they follow the road, a spiral drives the player into the rocks. The inner part of the rock consists of a long path in an icy cave. Inside it, the player will encounter many crystals, and a special rotating crystal in the middle of a big room. To exit the area, the player has to take a cannon that will bring them back to the surface. However, the race isn't complete yet, as the next section consists of a road on the top of the water. The player will encounter flowers, fountains, islands with trees, many houses, and mysterious towers. The final important section of the track is the beach. After that, the player will finally take a last turn with many boosts before finishing their race.
- Riidefi, for various advice on optimization and debugging.
- Sniki, for wonderful explanations about custom mipmaps.
- Tock, for helping with the intro cameras.
- Wiimm and Leseratte, for enabling items if playing online.
Usage of LEX file (course.lex) since v1.1
v1.0 of this track has an issue: if playing online, items can only be used in a small part of the track. The reason is that the online protocol only supports positions for items in the range of ±131071, but this track uses much larger values for Y and Z coordinates.
Another change is the cannon speed. It is increased by factor 4 by LEX section CANN.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|2018-09-22||Start of development|
|v1.1||2020-02-04||Update by Wiimm:
See description above for LEX details.
|v1.1.mkd||2023-01-16||Update by FJRoyet:
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- Cuberluigi CT Pack (Details)
- Elemental's Track Pack (Details)
- Flounder's Megamix (Details)
- Insane Kart Wii (Details)
- Luminous CT Pack (Details)
- Mario Kart Cris (Details)
- Mario Kart Fusion (Details)
- Mario Kart Overdrive (Details)
- Mario Kart Virtual Night (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii Deluxe (v1.1.mkd)
- Mario Kart Wii Faraphel (Details)
- Mario Kart Wii: Battle Royale (v1.1)
- Mario Kart Z (Details)
- MKW Hack Pack (Details)
- Nitro CT Pack (Details)
- OptPack (Details)
- s☆Ris CT Pack (Details)
- SitBar Kart Wii (Details)
- Skill Issue Pack (Details)
- Variety Pack (Details)
- Wheel Kart Wii (Details)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun (Details)
- Xenøn's HNS CT Collection (Details)
Names in Other Languages
|Dutch:||De Vlakte van Atlantis|
|French:||La Plaine de l'Atlantide|
|Italian:||Piana di Atlantide|
|Spanish:||Prado de Atlantis|
|Greek:||Η Πεδιάδα της Ατλαντίδας|
The author implemented many secrets and questions inside the track, and challenges the players to find them all.