Skill Issue Pack
|Date of latest version:
|Skill Issue Pack
Skill Issue Pack is a custom track distribution created by Melg and Raptor. It is focused on custom tracks that are very challenging to drive and/or have weird geometry. The goal is to create a unique experience where navigating the track is the main obstacle. It contains 152 tracks.
This distribution comes with a host of features, the full list of which can be found below. Amongst the most important ones:
- The distribution comes with its own cup and slot expansion, allowing more than 32 tracks.
- Time Trials are split up in 4 subtypes: 150cc, 150cc with Feathers, 200cc, and 200cc with Feathers.
- The distribution has complete ghost support. Ghosts will save (up to 38 per track) on every track.
- The distribution comes with 150cc expert staff ghosts. Upon beating an expert, you earn a trophy. Other Time Trial subtypes experts to come in the future.
- Upon starting a race in all modes but Time Trials, the track name and its authors will be displayed until the countdown appears. Melg felt that there was a great lack of crediting when it comes to distributions and created this new screen element to remedy that.
- Outside-drifting vehicles' speed has been buffed by a small percentage. This was mainly done to counteract how difficult most of the tracks are for these vehicles.
- Karts can now perform ultra mini-turbos, which are longer than normal super mini-turbos, and appear purple. From the moment you release an ultra mini-turbo and until you run out of boost (from any source), all mini-turbos will speed you up more than normal mini-turbos.
- CTGP Revolution's 200cc replaces 100cc. The 100cc/150cc/Mirror Mode split is 10/65/25%. Moreover, all online BMG references to which engine class the next race will be in have been removed.
- The code features two new buttons on the VR screen. "Change Combo" functions very similarly to MrBean35000vr's Change Character/Vehicle In Between Races Online, but it has been recreated to work in friend rooms. "Randomize Combo" will pick your character and vehicle randomly.
- The host can select teams via a new button, and team VS mode has been changed to remove all team specific item behaviors; for example, Lightning will affect everyone and Blue Shells will target first place regardless of their team.
The complete source code is available here. Feel free to use it however you want provided you give proper crediting.
- Treeki, for their Kamek C++ and PowerPC Assembly code injection engine.
- Every coder mentioned in the table below along with kHacker35000vr, Seeky and stebler, for some documentation.
- Cotni, Silverr and Mikul, for their help in fixing some tracks.
- Brawlboxgaming, for helping with the title screen.
Currently no media
The track listing and a list of expert staff ghosts can be found here.
|Cup and Slot Expansion
|A proper cup expansion. It follows the same paradigm as CT-CODE, but adds proper arrows, meaning there are two additional cups on screen. In Time Trials, it is possible to randomize any track or specifically a track where the player has no trophy.
|Complete but basic ghost support. This comes with multi-ghost watching and racing. The ghosts will be saved on the SD (on console, using Riivolution's FAT library) or the NAND (Dolphin). This will not work on ISO play.
|Enhanced Watch Ghost Replay
|Clicking the "Watch Replay" button on any ghost will behave as if you had live replay on, except you do not have to select the same combo as the ghost or do any sort of setup.
|A "Select Ghost" button was added to the ghost menu. It behaves like a toggle, and three ghosts can be selected that will be displayed along with the main ghost.
|Boot Directly into Wiimmfi
|A Riivolution setting that allows players to boot directly into the main Wiimmfi menu on the license of their choice.
|In-Game Settings Menu
|You can change your game settings by going into the options menu or by clicking the settings button on the main Wiimmfi menu or in a friend room.
|Change or Randomize Combo Between Races
|Two buttons have been added to the VR screen, which allow you to change or randomize your combo for the next race. This works in all online modes.
|In a friend room, the host has access to a new button that allows them to change teams as they see fit.
|A custom speedometer that adds Moving Terrain velocity to the engine speed, in order to provide a more accurate measurement of momentum. The km/h TPL file was made by Syara.
|CT Info Display
|Upon starting a race in all modes but Time Trials, the track name and its authors will be displayed until the countdown appears.
|MrBean35000vr, stebler, acaruso
|A recreation of CTGP Revolution's 200cc code. The code was adapted to replace 100cc.
|Karts can now charge a third mini-turbo stage after getting a super mini-turbo. These purple mini-turbos last longer, and as long as you are boosting, make all of your mini-turbos faster. They come with custom BREFF effects.
|Outside Drifting Vehicles Speed Buff
|A simple percantage buff to the speed of all outside drifting vehicles (3% for karts, 5% for outside-drifting bikes) in order to make them more competitive.
|Mega Thunder Clouds
|When a Thunder Cloud strikes you, you will have a Mega Mushroom effect rather than shrinking. The code is made by acaruso and the custom model is made by Atlas.
|The Blooper is replaced with the Feather, which lets you trick off the ground and jump high in the air. Additional features are included, such as disabling invisible walls and fast falling while in the air.
|BRSAR Entry Size Patch
|On the fly, BRSAR entry sizes are patched to the maximum, so that BRSTM files and sounds effects do not cut off mid-race.
|Load BRSTM Volume from BRSTM
|An improvement of MrBean35000vr's initial code, you can edit byte 0x3F of any BRSTMs from 0x0 to 0x7F (127 in hexadecimal, the maximum volume) to change its volume.
|Conditional BRSTM Channel Switch
|If a track has sound triggers that would require the BRSTM to have multiple channels, the game first checks if the currently playing BRSTM has enough channels, and if it does not, skips the channel switch.
|Track Music Speedup on Final Lap
|If the in-game setting is set to enabled, when you reach the final lap, the currently playing BRSTM will speed up over five seconds instead of switching to the fast lap _F version.
|Track Music Expander
|This code lets you apply different music for each track, by placing BRSTMs named "SLOT.brstm" and "SLOT_F.brstm" (where "SLOT" is the track slot in decimal, 0 to 151 in Skill Issue Pack). This was ported to C++ and adapted to the slot expansion.
|If the in-game setting is set to enabled, this increases the maximum distance from which you can see other players' names without the need to play on Battle Mode.
|An adaption of east's code. If the in-game setting is set to enabled, menu navigation will be much faster.
|Mii Heads On Minimap
|If the in-game setting is set to enabled, character icons are replaced by Mii heads on the minimap.
|Remove Team Invulnerability
|Team VS mode has been changed to remove all team specific item behaviors; for example, Lightning will affect everyone and Blue Shells will target first place regardless of their team.
|Show Everyone's Times After Race
|Shows everyone's completion times in VS races (both online and offline) and in Worldwide races.
|Fix Slot-Related Crashes
|Fixes Moonview Highway, N64 Sherbet Land and GBA Shy Guy Beach specific crashes, so that these slots can now be used without their conditions being met.
|You will never disconnect from being idle.
|The same track cannot be picked for 16 races.
|Unlock Everything Without Save
|This code gives you the effects of having everything unlocked even though you have not fulfilled the requirements to unlock all. You can still unlock karts/bikes.
|Remove Worldwide Button
|The Worldwide button on the main Wiimmfi menu has been removed.
|Mario Kart Channel Button Sends to Riivolution
|Kazuki, Vega, Brawlboxgaming
|The Mario Kart Channel button will now send you back to Riivolution. This code was ported to C++ and improved by Brawlboxgaming to include fallbacks: in case the Riivolution launch fails, the game will launch the Homebrew Channel, and if that also fails, the Wii Menu.
|Custom Exception Handler
|When an exception occurs, exception information will be displayed. This was ported to C++ and slightly modified for the purposes of this distribution. In the future, it is planned to save a file that contains exception information.
|Custom Server Support
|Support to play on a custom Mario Kart Wii server has been added as a replacement to Nintendo WFC. It comes with a custom region so that Regional/Continental races work.
|Date of release
|Fixed a badly ported address for NTSC-J.