Evening Harbor is a custom track made by Jiyuu. It was initially the author's first track, but texture issues and other problems delayed the release by one month. The track is globally divided into five sections: The first one consists of a small garden with trees that leads to the village. The second section is the village itself, with some shops, a statue of Princess Daisy and some Piantas; there is also a shortcut that goes through the buildings. The third section is the cargo section — as the bridge is under construction, you have to make a detour to continue the race. The fourth section consists of a cavern that will bring the player up into the mountains, then back to the plains by driving on the road of the mountain. Finally, a path in the plains brings the player back to the garden.
- RusoX and Eleking for their suggestions.
- Luke Chandler for helping with the cars' routes.
This track will only work properly on slots 3.1 and 7.1 because of the object pylon01.
The town section of the track. You can notice the new mushroom sign before entering the shortcut.
The last section of the track with the island far away.
|| Date of release
|| Concept done, start of development.
|| Private release, track is very glitchy.
|| Track is mainly finished but there are some texture issues.
|| First release
- Fixed a wall and containers with misplaced textures.
- Changed the texture of the road after the cave section.
- Changed the texture of the windows to a more transparent one.
- Added some torches in the cave section.
- Added multiple invisible walls to prevent collision glitches.
- Added palm tree sprites on the island to make it more realistic.
- Added a "mushroom sign" before the shortcut in the town.
- Added a secret area.
- Added a secret cannon that brings the player to the island.
- Lowered the finish line flag.
- Positioned the start line a bit back.
- Minor KCL changes.
- Rebuilt the KCL.
- Re-encoded the textures to lighten the course model.
- Added mipmaps.
- Fixed moiré pattern.
- Fixed some texture misplacements.
- Added a couple of new respawn points and fixed the unfair old ones.
- Added some checkpoints.
- Added an item route for the shortcut in the town.
- Massive object cleaning in the KMP.
- Added multiple arrows.
- Added boost pads and Chain Chomps at the last section of the track.
- Added Monty Moles in the plain section.
- Changed the texture of the mountain road.
- Removed the cannon from the island.
|| Update by ANoob and Jiyuu:
- Added multiple item routes and adjusted existing routes.
- Adjusted checkpoints.
- Added a respawn point.
- Improved cameras.
- Fixed 3 upside down textures.
- Other minor texture adjustements.
- Added a bridge at the beginning.
- Added many fences all the track long.
- Added torches' surface color on the walls in the cave.
- All textures are now flipped correctely.
- Replaced the Chain Chomps with Coconut Mall's cars.
- Removed duplicated textures.
- Removed some objects in the KMP.
- Major KCL changes.
- Brighter textures.
- Other visual and gameplay improvements.
- Adjusted item routes.
- Visual corrections.
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
Names in Other Languages
||Port du soir
||Puerto al Atardecer
- Known as Evening Harbour
in Europe and Australia
By the same author: Jiyuu