- 1 Settings
- 2 parasol
- 3 KMP Modifier Image
- 4 Discussion about sub pages
- 5 Skyship
- 6 Should the Object table be sortable?
- 7 Coin.brres (0x73) In VS Mode?
- 8 Scale
- 9 WLscreenGC?
- 10 Psea and its long description
- 11 BREFT\BREFF files editing
- 12 eline_control
- 13 Coins
- 14 Penguin_s Ruins course_model
- 15 Layout of Settings
It seems, that many object settings must be shifted one column to the left. Example "moon view cars": The rout index is placed in the column "setting #1".
Can anyone with more experience fix it? (perhaps insert a route column or rename the column headers).
Wiimm 16:15, 9 September 2011 (CEST)
- See here → Filesystem/Race/Common.szs/ObjFlow.bin and my comment for the param field.
- If I have enough input I write a script that will edit this page as summary of the old content and of Filesystem/Race/Common.szs/ObjFlow.bin.
- Wiimm 20:24, 9 September 2011 (CEST)
- It's done. I have mixed the info of 3 sources:
- Old table
- KMP files of all tracks.
- Wiimm 17:26, 14 September 2011 (CEST)
- It's done. I have mixed the info of 3 sources:
Thanks for that update was able to place item with road like the BossHanachan - BossHanachanHead (first Settings box for them was "00000037" that for the route used (currently the route "1") this goes to the Hanachan. and moving Twromp.
Currently testing other setting , and the last one (generally 0000003F) control at what point to start on that road but not sure so i doing test on it right now =)
Baoulettes 18:29, 14 September 2011
- So that last parameter doesn't control the start point but that made my wiggler deleted if i change it to for exemple "00000099""00000055"00000022"
so I don't know how to change it and what setting this control i looking on it with some other value to see (like "0000001F")
Baoulettes 18:51, 14 September 2011
- That settings are already decoded, it controlls when it gets placed (tt, 2 players, online) only itembox is not affected by it.
- kHacker35000vr 19:01, 14 September 2011 (CEST)
What causes an object to appear or disappear in specific areas? Is it a setting in the AREAs or is it something in the object itself? I had a koopaFirebar that appears at an extremely close range, and in BigBox, a pipe appears when you get close to it.
Guilmon35249vr 01:47, 15 September 2011 (CEST)
- I think it has to do with memory, not all objects are being loaded to prevent lag.
- Tonight I'll look at the object ids, maybe it has something to do with them.
- kHacker35000vr 10:37, 15 September 2011 (CEST)
@KHacker35000vr because WLwallGC
Are you sure, that the timing is based on 1/600 sec and not on the usual 1/60 sec?
Wiimm 10:03, 18 December 2011 (CET)
- I think that I have made a calculation mistake, I have looked at it and it's just the 1/60 sec
- kHacker35000vr 10:39, 18 December 2011 (CET)
What does setting 1 mean: "closed at beginning"? Which value close it? And what is "beginning"?
Wiimm 22:19, 29 October 2011 (CEST)
- That means that the parasol is closed since beginning...not when you touched it. The beginning is when the race starts.
- LuigiM 23:32, 29 October 2011 (CEST)
KMP Modifier Image
I have edited the image. It's now smaller because I have removed some not needed space. Resolution is still the same.
Wiimm 16:50, 15 November 2011 (CET)
Discussion about sub pages
I noticed, that KHacker35000vr creates sub pages, divided into groups by numerical order. In my mind it would be better to divide it into logical groups like: Sounds, Animals, Trees, Plants, Signs, ... and whatever. The reason is very clear: If a user search an object, he search perhaps a tree and will get an overview about all trees. Ids are only needed to specify the object.
Wiimm 17:55, 16 November 2011 (CET)
- I have thought about that but decided not to do because every group could have only a few objects. You can also make the groups link to every explaination on the numeric pages. But it doesn't matter if they get grouped later, now it's better to finish this first.
- kHacker35000vr 21:48, 16 November 2011 (CET)
- I ask again because of the new style: Does it make sense to have sub pages for objects with nearly the same info? Only the main description is longer and more detailed, but can be included in the main object page.
- My Idea:
- As long the description is relative small, put in in the main page.
- If an object has a long info or perhaps data tables or other media, create a subpage named "Object/NAME" and put the additional info here.
- Wiimm 10:21, 27 December 2011 (CET)
- I have migrated the infos of the first sub page into the main page. And now the subpage doesn't provide any additional info.
- Wiimm 10:33, 27 December 2011 (CET)
- Is there a really need for the sub pages now? In my opinion all info can go into the main page. See the first objects as example.
- Wiimm 11:49, 15 January 2012 (CET)
- Most subpage objects are indeed not needed, I also like the idea of Object/NAME for objects with a bunch of information.
- kHacker35000vr 11:57, 15 January 2012 (CET)
Skyship Is the first setting really the start point route? I tested two skyships on the same route but with edditng Setting 1 they were at the same point.
LuigiM 15:34, 29 November 2011 (CET)
Should the Object table be sortable?
I think the object table should be sortable for finding a special object by name...what do you think? Please answer.
LuigiM 19:23, 30 November 2011 (CET)
- Because of multi columns/rows sorting does not work. Also I plan a 2 line layout for each object to make the columns wider. But do you know this: http://szs.wiimm.de/cgi/mkw/object
- Wiimm 19:47, 30 November 2011 (CET)
- No I didn't know that.
- LuigiM 20:12, 30 November 2011 (CET)
Coin.brres (0x73) In VS Mode?
Can Coin.brres (0x73) Appear in VS Mode? Or will the game crash when the Object is loaded/touched? I'd like to add to a course, but purely for decorational purposes only, and way out of reach. Can this object function in VS Mode? Or it it not appear in game? And what would happen if it was touched? -- SuperMario64DS, 06:37, 21 January 2012 (CET)
- Test it and add info. Wiimm 07:52, 21 January 2012 (CET)
- Simply put, the coin object only appears in battle mode. However, the pile_coin object seems to work fine in both VS Mode and Time Trials as far as Dolphin is concerned. Observations in Dolphin: it doesn't seem to animate and touching it simply produces sparks. I wonder if the behavior would change if the course was using a battle course slot. Eh, who knows? Anyways, I guess it could work as decoration in your case. --Torran 09:47, 21 January 2012 (CET)
Just wondering, is it possible to set one of the scaling values to zero to get a flat object, or would that cause weird glitches? I need that because I want to make a moving sidewalk as they can be found on airports using the escalator from Coconut Mall. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 09:28, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- Setting the scale to 0 will cause all points to have the same x, y or z. So if you use yscale=0 on the escalator it will work. --kHacker35000vr (talk) 09:46, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
Psea and its long description
I think, this is already a large page. So I want to move extended descriptions into an own page, for example to Object/Psea.
- Seems a good idea, considering that emerged from researches about this complex object. -- Omonimo747 (talk) 19:51, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
BREFT\BREFF files editing
I'm working for a beach-set track (including also the object Psea), so I'm going to add some ships like
This object however in its breft\breff files has animation for a water orange wake (see picture), which causes beauty flaws with the water of Psea, because the water goes up and down, but the wake has a fixed position. Using BrawlBox I tried to delete this animation but in game any animation (spurts and smoke) is shown, which though I want to keep.
There's any other way to edit these files? -- Omonimo747 (talk) 17:57, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- You can edit the BREFF with BrawlBox. Just look for the Particle Parameters inside the entries.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 19:53, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
I was messing around with the KMP in DS Bowser Castle, trying to make the enemy routes better. I tested . I thaught the object position was a trigger, but it isn't. The position doesn't do anything, it does NOT tell the game when to activate it. The object just tells the game what enemy route(s) it should take. I think this should be added to the table but I don't know how I should write it.
Wexos (talk) 14:36, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
Coins is more complex than thought. Example GBA Battle Course 3: 50 coins with index 0..49 plus 54 with index -1. At the beginning about 32 coins are available, and at the end about 60. There are no settings for timing or coin limits. Maybe, the coin handling is slot dependent. I tested at slot 1.1.
- Now I got it!!
- I created a battle, where no cpu driver can catch a coin. That make counting much easier.
- It is the relation between the number of start coins and respawn points. I also understand, how the old theses arose. In the next days I'll make some more tests to find out the mathematics behind the scenes.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 22:10, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
Penguin_s Ruins course_model
My course model was working fine until I added the penguin_s object, it gives my course_model constantly changing lighting and I can't find why. I'm using Moo Moo Meadows and my penguin_m model works fine on it. If someone could please help me find out why this is happening I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Layout of Settings
At the moment the settings are printed as single with with the result of small columns. An alternative is, to print the settings in 2 rows with 4 settings each. What do you think?