SuperMario64DS is a member of the Mario Kart Wii hacking community whom often attempted to create a wide variety of unique ports, as well as original tracks from time to time.
In March 2011, I signed up for an old Mario Kart forum (then considered the 'hub' for custom tracks). At the time, the release of CTools was literally days away and Custom Mario Kart had just opened - I had arrived at the most convenient time possible.
After several 'hiccups' of notable proportions, Jungle Island was finally released the very next year. I later went on to create much more sucessful tracks such as DS Shroom Ridge, and, most notably, GP Mario Beach.
My first custom track was Jungle Island, released on January 1st, 2012.
This is my only non-port custom track to date.
My second custom track was a of port Bob-omb Battlefield from Super Mario 64. Originally conceived as SM64DS Bob-omb Battlefield, it was first released on February 16th, 2012.
A remake was made in the July of 2012, changing the course's layout and name to SM64 Bob-omb Battlefield. Due to poor response, this course is no longer credited and has been disowned.
My third custom track, GBA Snow Land made in Google SketchUp.
My fourth custom track, DS Shroom Ridge, released on October 6th, 2012.
My fifth and most recent custom track, GP Mario Beach. The first port ever from from the Mario Kart GP series, as well as the first from a non-home console. It was done in collaboration with DJ Lowgey who supplied the model.
Released on December 31st, 2012.
Due to poor response, this is no longer credited.
- GP Mario Beach v2 - A finalized version of Mario Beach.
A track themed after Tropical Resort from Sonic Colours was also in progress, but was dropped in favour of GP Mario Beach. When I joined the community, I had wished to make a custom track out of Bianco Hills from Super Mario Sunshine - Development on such a project did begin, but did not continue. Similarly, several attempts to make a track out of Delfino Plaza also failed.
Additionally, a port of the character Blinky from Mario Kart Arcade GP had begun development and had been fully finalized. Unfortunately the files related to the character have been lost.
As for planned projects or ideas that made very little progress:
- DS Rainbow Road - A planned collaboration with Tock (with slight help from Gericom). Tock went onto post a concept video track, and no further development occurred.
- GP Mario Highway Scrapped due to the fact that GP Mario Beach nullified its purpose.
- GP Rainbow Coaster - A planned collaboration with DJ Lowgey, who unfortunately ceased all communication at the time.
- N64 Luigi Raceway - A collaboration with Captain Kwark, who vanished from the community without word. In development until ZillaSpaz released his version.
- GBA Yoshi Desert - Began development alongside GBA Snow Land, but didn't make much progress.
Thanks to all the wonderful people who helped along the way - You know who you are!