- 1 Cheese Land
- 2 Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
- 3 GBA Rainbow Road - DS Beta version
- 4 Copying
- 5 Help
- 6 GBA Rainbow Road
- 7 Creating SNES/GBA remakes
- 8 SNES Vanilla Lake 1
- 9 Reminder
- 10 Rating
- 11 Well... Sorry...
- 12 N64 Porting
- 13 German Translations
- 14 Sky?
- 15 Activity
- 16 Track Updates
- 17 Cumulus Cloud Cluster Cooperation
Sorry to bother you, but GBA Cheese Land has already been created by igorseabra4, although you could model hack the Goombas to make them look like the mice from the original track. ALPHAMARIOX November 2, 2011 3:31 (MST)
- No, I mean a new Cheese Land :), kinda like every Mario Kart had a new Mario Circuit! It will be a new one!
- NiAlBlack November 2, 2011 12:52 (MEZ)
Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
- Oh thanks, you already edited it, I just wanted to do that myself after I read this
- -- NiAlBlack 00:07, 10 September 2012 (CEST)
GBA Rainbow Road - DS Beta version
The video of GBA Rainbow Road DS Beta version it's private. Change privacy type in "Not Elencated", please.
--MikyJacksanne 18:56, 3 November 2012 (Europe, Italy)
You want release this MKDS CT? You uploaded an alpha version?
--MikyJacksanne 19:46, 3 November 2012 (Europe, Italy
- The video isn't mine and I don't have the track, I just gave the model to Gabreermes and he ported it to MKDS --NiAlBlack 19:01, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
Umm... I'm not mad or anything, but could you just make the rating section of SNES Vanilla Lake 2 look a little more... Original? It is the exact same one that I used for the rating window in DS Bowser Castle... and I wrote it myself. :P
--sup3rsmash8, 23:03, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, that rating shouldn't be used at all. Use the templates. And that page is so messed up I can hardly believe how bad it looks. --Jefe 22:42, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I used that because it's better to have the same rating system for all tracks in developement, but I can change it if you want. -- NiAlBlack 02:24, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
I'm trying to find a Charlie Brown Halloweeny theme background for the CT I'm working on, Charlie Brown's Pumpkin Hollow but I don't know how to import it into Sketchup. --MitsySueG24 00:43, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
GBA Rainbow Road
Hey, I was wondering if I could use the Road texture from GBA Rainbow Road for one of my texture hacks?? FunkyDude15 15:21, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Sure, but keep in mind, that it is non-transparent. To get the transparency, you'll need to edit the material in BrawlBox, see BrawlBox Tricks for more info. -- NiAlBlack 15:28, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Depends. If they're model hacked with animated textures, yes! If it's just a texture hack, then no! -- NiAlBlack 18:53, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
Creating SNES/GBA remakes
I was gonna ask, how did you make your SNES and GBA tracks such good quality in Sketchup? I want to make SNES and GBA tracks so I was just wondering. If you do not feel comfortable telling me what you do, you don't have to. I'm just wondering. :) -- FunkyDude15 (talk) 21:48, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I create a rectangle with the same mesurements (in cm) as the picture I have from the track and then I import the picture and put it onto the rectangle and scale it correctly. Then I use the mesure tool to mark the edges of the track, it should always be a multiple of 8cm. Then I connect them and texture the now created faces. When done with that, I scale them correctly, see Scale for that! -- NiAlBlack (talk) 12:43, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
SNES Vanilla Lake 1
Hmm... I may be interested in helping in SNES Vanilla Lake 1. At first, I had wanted to port this track, but I don't know how to. So yeah... --MitsySueG24 03:13, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I'm currently not working on it, but I'll tell you, when I'll start. Actually, you can't port SNES tracks, you'll have to remake them using a picture, since Super Mario Kart was a Mode-7 game. -- NiAlBlack 03:14, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- OK. Thanks so much! --MitsySueG24 17:36, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- If you need an image of the track I can get you one?? --FunkyDude15 20:30, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- That's where I got it from. :) I'm working on Vanilla Lake 1 already so just so you know. --FunkyDude15 21:38, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Hey I noticed on your user page that you started Vanilla Lake 1 but might not finish it. Is texture mapping the problem?? I personally don't know how to do texture mapping. If texture mapping isn't the problem, I may want to help cuz I wanted to port this track. Thanks! --FunkyDude15 (talk) 03:40, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
- No, that's not the problem. I only put tracks there, if they don't have any priority and if I don't care so much for them. Also, teamwork doesn't really make sence for such a little track. It only makes sence for scratch-made tracks which require a lot of modeling and texture mapping. The only thing that would be great, is if someone could remake the original backgroud (please don't just port it, as it has bad quality). That would require some photoshop skills though. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 10:40, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I recieved it! I already took a look at it and spotted some errors, I'll see when I can fix them. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 12:28, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I've already fixed the errors I found, so I'll have to search for more because it still crashes. I have a lot of time tomorrow so I'll probably get to do that. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 21:45, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- No, not really. I guess I won't get this done today, you'll have to wait until next week. Sorry dude! -- NiAlBlack (talk) 20:56, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I guess I'm gonna help you removing them ;) -- NiAlBlack (talk) 21:13, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- Well, maybe a bot could do this instead, that would make more sence... -- NiAlBlack (talk) 21:16, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
I'm sorry that I couldn't help you in SNES Vanilla Lake 1. I was stuck on how to make a custom track. I really wanted to make Philadelphia Canyon or Daisy's Diner but I'm still stuck on the first step. So I put on hold. Sorry. --MitsySueG24 (talk) 03:03, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
LOL, you don't have to be sorry for that, I didn't work on it at all anyways. Especially as there is another version now, it doesn't have any priority anymore. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 19:53, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I saw you undid some of my translations on the Track Names page. Well, the author of the tracks Beagle Plains and Cloud Carpet said, he didn't want the track names translated to german and he also said the track is called Cloud Carpet in the original F-Zero game. The name Beach Gardens, why did you translate it to Strandgarten? It would mean "Beach Garden", not "Beach Gardens". About Sky Courtyard: Why Himmlischer Hof? It would mean "Heavenly Yard". "Himmelshof" would mean "Sky Yard" and it's closer to the english name. Then Snowy Circuit. You put "verschneite Piste", it would mean something like snow-covered circuit. Schneepiste is closer to the original name. Then you undid my edit at Crystal Dungeon again. I wanted it to be Kristall-Dungeon in german and because I'm the author of the track, I can decide that. In my opinion it sounds better. Then, what's wrong with Dunkelheits-Tempel for Darkness Temple? Dunkelheits-Tempel is like the exact translation for that track name.--Buschkling (talk) 13:05, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- You know that even Nintendo doesn't translate as close to English as possible? Some close translations just sound horrible, if you don't like it you can discuss it but undoing those translations is not an option.
- kHacker35000vr (talk) 13:11, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- I just explained everything on the talk page of the translation page, look it up!
- NiAlBlack (talk) 13:13, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- I just did.
- N64 Yoshi Valley: You're right about that.
- Beagle Plains: No, the author of the track, Scye requested that this track will keep the english translation for german.
- Beach Gardens: Well, both names would work.
- Cloud Carpet: Scye also didn't want this to get translated to german and in the original F-Zero the track is named Cloud Carpet too, even in the german game.
- Crystal Dungeon: It's my track, and I liked Kristall-Dungeon. Please keep it like that.
- Darkness Temple: What's wrong about Dunkelheitstempel?
- These translations should be changed, I think.
- Beagle Plains:Well, I don't get the sence of requesting to keep the English name in a specific language while it may be translated it other languages. That's just stupid.
- Cloud Carpet: I didn't know that it is a remake, as it doesn't have the prefix "FZMV" on the translation page. If it is in the original game like that, we can keep the name "Cloud Carpet"
- Crystal Dungeon: Combining and English and a German word although there is an accurate good sounding translation to German is probably the stupidest thing in the whole world I've ever seen.
- Darkness Temple: "Dunkelheitstempel" is way too long and sounds awkward. "Finstertempel" just sounds way better.
- NiAlBlack (talk) 13:39, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- You just told me your opinion about combining english and german words in a track name, you don't like it, but I do and I also made the track and have the decision about the name. There are also other tracks which have that. For example: There is a spanish and english word in the name: Helado Mountain, and that's not a problem. "Dunkelheitstempel" is long, but it's probably the best translation for this track. Do you have skype? If yes, I can add you and we could continue talking there. --Buschkling (talk) 13:50, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
About that I have to tell you it's because they named the track with a spanish word, thus "Helado" is the name of the Mountain. "Dungeon" can't be a name though, as it is not the first word in the track name, that's how English and actually also German grammar works. Anyways, I classified those translations as maybe now, let's wait for some more opinions and end this discussion for now. NiAlBlack (talk) 14:04, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- I usually just use one from a default track. And sure, go ahead and use it. It is actually just a slightly modified version of the Wii Rainbow Road skybox. And please sign your posts! You can automatically generate a signature by typing "~~~~".
- NiAlBlack (talk) 04:17, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- Not really, I just lack motivation right now. I might get back some day though, but probably not soon. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 10:14, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello, you sent me a message about updating your custom tracks. I'll inform you from now on. Thanks for your message. I wasn't sure how to contact you and I thought you were inactive. --MrKoeikoei (talk) 20:41, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Cumulus Cloud Cluster Cooperation
Can I please help with Cumulus Cloud Cluster? I'm really interested. --Tpointer56 15:38, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- Actually, I'm completely inactive. I highly doubt that I'll ever start to work on this track. And even if I do it'll most likely be for Mario Kart 7. -- NiAlBlack (talk) 01:04, 11 November 2015 (UTC)