< LE-CODEJump to navigation Jump to search
LE-CODE & LPAR & LEX
- LE-CODE & LPAR & LEX
- LE-CODE: General description
- LE-CODE: History
- LE-CODE: FAQ for track creators
- LE-CODE: Distribution Tutorial
- LE-CODE: Definition file for distributions
- LE-CODE: FAQ for distribution creators
- LE-CODE: Item Cheat
- LE-CODE: Controllers & Buttons
- LE-CODE: Slot usage
- LE-CODE: Exception Handler
- LPAR: File format for parameters
- LEX: File format and definitions
- Wiimm's Test Tracks
- Extended presence flags
- Related Categories
- 2019-01-07 — Idea for LE-CODE
- Leseratte had the idea to consolidate all existing MKW-Fun and ct-code mods into one new structured system.
- He started looking for ways to extend the game code, possibly by placing it at the end of the heap (like MKW-Fun and CTGP 1.03 do).
- However, that would either require position-independant code (complicated), usage of the game's internal linker (even more complicated) or a fixed-length FST (would break if ISO is modified).
- 2019-01-11 — StaticR buffer
- The idea to use the heap has been discarded. Leseratte found a roughly 900 KB buffer within the StaticR.rel that is only used at game load.
- After the game is loaded, the buffer is still kept in memory and can be used for custom mods with the LE-CODE.
- 2019-01-30 — ct-code ported
- As of January 30, all ct-code mods have been ported or rewritten to work with the LE-CODE.
- Most MKW-Fun mods have been ported as well.
- 2019-02-10 — test script
- Leseratte made a small script to patch LE-CODE support into an image so Wiimm and Leseratte were able to do a few online tests.
- ~2019-02-14 — WLECT development
- Leseratte made a few changes to the LE-CODE to make it compatible with Wiimms tools.
- Wiimm started developing WLECT (Wiimms LE-CODE tool) so that we no longer have to create distributions manually.
- At the same time, Wiimm implemented LE-CODE support in its distribution-generator.
- Leseratte developed a hacky way for LE-CODE to add additional ~20 slots to the game without breaking online support.
- 2019-02-25 — even more track IDs
- The hack from above has been removed. Leseratte started development for actually supporting up to ~32000 tracks in online mode.
- Korean games should now work properly and not freeze on track load.
- 2019-03-06 — track ID support finished
- Both online gameplay and online live view now support up to ~32000 tracks.
- Track icons changed from RGB5A3 to CMPR to reduce size.
- LE-CODE artificially limits the number of tracks to 4096 (you'd run out of memory for cup icons at some point anyways).
- 2019-04-01 — first public test distribution
- Wiimm and Leseratte released a public test version of Wiimms Intermezzo built with the LE-CODE to do some online tests with more people.
- From now on, all new builds of Wiimms Intermezzo (released every Tuesday) will be built using the LE-CODE.
- 2019-05-18 — various preparations for MKW Fun
- During the last months Wiimm and Leseratte did some cleanup of the LE-CODE and the MKW Fun build system to prepare the first MKW-Fun distribution with the LE-CODE
- A "mushroom car" feature (for tracks like GCN Mushroom City) has been added to the LE-CODE (thanks to Kevin (KHacker35000vr) for the code for that)
- 2019-06-21 — release of Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2019-06
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2019-06, the first real CT distribution based on the LE-CODE has been released.
Build 13 (release)
- 2019-07-12 — official release of LE-CODE build 13.
- First official release of LE-CODE to the public. So other distributions can use it.
- 2020-01-25 — Extended presence flags, Goombas and more
- Partial implementation of new Extended presence flags including the simulation of scenarios.
- Goombas restored to scaled size after hit.
- Finish cut scene for team races fixed.
- Loading minigame.kmg from track's szs works now.
- 2020-02-07 — Extended presence flags, Position Tracker
- Full implementation of new Extended presence flags including the simulation of scenarios.
- For online races, the range for items can be increased to larger values than ±131071 (see LEX:SET1).
- The position tracker can be hidden dependent on offline/online, current lap and current check point (see LEX:HIPT).
Build 15 (release)
- 2020-02-14 — official release of LE-CODE build 15.
Build 16 (release)
- 2020-03-04 — official release of LE-CODE build 16.
- Fixed the hide-position-tracker functionality for 4:3 screens.
- Fixed a freeze bug that occasionally occurs when a player leaves a room and the current track uses the hide-position-tracker feature.
- Free distribution of special functions to all chat messages in private rooms.
Build 18 (release)
- 2020-04-08 — official release of LE-CODE build 18.
- 2020-04-17 — block tracks
- Block previously used tracks for the next 0–50 races. (see LPAR parameter BLOCK-TRACK)
- More chat messages and up to 2 modes for each chat message. (details)
- 2020-04-21 — Epropeller Speed
Build 20 (release)
- 2020-06-16 — official release of LE-CODE build 20.
- The game doesn't crash anymore if a player goes online with many locked drivers.
Build 22 (release)
- 2020-07-26 — official release of LE-CODE build 22.
- 2020-09-05 — bug fixed
- The game does not longer freeze if all players select random while selecting a battle arena.
Build 24 (release)
- 2020-09-17 — official release of LE-CODE build 24.
- 2020-10-09 — Speedometer & Conditional Out of Bounds.
- Speedometer activated. Enable it by LPAR.
- Conditional Out of Bounds:
- hide-position-tracker updated. Sound on position change is disabled if tracker is hidden.
- 2020-10-11 — Bug fix
- Bug fix: "Host always wins track selection" didn't work when the "block repeated track vote" feature was disabled.
Build 26 (release)
- 2020-12-09 — official release of LE-CODE build 26.
Build 28 (release)
- 2021-04-08 — official release of LE-CODE build 28.
- Fixed a bug, so that debug screens are really disabled on DEBUG$OFF.
- New LPAR parameter (THCLOUD-TIME) to define the time a player is small after being struck by a thundercloud.
- Implementation of Cheat Code System. Cheat Codes are activated by a sequence of ++ .
- New LPAR parameters:
- Bug fix: The evaluation of the joystick position for the item cheats was incorrect.
- 2021-08-04 – 2021-09-01
Build 30 (release)
- 2021-09-03 — official release of LE-CODE build 30.
- Patch for main.dol so that longer texts are allowed than defined in BRLYT (by Diamond). Longer track names can be displayed in this way.
Build 32 (release)
- 2022-05-13 — official release of LE-CODE build 32.
Build 33 (in development)
- Support of texture hacks.