Mario Kart DS Mission Mode Pack for Mario Kart Wii Mission Mode
|Missions:||64 (56 recreated, 8 custom)|
|Date of latest version:||2020-10-16|
Mario Kart DS Mission Mode Pack for Mario Kart Wii Mission Mode is a distribution created by Dxrk and JimmyKaz. It features recreations of missions featured in Mario Kart DS, along with eight custom missions. It currently supports NTSC and PAL users.
- One mission from each level had to be cut due to there being nine missions per level in Mario Kart DS, whereas Mario Kart Wii only has eight.
- Missions that involved hitting enemies/CPUs with Stars had to be changed to Shells due to Stars not counting points.
- Only two of the seven boss missions could be recreated in the game.
- Mission 7-8 will have the Wiggler bus, as the original Wiggler model caused the game to crash.
- Moving item box-based missions will sometimes be easier than in Mario Kart DS, since does not allow for editing the respawn or lottery times, and does not have a setting to give the player specific items.
- Missions involving collecting coins while driving backwards were cut due to the cheat code being over arena slot 1.4 and coins requiring settings to respawn, which the authors have not figured out to set up yet.
- There were a few missions that took place in a specific area in a track had to be changed because there is a limit on how many objects you can add in a KMP file before the game crashes. The object has to be used a lot since it only covers a very small area of the track and the object does not have wall collision, so an airblock has to be placed behind each one.
- Ro, for the Boat vehicle and the following cheat codes:
- Woodbox Respawn Time is 45 Seconds.
- Fast Cannon Speed.
- Driving Backwards on DS Twilight House.
- Vega, for the Backwards Driving on Chain Chomp Wheel cheat code.
- Syara, for the Splatoon 2 font.
- JDS and Bear, for Spelunker Sanctuary.
Currently no media
|Version||Date of release||Information|
- The authors planned to have boss battles against various custom characters, since only two of the original seven boss missions from Mario Kart DS could be recreated in Mario Kart Wii. But, the game crashed while loading them. Over 30 were tested, but they all crashed. The Boat is the only one that worked.
- Support for CTGP's My Stuff folder was initially planned, but later dropped due to Riivolution prioritizing the entirety of the folder over the main patch.
- The distribution was delayed for about a week after its planned release due to one of the author's MEGA accounts getting hacked and him losing all of the files for the distribution up to that point. He had to update it from an older backup and recreate several missions due to him deleting his newer backup folder after the ZIP file was made for the distribution.
Sky Mushroom Beach – Night Road – Nighttime Meadows – Aurora Fortress – SNES Mario Circuit HD – Aqua Sandstorm – Space Circuit 3 – Banshee Valley – Dragonite Falls
Melting Magma Land – Dark Bowser Castle 3 – Dry Dry Hills – Water World Road – Pokémon Hills – Wuhu Stadium – Flooded Station Cape – Forgotten Isle – Heaven Square
Abandoned Beach – BassBasher Summit – Mario Burying Grounds – Heart of Farm – Flying Dutchman Beach – Neon Mine World – Radioactive Power Plant – Cobalt Castle – Sky Valley
Dragon Highway – Charizard Lava Falls – Ziggurat Garden – Lava Road 3 – Galactic Beach
Heaven Skyscraper – Night Thwomp Desert – Space Course 4 – Bowser Lava Land – SNES Battle Course HD – Crisis Battle 3
Sunset Thwomp Desert – Misty Twilight Swamp – Drip Colosseum – Gravel Pit – Deathview Chomp Roulette – Wuhu Plaza
F-777 Music Pack – Ghost Item Pack – Rain Kart Wii – Underground Rock Music Pack – Dxrk x hari's Pack – Rap Music Pack
Mario Kart DS Mission Mode Pack for Mario Kart Wii Mission Mode – Anime Rain GIF Menu
WS Tennis Court B
Las Vegas Raceway
Custom Track Mission Mode Pack – Mario Kart DS Mission Mode Pack for Mario Kart Wii Mission Mode