Hi, I'm Jimmy! I am a huge Nintendo Fan, I like to mod Wii/Wii U/Switch Games! I also created the Storm Island Modpack for Wii Sports Resort.
I just wanted to list these.
- I was the first person to upload the Wii Sports Resort Swordplay Showdown Theme
- I was the first person to upload the Wii Sports Resort Cycling Theme
- I was the first person to make a Wii Music Custom Song
- I was the first person to make a Custom Wii Sports Golf Course.
- I made the Texture Randomizer Cheat Code
My Favorite Custom Tracks
These are my top 7 favorite custom tracks.
|6||Mushroom Island (BigOto2)|
|7||Rush City Run|
Lost MKW CTS / CT Collection
Between March and May 2020 I made a bunch of Custom Tracks, about 40 of them. I moved a majority of them to my SD Card due to my PC running out of space. In July of 2020 I lost my SD Card and most of the tracks along with it. I am listing the ones I remember having here in case I ever want to remake some of them.
|Tilted Altar on an Island||My first ever CT.||Have all the files for it + released|
|I don't remember the name||Used to test shaders.||Lost|
|Leaf Raceway|| This was a track that was modeled over Maple Treeway, it took place way outside the track
in the out of bounds area.
|Hilltop Storm|| I made this to see if a 1 lap track was possible, I also tried
to edit the model of an existing object (dossunc) to see if I could get it to look like there was lightning with it's timing, Neither experiment worked. The track also has a weird issue with respawn points that I was not able to fix
|Have all the files for it|
|Headroom||It was my attempt at making a course where the model is constantly rotating, but I could not get it to work properly. I remade it into a Wii Music custom stage for a modpack.||Have all the files for it, But the original SZS file is lost|
|I don't remember the name||used to test (sin_itembox)||Lost|
|Bling Circuit||A track based on the enviorment of the Hotline Bling music video. I lost interest halfway through finishing the model. I remade it into a Wii Music custom stage for a modpack.||Have the model|
|Countdown Practice Track||Have all the files for it + released|
|Item Tornado|| This track was based on this section from the custom track Horror Mansion.
The idea was there would be a large circular route somewhere in the course and it would alternate every few cycles. (The route wasn't a full circle, it was 90% of a circle but it didn't connect it and it repeated like this all around the course. It's hard to explain). And itemboxes would follow this route in alternating height, making it look like a Tornado.
However I did not know how the object (f_itembox) worked at the time, And I was having KCL problems where everything was 1000 units above the model, so I could not get this to work properly. I hope that one day I will be able to finish this and release it as a track
|Have all the files for it + released|
|Wii Play Tanks! Circuit||I didn't like the final design, So I only used it for testing slopes and collision values||Lost|
There were a lot more but that is all I remember as of now.
Youtube is extremely slow on my PC, It's faster to watch the video from an embed.
I am currently using this video as a reference video while testing different camera types.
In the future I plan to release more tracks, you can use any of my tracks in your distributions. If you want to update or recreate one of my tracks you are free to do so, but try and keep as much of the original design as possible.
KCL Desynced Height Fix
This isn't really worth making an entire page. So I'll put it here.
I'm not sure if anybody else has this issue, but I've had it every single time I've made a track. Sometimes the KCL will be desynced with the track. But there is an easy fix, 2 of them actually.
1. Create the KCL in KCL Creator
2. Save as KCL
3. Open Wexos Toolbox
4. Export the KCL as an obj
5. Recreate the KCL from the exported obj in Wexos Toolbox.
(Although, this will cause issues for models with very high slopes)
1. Create the KCL in KCL Creator
2. Put your track model and KCL in an SZS File
3. Use the command wszst patch --shift 0,1000,0 TRACK.szs in Wiimms SZS Tools
4. After it finishes, extract the KCL and track model, put them in your original SZS File.
5. Create the KMP.
Wexos Toolbox seems to make the most stable KCL files. At least, based on what I tested. (Tested using model with a large polygon count) Each of the 3 tools I used for KCL creation had different effects on the framerate of the games I tested them in. (Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort)
|Tool Used||Highest Framerate I managed to get (Dolphin)|
|Wiimm's Szs Tools||16|
Wii Sports Resort: Storm Island
Wii Sports Resort: Storm Island is a modpack that I created for the game "Wii Sports Resort" It is a modpack that changes nearly every aspect of the game, it even adds new ones. It has been worked on for over 3 years.
Things to remember
Pieces of information related to game modding that I'm listing here in case I ever forget or if something ever happens that causes me to lose all of my notes and documentations
- To branch to a specific memory address within a code, use a hex calculator and subtract the code insertion address from the address in memory you want to branch to, make a branch instruction that uses the resulting value.
- In order to get walls working without soft locking the game in a Wii Sports Custom Golf Course, the KCL must be created with KCL Tool, opened in Wexos Toolbox, exported as an OBJ File, reimported using the KCL Type "Cafe", assigned the proper KCL Flags, exported as an OBJ again, and then reimported using the KCL Type "Revolution", and then saved as a KCL File.
- Either that, or use the KCL Flag "000A"
- The Ocarina Hooktype for Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Music is "GXFlush"
- The PowerPC Instruction "mftbl" (Move From Time Base Low) can be used to grab the lower 32 bits of the CPU Clock, as it is a 64 bit integer.
- Scale by Bones instead of by Vertices
- Wii Sports Club KCL can be opened if they are ZLIB Decompressed with Wexos Toolbox.
- In order for multiple button activated codes to work in Wii Sports, they must be placed on top of eachother with the same activator address, and the very first code must be the following:
- 2040e268 0000ffff
- 04268798 60000000
- cc000000 00000000
- 04268798 48021335
- e0000000 80008000
Maple Treeway: Route 2
WS Tennis Court B
WF Wuhu Island
Las Vegas Raceway
Shader Pack and Material Tutorial