Maple Treeway: Route 2
|Date of latest version:||2021-04-08|
|Editors used:||Blender, BrawlBox, BrawlCrate, Cinema4D, CTools, Lorenzi's KMP Editor, SketchUp, Wiimms SZS Tools|
Maple Treeway: Route 2 is a custom track created by JimmyKaz. It takes place within the lower parts of Maple Treeway. Since October 2017, the author planned to create a video project originally titled "The Expanded Wii Universe". The name has since changed, but part of it involved the creation of expanded and edited maps of areas in Wii games with an attempt to create an entire storyline around it. He is planning to make an "expanded map" for both Coconut Mall and Moonview Highway in the future.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
Names in Other Languages
|Dutch:||Wigglers Woud: Route 2|
|Spanish:||Senda del Arce: Ruta 2|
- This track took the longest amount of time for the author to make a mod.
- This track does not use the original Maple Treeway model from its BRRES file. The original plan was to just make the road and put it over the object to place it in the original model, but it did not work correctly and could not be used as the road, so the model had to be exported for use within a 3D modeling software to be edited. The new model is slightly offset from its original position.
- Despite this, the skybox, materials for the water and boost panel, PAT0 animations, and shaders are from the original Maple Treeway model.
- The track model was finished within two hours; optimization, KMP fixing, KCL fixing, and fixing other errors took over 16 hours.
- The KCL alone took over two hours to get working properly.
- Some areas of the track have random darkened areas of their textures. This is because the author's modeling software does not have a way of properly balancing normals. Trying to fix it with shaders caused a blackscreen and the author very quickly lost the patience needed to find a fix.
- The author originally had planned to add a bridge between the lake and starting area. But, the textures were corrupted in the game and the author could not find a way to fix it, so a cannon was added instead.
- The track had to be reimported due to incorrect road scaling (the road itself, not the entire model size) a total of 22 times.
- The author planned to add a small farm section similar to Moo Moo Meadows in this track. However, it was scrapped since the author could not get both sides of the wall collision to work.
- The original idea was for the track to go around the entire lake, but the author already spent over an hour and a half adding the road that exists now and was very tired.
- The author originally had this exact same concept in mind for a mission within level 8 of his distribution Mario Kart DS Mission Mode Pack for Mario Kart Wii Mission Mode. The author never managed to finish it due to being busy with other projects.
- The concept for this track type was based on Night Factory.
WS Tennis Court B
WF Wuhu Island
Las Vegas Raceway