Wiimms SZS Tools
|Operating Systems:|| Linux (i386,x86_64),|
|Software Type:||File manager, decoding and encoding toolset.|
|Compression Formats:||Yaz0, Yaz1, WBZ.|
|Archive Formats:||SZS, U8, WU8, PACK, RARC, BRRES, BREFF, BREFT.|
|File Formats:||BMG, BTI, KCL, KMP, MDL0, PAT0, TPL, TEX0, PNG, OBJ, StaticR.rel, main.dol, CT-CODE, LE-CODE, ObjFlow, GeoHit.|
|Image formats:||I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2, CMPR.|
|Current Version:||v2.08a, 2019-09-05|
Wiimms SZS Tools has a spelling error, you should see but as a brand name.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Main Features
- 3 Last Features
- 4 History and Download
- 5 Tools Overview
- 6 Links
Wiimms SZS Tools is a set of different tools to manipulate SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT archives and BMG, BTI, KCL, KMP, MDL0, TPL, TEX0 and StaticR.rel files. All tools are command line tools and run without any interaction. The tools are available for Linux, Mac and Windows. The main goal is to run them in batch files and scripts to automate recurring jobs. At the moment there are 8 tools:
- wszst : Wiimms SZS Tool (handles SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT archives)
- wbmgt : Wiimms BMG Tool (convert and patch BMG files in binary and text format).
- wimgt : Wiimms Image Tool (convert and patch image files of Mario Kart Wii).
- wkclt : Wiimms KCL Tool (convert raw KCL files from/into obj format).
- wkmpt : Wiimms KMP Tool (handles raw and text KMP files, read text files like a compiler).
- wpatt : Wiimms PAT Tool (handles raw and text PAT0 files, read text files like a compiler).
- wstrt : Wiimms StaticR Tool (handles StaticR.rel and main.dol files of Mario Kart Wii).
- wctct : Wiimms CT-CODE Tool (handles CT(GP)-CODE to allow >32 tracks).
- wlect : Wiimms LE-CODE Tool (handles the LE-CODE extension by Leseratte)
One main goal is the fully automated track name replacement. The tools together can do this. Another goal is to extract all sub files recursively and transforming they into user friendly file formats (like text of png files) and support recreation of the original source files.
There is also a little How To.
- The tools are command line tools. This means, that there is no GUI support. The main advantage is, that you can place commands into scripts (batch files) for fully automated execution → More about command line.
- wszst is the main SZS tool. It has a fast Yaz0 compressor with the best compression rates.
- The wszst command CHECK can help you to find bugs in your track.
- The new wszst command SLOTS makes a track proposal for working and non working slots.
- The KCL tool wkclt can create KCL files from scratch (they become as small as possible) by reading an OBJ file. It can also export an existing KCL to an OBJ file with colors to make a KCL visible.
- The KMP tool wkmpt can decode and compile (yes, it's a real compiler with loops and other control structures) KMP files.
- While compiling, it can overide some parameters for debugging or optimization.
- The KMP compiler can use the KCL to find optimal vertical positions of objects and route points. This is good for visual debugging.
- The wkmpt command DRAW creates an OBJ file with KCL and add route positions and other objects of the KMP.
- The wszst command PATCH can transform whole tracks inkl. KCL, KMP, MODEL, MINIMAP and VRCORN. Transforming means any combinations of scaling, rotating and shifting with different factors for each axis.
- The wszst command MINIMAP can center the minimap automatically. You can use this command with SZS, U8, BRRES and MDL0 files.
- The image tool wimgt can convert images of all formats:
- It can convert the file formats TPL, TEX0, BTI, BREFT and PNG to any other.
- It can convert the Image Formats I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2 and CMPR to any other.
- It supports the palette formats IA8, RGB565 and RGB5A3.
- It can automatically create mipmaps, or it can use user defined mipmaps and create only missed mipmaps automatically.
- It can patch images with other images.
As of v2.08a all 4 known BMG encodigs (CP1252, UTF-16, Shift-JIS and UTF-8) are supported. The attribute size has been increased from 16 to 36 bytes to support some more games.
LE-CODE is a new MKW extension and works like CT-CODE. To support it, the new tool wlect was created. The tool and the complete LE-CODE support is experimental. No documentation is available, support will be denied for the moment, and there currently is no way for normal end users to create a LE-CODE distribution.
As of v1.65a, the mipmap creation and the related options changed. Follow the links to SZS Docu for more details:
History and Download
Wiimm started the development of his SZS Tools in March 2011. The first goal was to automate the insertions of the track names for Wiimms Mario Kart Fun distributions. Therefore 2 tools have been needed: A SZS extractor and creator and a BMG manipulator. The 2 tools wszst and wbmgt were ready in April 2011. After this, Wiimm implemented an Image-Tool (wimgt), an StaticR.rel tool (wstrt), a KMP tool (wkmpt) and a KCL tool (wkclt). All tools are command line tools to support scripts and fully automated operations.
Latest Change Log
szs v2.08a r7979 - 2019-09-05 - BMG: Encoding of types CP1252, UTF-16be, Shift-JIS and UTF-8 are fully supported now. - New command: wbmgt SLOTS source...: Print a slot ordered list with slot number, message id, delta and attributes. - BMG supports predifined slots now. These slot assignments are detected automatically while reading binary BMG files. Slot assignments are saved to and scanned from BMG text files. - BMG text files: Each message ID can be followed by '@SLOT' to force a slot number for the message. - BMG: Unknown sections are stored as hex dumps into BMG text files. The hex dumps can be edited and are scanned on reading. Each section is started by parameter "@SECTION NAME". - BMG section INF1: Maximum attribute length increased from 32 to 40 bytes. szs v2.07a r7960 - 2019-08-30 - New file formats to distinguish GeoHitTable*.bin (standard variant) from GeoHitTable*Obj.bin ("Obj" variant). - Command wszst TEXT for OBJFLOW and GEOHIT updated to support new file formats and new features. - If extracting an U8 or WU8 archive, then course.kcl.*, course.kmp.txt and course.lex.txt are always added to the exclude list of control file wszst-setup.txt. Files course.kcl, course.kmp and course.lex are added to the encode list. Before the files were only added, if the binary file exists and option --decode was set. - Command wlect CREATE CANNON: Create a LEX text file with cannon section only. - Command wszst ANALYZE updated to support calculated attributes of tracks for web site https://ct.wiimm.de/ - BMG: Supported attribute length of section INF1 increased from 16 to 32 bytes. - BMG: The tools support only BMG encoding #2 (UTF-16/be) fully. Encoding #1 (CP1252) can be read, but not be stored as binary BMG file. Error messages are printed for unsupported encodings. - BMG: Unknown parameters of sections INF1 and MID1 are scanned and written. - New BMG option: --bmg-encoding=NAME: Force a BMG encoding. It is only relevant if creating a BMG file. Accepted encoding names are: CP-1252, UTF-16BE (or UTF-16), SHIFT-JIS, UTF-8 and AUTO for automatic detection (default). Same keywords without minus signs are accepted too. At the moment, only encodings CP-1252 and UTF-16BE are supported on reading and only encoding UTF-16BE on writing a binary BMG. MKWii uses UTF-16BE. - New command: wbmgt EXTRACT name source: Extract BMG section NAME of file SOURCE and write the binary data to standard output. If NAME consists of less than 4 characters, then the first section that starts with these characters is dumped. - New command: wbmgt SECTIONS source...: List all sections of each binary BMG file. Print offset, size, magic and a short info. If known, print number and size of elements too. szs v2.06a r7905 - 2019-07-01 - Bug fix for wszst CHECK: The summary will include BRRES error counters now. A summary line is also printed, if a standalone BRRES file is checked. - New command: wlect DL: Short cut for: wlect DUMP --long - New command: wlect DLL: Short cut for: wlect DUMP --long --long - Tool wlect: Option --perf-mon=FORCE enables performance counter for Dolphin. - Command wlect DUMP --verbose: Slot usage map is colored now. - Command wszst ANALYZE prints more details now. - CT-CODE definition files: Added additional and optional field IDENTIFIER to optimize track-to-cup references. - Support for outdated LE-CODE phase 1 removed. - Bug fix for option --ktpt2: KMP is marked as modified now, so that the KMP of the source file is updated.. - Support of files ObjFlow.bin and GeoHitTable*.bin (binary and text). - New commands: wszst BINARY and wszst TEXT: Both commands work like the ENCODE and DECODE commands of the other tools. The main idea is to support simple text-to-binary and binary-to-text conversions of new file formats by tool wszst instead of creating own tools for every new file format. - Command wszst BINARY: Read each source file (binary or text, but not an archive) and write it as binary file. - Command wszst TEXT: Read each source file (binary or text, but not an archive) and write it as text file. - Currently supported file formats are BMG, GEOHIT, KCL, KMP, LEX, OBJFLOW, PAT and the related text formats. - New option: wszst --delta: Print only modified records on text output. Supported file formats until now: GEOHIT, OBJFLOW
wszst (Wiimms SZS Tool)
wszst is a command driven tool to manipulate archives:
- Supported archive formats: SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT.
- It can extract all subfiles of any archive.
- While extracting some file formats can be decoded (converted to text or PNG files).
- It can create all (but not RARC archives) while readind and scanning a directory structure. Decoded files are encoded automatically.
wbmgt (Wiimms BMG Tool)
wkclt (Wiimms KCL Tool)
wkclt is a command driven tool to convert KCL files into/from binary KCL from/into Wavefront OBJ files.
→ Tool wkclt: Features, commands and options
→ General parser syntax and semantics
→ KCL export and import guide
wkmpt (Wiimms KMP Tool)
wkmpt is a command driven tool to convert KMP files into/from binary from/into text files. A special compiler is used to allow variables, expressions, if..then..else, loops, macros and user defined functions while reading a KMP text file.
→ Tool wkmpt: Features, commands and options
→ General parser syntax and semantics
→ KMP text syntax and semantics
→ KMP parser functions
→ How to edit KMP files
wimgt (Wiimms Image Tool)
wimgt is a command driven tool to convert and aptch graphic images:
- wimgt supports the file formats BREFT, BTI, TEX0, TPL and PNG as export and import type.
- wimgt supports the internal image formats I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2 and CMPR (and also different PNG formats).
wstrt (Wiimms StaticR Tool)
- KMP & KCL Parser
Bash 'n' Dash 'n' Battle