Hide and Seek
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Custom Game Modes:
This game mode will not work offline or in split-screen mode.
|Type:||ISO Patcher, Riivolution|
|Date of latest version:||2023-05-28|
Hide and Seek is a custom game mode created by CLF78, following ideas by marionose1 and TWD98. In every match, a player (or two), designated as "seeker(s)" will have to locate and hit all the other players ("hiders") in a set time limit. If they fail to catch all players, they will lose the game.
The room host will be able to toggle a few options:
- Infection Mode: Hiders that get hit will become seekers as well.
- Double Seeker: Increases the starting amount of seekers to two.
- Half Timer/Extreme Timer: The time limit is set to five/60 minutes instead of 10.
- Allow Glitches: Allows players to access the more broken hiding spots (e.g. Coconut Mall out of bounds).
- Host Always Seeker/Hider: Always chooses the first (and eventually second) player in the room as the seekers/hiders.
- Long Distance Names: When enabled, the view of character tags are extended outside of Battle Mode for all players (including seekers).
- Host Always Wins Vote: The host will always win the track vote.
A typical game goes as follows:
- When the match starts, the hiders have 30 seconds (one minute with Extreme Timer) to leave the starting area. During that timeframe, the seeker(s) will not be able to move or see any hider.
- Once the initial timer is up, the game begins, and the seeker(s) will receive an infinite Star effect automatically.
- To make things more balanced, the seeker(s) are still affected by off-road, while hider(s) have a respawn cooldown to prevent abuse of respawn points.
- Item boxes only yield Mushrooms and Triple Mushrooms (with a chance of 90% and 10% respectively), while leaf piles, wooden boxes and Goombas will not give any item at all.
- The seeker(s) will be marked in red, while hiders will be marked in blue. The former will not see any hider's player tag, unless Long Distance Names is enabled.
- Players on the same team can drive through each other. This is to allow multiple hiders to hide in the same spot and to prevent trolling.
- The seeker(s) will not be able to hear the hiders' character or vehicle. This is also to prevent trolling.
- Hiders that get hit will disappear and switch to Spectator Mode until the match ends (unless Infection Mode is enabled). A message will be shown on the other players' screen.
- The "Remaining" counter shows how many hiders are still at large, and is updated in real time.
- If the timer reaches zero, the "Remaining" counter reaches zero or all seekers leave, the match will end.
The point system works as follows:
- Every player begins at one point, including the seeker(s).
- Hider points are position based: the first person eliminated will get one point, the second eliminated will get two points and so on.
- If a hider makes it to the end of the round (or the seeker(s) catches every player), they will get the total amount of hiders + three (for example, in a 12 player room, the seeker can get up to 14 points)
- Infection Mode features an additional bonus: infected seekers can gain one point for every player they infect (this will not detract from the real seeker's points).
- marionose1, for the idea and funding.
- Ismy, for the Remaining Players counter graphic and testing.
- Lore and Slime, for testing.
- _tZ, for his code loader.
- Seeky and stebler, for their extensive documentation of the game's structures.
- Krummers, for helping making battle arenas playable.
- All the other code creators mentioned in the tables below.
Currently no media
|Automatic BRSAR Patching||Elias_||The revo_kart.brsar file will now be automatically patched to prevent music from cutting off mid-race.|
|Battle Arenas||Krummers, CLF78, kHacker35000vr||Adds possibility to vote for battle arenas with the +/START button.|
|Battle Camera||_tZ||Adds camera from Battle Mode.|
|Custom Points System||CLF78||Uses a different method for assigning points to each player.|
|Custom Server Support||Wiimm, Leseratte||Support to play on Wiimmfi has been added as a replacement to Nintendo WFC.|
|Disable Luma||CLF78||Prevents Luma from showing up to make Rosalina easier to use for hiding.|
|Disable Star Power Music||Anarion, Dea||Prevents Star jingle from playing if the player is a seeker, and prevents hearing others' Star jingle when seeking/spectating.|
|End Race on Command||CLF78, Leseratte||Ends a match prematurely if all hiders get caught or all seekers leave.|
|Enable Battle Effects||CLF78, _tZ||Enables sound effects and timer flash from Battle Mode.|
|Faster Music||CLF78||Makes the music even faster if one hider and one minute remains.|
|Force 150cc Online||XeR||Forces 150cc to be used by the game.|
|Friend Room Race Count Modifier||MrBean35000vr, CLF78||Changes amount of VS races in friend rooms depending on the timer setting: four with Half Timer, two with normal timer, one with Extreme Timer.|
|Go to Friends Menu Automatically||Chadderz||Restricts the online portion of the game to the Friends menu.|
|Grumble Volcano Patches||CLF78||Patches Grumble Volcano rocks to never sink and geysers to never appear.|
|Increase Visual Distance||davidevgen||Doubles draw distance of objects to allow players to spot others from further away.|
|Infinite Star Effect||CLF78||Gives each seeker infinite Star Power after 30 seconds and automatically restores it if the seekers fall off the track.|
|Instant Respawn||davidevgen||Makes respawn points instant to prevent abuse.|
|Kill Information||CLF78||When a player is hit or disconnects, other players are notified immediately.|
|License Unlocker||_tZ||All characters, vehicles and cups are unlocked without affecting the savegame.|
|Mushroom Only Item Boxes||CLF78, Vega||Item boxes only give Mushrooms (90%) and Triple Mushrooms (10%). Leaf piles, wooden boxes and Goombas do not give any item at all.|
|Mute Characters||Melg, CLF78||Mutes every hider's character and vehicle to prevent trolling.|
|No Clip||Melg, CLF78||Players on the same team can drive through each other, to allow hiders to hide in the same spot and to prevent trolling.|
|No Disconnect||BullyWiiPlaza||Prevents players from disconnecting by sitting in the same spot for prolonged amounts of time.|
|Prediction Removal||stebler||Calculates the player's position more accurately at the expense of fluid movements.|
|Remaining Players Counter||CLF78, Ismy||The remaining players counter shows how many hiders are left in the game.|
|Respawn Cooldown||CLF78, stebler, _tZ||If a hider falls off the track, they will not be able to move for one second before landing from the respawn point. This does not apply in the initial 30 second countdown.|
|Reversed Timer||CLF78, BullyWiiPlaza||The timer starts at 30 seconds and counts down until zero, then resets to 10 minutes, then goes back down to exactly zero.|
|Seeker Picker||CLF78||The game chooses a random player between the ones in the lobby to be the seeker and gives them a red line. There is an anti-repick mechanism to prevent a player from being seeker twice in a row.|
|Selective Remove HUD||CLF78, stebler||Removes lap count, minimap and position from the HUD.|
|Spectator Mode||_tZ, Skullface, CLF78, Geeh, EvilRobot, JoshuaMK||If a hider gets hit, they will switch to Spectator Mode, where you can keep watching the game from a different player's perspective. The controls are as follows (there are four buttons: one to go back, one to go forth, one to look backwards, and one to toggle replay view):
|Tag Filter||CLF78, Elias_||Disables all hiders' player tags on the seekers' screens and updates tag colors in real time.|
|Temporary Invisibility||CLF78||Makes all hiders invisible to the seeker(s) for the first 30 seconds.|
|Time Limit Modifier||CLF78||The five minute time limit has been extended to accommodate for the longer races. The 5:56 disconnection has also been removed.|
|Version Check||CLF78, Seeky||Prevents players with a different version of Hide and Seek than the host's from joining their room.|
|Room Message Handler||CLF78||Allows the host to enable flags through room messages.|
|Allow Glitches||CLF78, MrBean35000vr, stebler||This is off by default. Enabling this option allows players to execute the following glitches:
|Always Seeker/Hider||CLF78||The host and the second player in the room will always be seeker(s)/hider(s). This can be enabled by the host.|
|Always Show Voting Timer||CLF78||Always shows the time you have left to vote for a track, beginning at 30 seconds.|
|Always Win Track Vote||Star||The host always wins the track vote. This option can be enabled by the host.|
|Default Manual Drift||CLF78||Makes the game always set the drift choice to Manual when booted. Switching to Automatic drift is still possible.|
|Double Seeker||CLF78||The amount of initial seekers is two. This option can be enabled by the host.|
|Force Online Menu||CLF78||Disables the offline gameplay options.|
|Half/Extreme Timer||CLF78||The time limit is reduced to five minutes/increased to sixty minutes. This option can be enabled by the host.|
|Infection Mode||CLF78||If a hider is hit, they will turn into a seeker as well. This option can be enabled by the host.|
|Long Distance Names||CLF78||The tag distance is increased, and seekers will be able to see player tags as well. This option can be enabled by the host.|
|My Stuff Folder||—||Allows users to replace certain files with their own, allowing for custom textures, among other things. You can choose between the CTGP and the HNS folder, and you can also choose to replace music only or everything.|
|No Background Music||CosmoCortney||Mutes all .brstm audio. This feature can be enabled/disabled at will in Riivolution.|
|No Star Invincibility||CLF78||Allows seekers to be hit by track obstacles in order to reach out of bounds areas. This option can be enabled by the host.|
|Show Version Number||CLF78||Shows the version number of Hide and Seek in the online menu.|
|30 FPS||CLF78||Makes the game run at half the framerate. This option is only available in the ISO builder and can be enabled/disabled at will.|
|All||Separated starting points, battle engine class speed and location-based respawn points.|
|Block Plaza||The statues and block parts will not fall down.|
|Chain Chomp Wheel||
|N64 Skyscraper||Name tags will be visible from further away regardless of the Long Distance Names option (Hiders only).|
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|v1.7.2||2021-05-25||Fixed a bug that would crash the game if nine players or more were present.|
|v2.0.1||2022-10-01||Fixed Wiimmfi bugs.|
|v2.0.2||2023-05-24||Fixed Version Check not working because of Wiimmfi.|
|v2.0.3||2023-05-28||Fixed Version Check crashing the game.|
Sometimes, players will not disappear despite being hit. This is caused by lag.
By the same author: CLF78
Custom Game Modes:
Formula Kart Wii – Hide and Seek
Jungle Circuit – Cloud Cloud Meadows – GBA Bowser Island 2 – Luigi's Desert – Sonic's Seaside Circuit
Snow Capped Meadows