- 1 Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
- 2 Mario Kart DS Porting
- 3 SM64 Castle Grounds
- 4 Videos
- 5 SM64 Tall Tall Mountain
- 6 Co-Op
- 7 SNES Donut Plains
- 8 Separating Merged Pages
- 9 DS Tick-Tock Clock
- 10 Contact
- 11 Mario Kart DS Recommed Scale for Mario Kart Wii
- 12 Name for Tracks with Multiple Versions
- 13 New Moderator
- 14 Baby Mario on Barrel Train
- 15 Exporting .obj's from 3ds Max
- 16 SM64/SM64 DS
- 17 3DS Maka Wuhu
- 18 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
- 19 My Custom Tracks
Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
You are now able to edit and create pages on the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki. Before you get started:
- Read the Rules.
- Use the templates on the Main Page when making new pages for Custom Tracks and other items.
- Make good edits. PREVIEW your changes before you SAVE to make sure they're saved right the first time.
- Use proper grammar and spelling.
- Don't blank or delete anything from your talk page.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
Thank you! Jefe 04:21, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
Mario Kart DS Porting
There is actually a way to import meshes from Mario Kart DS, even though 3DVIA Printscreen is gone,
by using the NSBMD Tool. 
But it does leave it up to you to texture/correct the model.
sup3rsmash8, September 20th, 2012, 17:29 (UTC)
- Thanks for telling me, because this was very helpful! Maybe the tutorial for porting DS courses should be updated. Luckily, the textures for both of my planned DS courses are already available.
- Zilla 18:21, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
Hi! You did a good job on your port of the Castle Ground from Super Mario 64, however I must point out a few errors:
- The angle headed into the cannon (Both ways) is very rough, it appears to be very easy to miss
- The secondary route that brings you over the bridge also have a rough angle, usually you go flying in the air
- Several other hard angles, such as the section where you dive in the water
There is a newer version of this model available in Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Kart Wii can render the entire model without issues. The Super Mario Galaxy version takes the same setting, nearly an exact replica of this castle, with the exception of the surrounding Toad Town. If you would like, I could supply you with this version of the Castle Grounds, as it features a more complex model with better textures. I'd also suggest not porting another SM64 Course, we now have four levels ported in total and each one will only decrease the popularity and specialness of each course. Tall Tall Mountain would make a nice course, however it takes away from existing courses SM64 Courses, by simply looking like a copy of Reedy's SM64 Whomp's Fortress. DS Tick-Tock Clock may also have issues do to the fact that the hands of the clock and the pendulum cannot operate because not suitable or similar objects exist, and the course would be pretty empty. Thanks for using my Sign & Cannon models in your course, and I hope you'll take my opinions into account.
SuperMario64DS 21:29, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- Most of the errors are because the model wasn't complex enough. If you will give me a better model like you said, I will work with that one instead! I also won't have to redo all the textures, so that will save me some time. I'm not trying to take the specialness away from SM64 Whomp's Fortress, but I wanted to try an idea for Castle Grounds and I also want to do Tall Tall Mountain. Tall Tall Mountain a clone of Whomp Fortress? Well, maybe I'll just make SM64TTM one lap. I will also try to put Bob-Ombs and mushrooms. Hopefully you won't think of it as a clone. I'm just trying out my ideas, however, I have no more plans for SM64 courses and I will also only do 2 in total. I haven't started DS Tick-Tock Clock, because I haven't planned the objects yet.
- Zilla 23:06, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
While I disagree that no more SM64 courses should be ported, I have to admit that SM64DS has a point about some of these turns... I know it may be going against the idea of a "port" per-say, but you really should consider editing the model a little to make some of these race routes feel more natural. That said, I really love what you've done with it and I still think it should be epicly fun to race on! Considering you've only made two tracks so far you're making quite a good impression on the community, so keep up the good work!
WorldsBoss 22:37, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- I'm keeping the criticism in mind and I wasn't sure how to approach the first turn. Whether I get a new model or not, I plan on widening both of the sharp turns and retrying the turns into the cannon. The CT is too far to be considered a direct port anyway.
- Zilla 23:06, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
I didn't mean to criticize your work! You've done a great job, just minor angle errors but good nonetheless! As for the model, what format do you prefer? Sketchup or 3DS Max? I think that too many SM64 Courses may have a negative impact on the two others in the CTGP, however Tall Tall Mountain is pretty spectacular so I'm sure it will make a nice addition, and even better if it receives graphical modifications! Anyways, good job with all of the N64 Ports.
SuperMario64DS 02:44, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't mean criticism as a bad thing. I meant it as "reviews". Please give me something that works for 3DS Max 2010, or just an .obj of it with textures. I am only going to make 2 SM64 CTs in total, but I have already seen 3-4 other SM64 CT Works In Progress (I'm not going to single them out), so it's not just me.
- Zilla 17:51, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
Similar Port: SM64 Peach's Castle
Damn, I didn't realize that such a track already exists even though I checked if there already was one O.o and so thought I was the first one with this idea..
My track would have parts inside and outside the castle and I already had a couple of good ideas (including the canon to the roof).
I hope I'm still allowed to make my own version of the track though ;)
Austrian5 14:26, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
Sorry I took so long! Here is a link to the new model: Download. Included are .3ds & .bmd files. The 3DS file can be directly imported without issue, while the .bmd file can be imported using the 3DS Max BMD Importer plugin, and that will give you all of the nice stuff like Vertex Colours & The ability to use the shaders Nintendo used. Additionally, if you're are using BrawlBox, I've dumped the shader data here: Download. Sumply all you have to do if you want Shaders is import the BMD, export as .dae to BrawlBox, and create a new shader entry for each .txt file, and copy the settings. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just use the .3ds files, and make sure all of the images are in the same folder as the 3DS File. Let me know how it looks.
SuperMario64DS, 14:26, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
SM64 Tall Tall Mountain
I saw on your user page that you were porting this so felt I had to ask, are you using the model from SM64 or SM64DS? Good luck with it either way and i hope to see it soon.
WorldsBoss 22:02, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
- I'm using an edited 64 model, with enhanced textures. I don't know how to rip from Super Mario 64 DS. I think it has come too far to use another model now, since I edited much of it.
- Zilla 22:40, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
Umm... uhh... um... I was wondering, um.... I uh... don't know how I should say this but um.... uhh...
It would be kind of fun, wouldn't it? I'd like to do it. :)
sup3rsmash8, 5 November 2012, 17:43 (UTC)
- Why would you make the model at all? :P It can be ported from MKDS.
- WorldsBoss 17:27, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- I know that. But it was just a suggestion. It doesn't have to be that one specific. I just want to make a track with someone. :P
- sup3rsmash8, 5 November 2012, 19:36 (UTC)
- Yeah, I figured that by the way you said "a GBA Bowser Castle 2", but you want to start/port a CT from scratch or do you want to work on one you already started? I love ports, if you hadn't noticed. :P We could probably build a better version of DS Waluigi Pinball, N64 Yoshi Valley (with a Yoshi Egg), another SM64 track, or if you know how to port a Mario Kart 7 track, I'd be glad to help. Let me know what you'd like to try.
- Zilla 18:53, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
Glad you are positive to it. :)
Well... a MK7 remake would be quite nice. How about Toad Circuit or DK Jungle? Toad Circuit seems like the easiest, as it's quite a simple track. Obviously it has to be a remake.
I'm not very good at modeling, though. (Yoshi Circuit was already pre-textured when it was extracted, so it was really easy to port.)
I'm better at assembling the SZS file.
But making the collision model would be an honor for me, though.
And if that doesn't work out, maybe a Waluigi Pinball, or a completely new track.
Also, a question, when you made Luigi Raceway, when you extracted the model, did you go to every part of the track and Exported VRML?
I find that to be quite a pain, tbh.
sup3rsmash8, 5 November 2012, 21:16 (UTC)
- If I may make a suggestion: if you're not too great at modelling then I strongly suggest sticking to ports rather than taking on a 3DS project. Especially since there are still many tracks like GBA BC2 that have never been done up to this point.
- WorldsBoss 20:35, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- There aren't many ports left to do that haven't already been announced. All the GCN ports are awesome, except Dino Dino Jungle, and already I know of two new versions being worked on. I was gonna try DS Cheep Cheep Beach, but oh well. I do think DS Waluigi Pinball needs to be remade, or a new ported battle track. I already have a model of GCN Luigi's Mansion, but barely any KMP edits. N64 ports are easier if you have a moon jump code and get most of the model in one rip, but even then I edit it to look better. I also remove duplicate faces and fill in holes that the imperfect ripping sometimes messes up on. About N64, those tracks are pretty much done too. Even the battle tracks are already ported. Only N64 Yoshi Valley or N64 Banshee Boardwalk (also on the DS!) would need attention.
- Zilla 21:06, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- I might wanna finish DS Bowser Castle before we do this, though. Let's just do a battle track. I think I need some assistance with a Battle Track I'm working on right now. SMS Delfino Plaza. It has been time-consuming for me to finish the model, so it holds up with MKW. So, I'd appreciate some help with it, and perhaps its KCL.
- sup3rsmash8, 6 November 2012, 19:11 (UTC)
- What do you need help with exactly? KMP or model edits? I can make KCL pretty fast, if I have the .obj file. The only thing that would take forever is making every possible Enemy route. :P
- Zilla 19:07, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
I would appreciate some KCL help. To me, it's not always the easiest (or most fun) thing to do. Also, if there's anything you think that should be added to the track, feel free to add it in. :)
You can also do some object placement, like say piantas, trees and item boxes, if you want to.
I can take on the pain of making the Routes and Cameras. Whaddya say? Could you assist me with this course?
sup3rsmash8, 6 November 2012, 21:58 (UTC)
- Yes, I can make this course with you. Whenever you think it is ready, pass it on to me, so I can see scale and how much of it you want drivable. I could also put other things, like piantas, coins, item boxes, trees, birds, or boost ramps to get from one roof to the other. :P I hope you will also include the .obj file and textures separate from the .szs. I think Battle Tracks do not need item routes or checkpoints, and it has only one intro camera, so keep that in mind.
- Zilla 21:34, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- I have the DL for you. It includes the SketchUp model, as well as the file content from the original Delfino Plaza. https://rapidshare.com/files/2016516473/SKP%20Delfino%20Plaza.rar
- sup3rsmash8, 22 November 2012, 18:44 (UTC)
SNES Donut Plains
Nice that you're porting SNES Donut Plains 1, I already wanted to request that ;). However, I may port SNES Donut Plains 2 and 3, so do you think you could give me the textures for this track? Thanks
NiAlBlack 12:02, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
Separating Merged Pages
Please wait until discussion has ended on the rules talk page before separating any more track pages.
Jefe 14:16, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- Because SNES Bowser Castle 2 was already separated? I didn't plan on separating any other pages. Besides, it can be an example for now, other than just N64 Wario Stadium.
- Zilla 21:28, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Hey Zilla, sorry I forgot to do a bunch of things when slplitting the two GBA Sky Garden's. It was my first time doing something like that. I was just trying to help out the Wiiki. --FunkyDude15 (talk) 01:02, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
- It's all part of the learning experience. Others botch up every joined page they can find and don't learn from it. You'll be fine if you either stop splitting pages or complete the job, although that might have been the last joined page. Anyway, it's best if I do it.
- ZillaSpaz (talk) 01:07, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
Hi Zilla! I like a lot your DS ports, you are doing a really good job at them. I dont want to sound hypocrite, but Id like that a really good CT maker like you could make DS Tick-Tock Clock, that is the only DS track that nobody have done and it was my favorite DS track, and I just want to ask you that if you can and have time please try to make that track, I have been checking the custom tracks for a long time and they never took DS Tick-Tock Clock so I'd like you to make that track. And I say it to you because I saw in your user page My plan at the moment is to finish the DS tracks and thats all xD. I'll be waiting for your answer and thanks ;).
PD: Sorry for my bad English xD.
Gilc 02:11, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- First, I'm glad you like my DS ports. Be sure to check out some of my other ports too! Second, when I said I was going to finish the DS tracks, I meant I was going to finish the ones I planned to make. I actually did think about making DS Tick-Tock Clock, but Turbo Yoshi reserved it a couple of months ago. I decided to wait for him to finish, but someone removed his announcement. I also tried to contact him to ask if he is still working on it, but he has not told me yet. When I finish my own DS Wario Stadium and no one other than Turbo Yoshi has reserved it already, or if Turbo Yoshi cancels his port, I will think about reserving it officially.
- Zilla 03:50, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot for your answer, I have almost all your ports (I dont have the SNES ones only), I saw the announcement of Turbo Yoshi in October too, but since November, Turbo Yoshi hasn't have activity in any page, then I saw that someone removed the announcement so I thought it was officially canceled, therefore I asked you; and I will be waiting anxiously for DS Wario Stadium and later for SM64 Tall tall mountain too, but thanks A LOT for answering, It is a good feeling to know that this track is going to be make after really long time by one of two really good CT maker. Continue making really good ports and thats all. And if I don't contact you anymore this year: I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 2013 ;).
- Gilc 04:28, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Um, because I'm currently working on SNES Ghost Valley 1. I want to try my ideas for DS Tick-Tock Clock first before I officially reserve it.
- Zilla 03:30, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi Zilla! Sorry I will be a little informal and direct, In your last messaje you said that you tried to contact with Turbo Yoshi, I would like to know if there is a way to contact with some users out of the wiki or to talk them freely, not about rules or custom tracks for example, like a chat or a free talk article on this wiki, sorry but I couldn't find the right words, I will be waiting for your answer. :)
Gilc 01:01, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know exactly where Turbo yoshi is outside the wiiki, but he has a Youtube account like many other Custom Track makers. Here are some examples you can get by searching for them on Youtube: CaronHT, NiAlBlack, mkwjason, and more. What you can do is go on Youtube and message whoever you want to contact. You could also ask if they use an Instant Message (IM) service, like Skype, and then add them.
- Zilla 02:21, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! ummm, do you have a youtube account, IM service or any contact?, I haven't seen any youtube account with your name or with your videos, therefore I'm asking. Waiting for your answer ;)
- Gilc 02:47, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
- Tell me what your Youtube account is and I'll message you.
- Zilla 02:57, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
Mario Kart DS Recommed Scale for Mario Kart Wii
Zilla,do you know the Recommed Scale From Mario Kart Ds Tracks to Import in Mario Kart Wii?
- --Rukasudo90 19:26, 21 January 2013 (GMT)
- I suppose you haven't kept up with my other DS tracks.
- Zilla 21:32, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
Of Course not,I´m Just Trying Importing DS Rainbow Road To Mario Kart Wii.
- --Rukasudo90 19:47, 21 January 2013 (GMT)
Name for Tracks with Multiple Versions
Hey, Zilla. I was curious about the format for tracks with multiple versions. Not sure if you know what to do. Some tracks have it like: GCN Baby Park (MRbuttCHINSx11T7), but other tracks are like SSBB Mario Circuit (Mewtwo2000 Version). Are we still going by the first name or going by both? HerbertMcHoover 21:29, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- It is most preferable to have Names in Other Languages on the disambiguation page. If there is no disambiguation page, like GCN Luigi Circuit, then just put that section at the bottom.
- ZillaSpaz 21:51, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for not being that clear. I meant the name of the page. There seems to be two types of names "track name (user who did it)" and "track name (user who did it Version)". HerbertMcHoover 21:54, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- That's a "gray area"; it's up to the author. Are you talking about pages from a disambiguation (Example) or shared pages (Example)?
- Don't change any pages from a disambiguation yet, but for shared pages, if you see "User Version", you can change it. If you see "User's Version" or "By User", don't change it.
- ZillaSpaz 22:02, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
Okay I understand now. I prefer if it was named like GCN Baby Park (MRbuttCHINSx11T7) or GCN Daisy Cruiser (MKDasher). Jefe made the SSBB Mario Circuit pages though, so I would ask him first. Overall, it's not a big deal, so I wouldn't worry about this, unless it was a typo.
ZillaSpaz 22:15, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
Congratulations Zilla! You are now moderator of this wiki! What are you going to do now? (Please don't ban me :( )--Gilc 21:52, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
Don't be too zealous to delete redirects for pages that have been around for some time. Chances are, even if it isn't linked to on the wiki, it is linked to on the MKWii forums or on a video. Deleting the redirect only serves to break the link offsite. --Jefe 19:34, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
- I did make sure that they are no longer linked in within the Wiiki, but I didn't think of other sites. Thanks for reminding me.
- ZillaSpaz 19:37, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
- I see that you've been working on standardizing character and vehicle pages. That's good. But it isn't good to delete the redirects after moving pages. (Talk pages are a different matter.) More often than not when someone makes a video of a character, it links to the wiki page so people can download it. You're breaking those links needlessly, and making it harder for people to download the characters they want. I'm pretty sure you're not intending to mess up links, but will be the result if redirects aren't restored. --Jefe (talk) 03:34, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
(not ironic): I like that you control all my distrib edits of today. I make a bidirectional synchronization of the wiki and my tracks archive. It's not easy and I I'm not perfect.
Wiimm (talk) 20:55, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- You make so many Distributions and include so many tracks, so fixing or adding to a CT page's list of CTDs is the least I can do. Not only am I glad to see tracks from me in your archive, but you have so many Custom Tracks in total and this is the greatest archive yet.
- Something I want to discuss: I'm thinking of merging the N64 Wario Stadium (Thondam) page into the Wario's Lair page to avoid confusion, but not break the disambiguation page. Also, Version History for Wario's Lair already covers RC1 and RC2 being known as N64 Wario Stadium at the time. You listed "N64 Wario's Lair" for Wiimms Mario Kart N64 2012-10 on your list, but on the Wario's Lair page, you put RC3. So you put just "Wario's Lair" in your N64 Distribution and not "N64 Wario Stadium (Thondam)", yes?
- ZillaSpaz (talk) 21:49, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- First: All distrib edits are now done. I wrote a script that creates the wiki text for all tracks, that makes all much easier.
- About Wario's Lair: Just Today I have removed the "N64" prefix in my archive. I'm not sure about the best solution and I'm now very tired because all for the edits. I think about it, We should include at least Jefe in our discussion.
- Wiimm (talk) 22:09, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
Baby Mario on Barrel Train
Baby Mario on Barrel Train's kart port doesn't have on the kart Baby Mario, so "(replaces Baby Mario)" not "(Baby Mario)"!
-Miky Jacksanne, 20 February 2013 20:41 (Sicily, Italy, Europe)
- No, Baby Mario is technically in the kart. You are just not looking hard enough. He is placed very low, so it's hard to see him, but he IS there. Also, nice job breaking the rules on my talk page. You edited this page 4 times in 2 minutes. Use the show preview button next time... Consider yourself warned.
- ZillaSpaz 19:53, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
Exporting .obj's from 3ds Max
I wanted to ask you, how you export your models from 3ds Max, because the way I do it, CTools is not able to import it correctly. Except that, I also have problems when trying to export my latest track, it will always get stuck when exporting. Thanks! -- NiAlBlack 19:47, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- I haven't really tinkered with the export settings, because it was working when I first started out. I make sure that everything has a material, optimizing normals, and the scale is 1.0. I'm not sure what else to tell you, besides saving your FINAL work as .fbx, convert to .dae, and then replace the .mdl0 in your .brres with your .dae. Be careful about saving as .fbx, because it is a very lossful format.
- ZillaSpaz 19:53, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- Well, never mind, I found the problem now, why it got stuck. It was set to quads instead of triangles, I dunno why though. I haven't tested if I can import it into CTools for now. I'm also not sure, how to replace my mdl0 in BrawlBox, you probably read that in a tutorial, would you mind giving the link to me? Thanks! -- NiAlBlack 10:04, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- I figured it out by myself..
- ZillaSpaz 15:51, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
How do you port from SM64 as i am a big noob with porting (if you saw my gcn dino dino jungle preview) i would like to know how to port i have access to every OBJ of SM64 DS stages but idk how to make the textures for it
"Soarin MKWII 04:04, 21 March 2013 (UTC)"
Zilla i can get you the SM64 DS Tall Tall Mountain OBJ if you need any stages let me know but if you want it tell me
"Soarin MKWII 04:01, 21 March 2013 (UTC)"
- First of all, your signature doesn't identify who you are. You need to change it. Next, you are first asking how to port from SM64, then say your experience with a GCN port, THEN ask how to texture a SM64DS model, which I have 0 experience with. I am very unsure what you are trying to ask me. If your SM64DS OBJs are not already textured, then I am not interested in receiving them.
- ZillaSpaz (talk) 16:33, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
3DS Maka Wuhu
Hi Zilla. Well um...
Do you want to make 3DS Maka Wuhu together? I won't do as good a job as you so I was just thinking........
If you don't want to it doesn't matter.... I'm just asking. :) -- FunkyDude15 (talk) 23:13, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- I haven't even announced it yet. =P I probably won't get started until at least after DS Luigi's Mansion. I prefer to make this alone, as I plan to reuse the model for Wuhu Loop and Wuhu Town, so it might be inconvenient for you. Like I said, this is only planned. If your port or the other port are good, I'll scrap my plan.
- ZillaSpaz (talk) 23:15, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
Zilla,what did you mean with (disambiguation info belongs on disambiguation pages. also, you didn't design this track?)?
--Rukasudo90 19:37 10 April 2013 (GMT)
My Custom Tracks
Need you Help for 3DS Daisy Hills and 3DS Maka Wuhu. I do not obj exporter and therefore you would have the routes convertieren, and then the map and all the trimmings! Thanks in advance!Ixarixas (talk) 10:19, 13 April 2013 (UTC)