Wiimms SZS Tools
|Operating Systems:|| Linux (i386,x86_64),|
|Software Type:||File manager, decoding and encoding toolset.|
|Compression Formats:||Yaz0, Yaz1, WBZ.|
|Archive Formats:||SZS, U8, WU8, PACK, RARC, BRRES, BREFF, BREFT.|
|File Formats:||BMG, BTI, KCL, KMP, MDL0, PAT0, TPL, TEX0, PNG, OBJ, StaticR.rel, main.dol, CT-CODE, LE-CODE.|
|Image formats:||I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2, CMPR.|
|Current Version:||v2.00a, 2019-02-22|
Wiimms SZS Tools has a spelling error, you should see but as a brand name.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Main Features
- 3 Last Features
- 4 History and Download
- 5 Tools Overview
- 6 Links
Wiimms SZS Tools is a set of different tools to manipulate SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT archives and BMG, BTI, KCL, KMP, MDL0, TPL, TEX0 and StaticR.rel files. All tools are command line tools and run without any interaction. The tools are available for Linux, Mac and Windows. The main goal is to run them in batch files and scripts to automate recurring jobs. At the moment there are 8 tools:
- wszst : Wiimms SZS Tool (handles SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT archives)
- wbmgt : Wiimms BMG Tool (convert and patch BMG files in binary and text format).
- wimgt : Wiimms Image Tool (convert and patch image files of Mario Kart Wii).
- wkclt : Wiimms KCL Tool (convert raw KCL files from/into obj format).
- wkmpt : Wiimms KMP Tool (handles raw and text KMP files, read text files like a compiler).
- wpatt : Wiimms PAT Tool (handles raw and text PAT0 files, read text files like a compiler).
- wstrt : Wiimms StaticR Tool (handles StaticR.rel and main.dol files of Mario Kart Wii).
- wctct : Wiimms CT-CODE Tool (handles CT(GP)-CODE to allow >32 tracks).
- wlect : Wiimms LE-CODE Tool (handles the LE-CODE extension by Leseratte)
One main goal is the fully automated track name replacement. The tools together can do this. Another goal is to extract all sub files recursively and transforming they into user friendly file formats (like text of png files) and support recreation of the original source files.
There is also a little How To.
- The tools are command line tools. This means, that there is no GUI support. The main advantage is, that you can place commands into scripts (batch files) for fully automated execution → More about command line.
- wszst is the main SZS tool. It has a fast Yaz0 compressor with the best compression rates.
- The wszst command CHECK can help you to find bugs in your track.
- The new wszst command SLOTS makes a track proposal for working and non working slots.
- The KCL tool wkclt can create KCL files from scratch (they become as small as possible) by reading an OBJ file. It can also export an existing KCL to an OBJ file with colors to make a KCL visible.
- The KMP tool wkmpt can decode and compile (yes, it's a real compiler with loops and other control structures) KMP files.
- While compiling, it can overide some parameters for debugging or optimization.
- The KMP compiler can use the KCL to find optimal vertical positions of objects and route points. This is good for visual debugging.
- The wkmpt command DRAW creates an OBJ file with KCL and add route positions and other objects of the KMP.
- The wszst command PATCH can transform whole tracks inkl. KCL, KMP, MODEL, MINIMAP and VRCORN. Transforming means any combinations of scaling, rotating and shifting with different factors for each axis.
- The wszst command MINIMAP can center the minimap automatically. You can use this command with SZS, U8, BRRES and MDL0 files.
- The image tool wimgt can convert images of all formats:
- It can convert the file formats TPL, TEX0, BTI, BREFT and PNG to any other.
- It can convert the Image Formats I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2 and CMPR to any other.
- It supports the palette formats IA8, RGB565 and RGB5A3.
- It can automatically create mipmaps, or it can use user defined mipmaps and create only missed mipmaps automatically.
- It can patch images with other images.
LE-CODE is a new MKW extension and works like CT-CODE. To support it, the new tool wlect was created. The tool and the complete LE-CODE support is experimental. No documentation is available, support will be denied for the moment, and there currently is no way for normal end users to create a LE-CODE distribution.
With version v1.65a, the mipmap creation and the related options changed. Follow the links to SZS Docu for more details:
History and Download
Wiimm started the development of his SZS Tools in March 2011. The first goal was to automate the insertions of the track names for Wiimms Mario Kart Fun distributions. Therefore 2 tools have been needed: A SZS extractor and creator and a BMG manipulator. The 2 tools wszst and wbmgt were ready in April 2011. After this, Wiimm implemented an Image-Tool (wimgt), an StaticR.rel tool (wstrt), a KMP tool (wkmpt) and a KCL tool (wkclt). All tools are command line tools to support scripts and fully automated operations.
Latest Change Log
szs v2.00a r7754 - 2019-02-22 - Windows version only: Update to Cygwin DLL 3.0.0 / 2019-02-16. - A binary KCL with different section order is accepted now (like KMP before). - The new option --repair-magics[=MODE] controls the reparing of missing or wrong magics of files and sub-files by analysing file path and file extension. MODE is one of OFF, ANALYSE or REPAIR. - Command FLOAT accepts '+' and '-' to print the nearest successor and predecessor of the previous value. - New command: wszst VR-CALC: Calculate a VR increment for each given delta value (=VR_winner-VR_loser). Print results as table. - New command: wszst VR-RACE: Print a table with VR calculations for a race. Each VR is the current rating of a player. - wstrt analyse StaticR.rel: Detect modifications of cannon parameters. - wstrt: New option: --cannon=IDX,P1,P2,P3,P4: Define parameters of cannon with index IDX (0..2). - New mode for option --patch-bmg: 'REGEX=list', where LIST is a semicolon separated list of "/REGEX/REPLACE/" expressions (POSIX Extended Regex). See https://szs.wiimm.de/opt/patch-bmg for details. - New command: wbmgt REGEXP: Test implementation of regular expressions. - New tool: wlect: Manage the LE-CODE (Leserattes CT-CODE) extension. TOOL IS EXPERIMENTAL AND CAN'T BE USED WITHOUT ADDITIONAL FILES! - Tool wctct accept LE-BIN files (LE-CODE binaries) as input. - Global option --le-code: Enable LE-CODE (Leserattes CT-CODE) support for all tools. It includes option --ct-code. szs v1.65a r7690 - 2018-12-23 - Support of BMG files without section MID1. - New Option: --bmg-mid=MODE: Control the creation of BMG section MID1. MODE is one of OFF, AUTO (default) or ON. - The impact of options --n-mipmaps, --max-mipmaps and --mipmap-size changed. All 3 options together control the automatic creation of mipmaps. Read https://szs.wiimm.de/info/mipmap.html for details. - Option --smart is deprecated and ignored now. The new option --fast-mipmaps will enable the old algorithm for images with odd width or with odd height. Read https://szs.wiimm.de/doc/img/resize for details. szs v1.64a r7680 - 2018-11-23 - Tool wstrt: Wiimmfi patching optimized again, especially in combination with CT-CODE. - New option for tool wstrt: --clean-dol: Remove additional DOL sections, reset entry point and VBI address, and try to restore other patches known by SZS tools. This is done after loading a DOL and before analysing and patching to allow re-patching. - Error logging improved.
wszst (Wiimms SZS Tool)
wszst is a command driven tool to manipulate archives:
- Supported archive formats: SZS, U8, RARC, BRRES, BREFF and BREFT.
- It can extract all subfiles of any archive.
- While extracting some file formats can be decoded (converted to text or PNG files).
- It can create all (but not RARC archives) while readind and scanning a directory structure. Decoded files are encoded automatically.
wbmgt (Wiimms BMG Tool)
wkclt (Wiimms KCL Tool)
wkclt is a command driven tool to convert KCL files into/from binary KCL from/into Wavefront OBJ files.
→ Tool wkclt: Features, commands and options
→ General parser syntax and semantics
→ KCL export and import guide
wkmpt (Wiimms KMP Tool)
wkmpt is a command driven tool to convert KMP files into/from binary from/into text files. A special compiler is used to allow variables, expressions, if..then..else, loops, macros and user defined functions while reading a KMP text file.
→ Tool wkmpt: Features, commands and options
→ General parser syntax and semantics
→ KMP text syntax and semantics
→ KMP parser functions
→ How to edit KMP files
wimgt (Wiimms Image Tool)
wimgt is a command driven tool to convert and aptch graphic images:
- wimgt supports the file formats BREFT, BTI, TEX0, TPL and PNG as export and import type.
- wimgt supports the internal image formats I4, I8, IA4, IA8, RGB565, RGB5A3, RGBA32, C4, C8, C14X2 and CMPR (and also different PNG formats).
wstrt (Wiimms StaticR Tool)
- KMP & KCL Parser
Bash 'n' Dash 'n' Battle