This is the archive of Talk:CTGP Revolution, saved on 2012-01-08.Please don't change anything here.
Moved to CTGP Revolution/Track Wishlist
Track Wishlist Talk
If anyone has any recommendations for tracks to be added, or tracks they would like to see added, they go above in the appropriate section. This section is for ideas and discussion!
MrBean35000vr 16:14, 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- I would like to see Cannon City in it (Shifting Sandland if it can be finished instead). Maybe instead of that double version track.
- kHacker35000vr 16:49, 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- Of course I want Misty Ruins in when it's finished, Sunset Ridge probably wont get finished in time.
- Vulcanus2 18:51, 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- See here for updated tracks. Overall I recommend all tracks of my last 2 distributions. They are well tested offline+online.
- Wiimm 19:51, 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- What about N64 Rainbow Road instead of the really old version of SNES RR? We don't need two ports of the same track in the same distribution.
- BigOto 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- Just so you guys know, there is no need for "instead of" anything, since there's more than enough slots available for more tracks; I'll just make more cups. I refuse to remove anything that existed in an older CTGP pack. In with the new, but no need to be out with the old simultaneously!
- MrBean35000vr 22:34, 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- What if you run out of slots? There aren't enough CTs to fill all 128 (right?) slots yet, but there will be in a year or half
- Igorseabra4 00:06, 24 August 2011 (CEST)
- Theres approximately 210 slots (that work online) to be used at the moment. And you know Chadderz... he'd find a way to add even more should we fill the lot. I wouldn't worry about space requirements just yet! There's still the original tracks to replace if worst came to worst too.
- MrBean35000vr 00:20, 24 August 2011 (CEST)
- For SKL I like BCwii music over the rBC music, idk but probably you just set rBC music because you used it on rBC at first.
- Vulcanus2 21:27, 26 August 2011 (CEST)
- Please use DK Jungle Tour v1.2 edit by Wiimm, because it has a lot of improvements in comparison to v1.0, and you can use some shortcuts :P
- HelloImYourMind 19:11, 27 August 2011 (CEST)
- Why not keeping the division between New tracks and Retro tracks? I know that there are not the exact same amount of both but they could at least be in separate cups (and following the name scheme: New tracks = good stuff [like mushroom, flower, star], Retro tracks = bad stuff [like shell, banana, lightning]). Just a suggestion.
- Igorseabra4 22:26, 31 August 2011 (CEST)
- I have noticed some new tracks made with paint and I wonder why Cannon City is still not added, there are still some slots fillable and all big glitches were fixed.
- kHacker35000vr 19:05, 2 October 2011 (CEST)
- Not really a track suggestion or anything but if the CTGPR is keeping with the "MKWii with downloadable content" thing then could I suggest incorporating a few of the beneficial codes out there? Main one I'm thinking of is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBXkCTS9Jnw as it enhances gameplay and doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage. It could use a button activator that would otherwise not be used in a race (like the 1 or 2 buttons on the Wiimote). Just a thought :)
- WorldsBoss 21:58, 25 November 2011 (CEST)
- I would like to have my Sandcastle Park in the CTGPR, when Wiimaster35000vr and me released the RC1 of it, :which should be today or tomorrow.
- SpyKid 00:46, 16 December 2011 (CEST)
- I'd like to request that to have Rezway I and II to be separate on the CTGP-R, rather than having II replace I. Some people prefer the :first Rezway for the lulz.
- --Trent Rez 01:44, 23 December 2011 (CET)
- As the other author of the update, I emphatically disagree. They can have their lulz offline. Extremely glitchy tracks don't have a place in an online-enabled distribution. Glitches cause nothing but frustration online. --Jefe 23:42, 25 December 2011 (CET)
- Sparkly Road v1 is out; please put it into the Update of CTGP Revolution instead of Beta.
- LuigiM 12:26, 23 December 2011 (CET)
- I suggest the Custom Track Moo Moo Island V1 made by 4IC☆ζρεar to be in the CTGP-R.
- SpyKid 12:43, 23 December 2011 (CEST)
- Sandcastle Park RC1.2 is out; please put it into the next Update of CTGP Revolution because the older version have a little item glitch.
- wiimaster35000vr 17:23, 30 December 2011 (CET)
Special Slots and Music
Authors of the CTs currently listed in the temporary Track List table, if you would like your track to have a certain piece of music (must exist on the disc), or a specific special slot (such as Mushroom Gorge's slot for the fog effect, etc), either feel free to leave a message here about it, or fill the Music ID/Special Slot ID collumns in if you know the hex values of what you're looking for (you can use the original Nintendo tracks' slot IDs/music IDs to find those out). Please don't, however, alter the Slot ID collumn, as these will need specific values for Chadderz's system to work properly. If the time comes to release and there are still blanks, I will pick manually.
MrBean35000vr 22:56, 23 August 2011 (CEST)
- GBA Lakeside Park requires shy guy ship
- Beach Gardens requires GCN Peach Beach slot for the sea sound effects and seagulls
- Igorseabra4 00:15, 24 August 2011 (CEST)
- Pipe Underworld should go at Grumble Volcano's slot, as this creates dramatic "meteor-crashing-down" sound effects when the flaming fireballs hit ground in the lava cave. Fishdom Island should be moved away from Maple Treeway, also, as Maple Treeway causes different grass offroad effects for some reason. I added the IDs for these, hope I did it right. Also, can the music and slot IDs be different (for example, music from Koopa Cape at Fishdom Island but replacing something else)?
- BigOto 04:51, 24 August 2011 (CEST)
- Yes, the Special Slot ID and Music IDs can be for totally different places, and things will continue to run fine. So if you want GBA Shy Guy Beach's special slot with Bowser's Castle music (for whatever reason), it'll work fine, more power to you. The edits appear correct too.
- MrBean35000vr 10:48, 24 August 2011 (CEST)
- Is it also possible to assign battle music ID's?
- Vulcanus2 22:52, 25 August 2011 (CEST)
- I would assume so. I don't see why not.
- Guilmon35249vr 04:26, 26 August 2011 (CEST)
- Yes, it is possible to assign the battle arenas music, or even Galaxy Colosseum's music if you really want. Slots too if you're that inclined! I don't have the hex values for the battles on hand though...
- MrBean35000vr 19:06, 26 August 2011 (CEST)
Music ID's Battle tracks (and unknown)
|Track Name||Slot ID||Music ID|
|Chain Chomp Wheel||22||BB|
|GCN Cookie Land||25||BF|
|DS Twilight House||26||C1|
|SNES Battle Course 4||27||C3|
|GBA Battle Course 3||28||C5|
Non called tracks
Here are some tracks of my archive that are not named yet (This is not a recommendation). Feel free to remove/add tracks.
Beach Valley (S.FunkyKong) Beagle Plains (Scye) Bowsers Castle 1 (Nfojoshi) Cannon City RC2 (kHacker)  Chaotic Circle (Sealseal) [raised] DK Waterfall (BigOto2) DS Dokan Course (MKDasher) [raised] DS Mario Circuit RC1b (MRbuttCHINS,AndyK) Daisys Garden (Twister+Nfojoshi) Desert Cross Desert Valley, alpha Digitally Enhanced (MikeYoshi) Forest Way (Luigi,Teknik) GBA Bowser Castle 1 (MRbuttCHINS) GBA Luigi Circuit (MRbuttCHINS) GBA Mario Circuit (MrX) GBA Peach Circuit RC2 (Nfojoshi) GCN Baby Park RC2 (Pati) [raised] GCN Dino Dino Jungle (MRbuttCHINS) GCN Wario Colosseum RC2.2 (MKDasher,Wiimm) Ghostly Path (Nikoproducties) Icy Shroom Road (BigOto2) Kinoko Cave (Igorseabra4) Koopa Canyon Luigis Cave Mario Circuit 2 (MRbuttCHINS) Mega World (Teknik)  Monty Mole Lake (CrackpotHacke) Moo Moo Forest (Igorseabra4) Moo Moo Island 2 (SuperFunkyKong) Mushroom Island Mushroom Land (Nfojoshi) Mushroom Volcano (BigOto2) N64 Banshee Boardwalk RC2 (Teknik) N64 Rainbow Road (Guillimon) [42,long] N64 Wario Stadium (Thondam) N64 Warios Lair (Thondam) Pipeline Speedway Proxmia Road RC4 (MikeYoshi) Qwerty RC2 (Alphamariox) SM64 Whomp's Fortress RC2.2 (Reedy94) SNES Bowser Castle 1 (Tock) [raised] SNES Bowser Castle 3 RC1.1 (Tock,AndyK) SNES Donut Plains 1 RC2 (Alphamariox+Pati) SNES Donut Plains 2 (MRbuttCHINS,AndyK) SNES Donut Plains 3 (Pati) SNES Ghost Valley 1 (Metaknight,AndyK) SNES Mario Circuit 2 RC3 (Cagnouto) SNES Mario Circuit 4 (Igorseabra4) SNES Vanilla Lake 2 v1.1 (Igorseabra4,AndyK) [v1] Sky Speedway (Igorseabra4) Skylane (Ugothacked+MetaKnight) Stunny City (Igorseabra4) The Hole Cave (Igorseabra4) Thwomp Factory (Igorseabra4) [raised]
Wiimm 23:46, 25 August 2011 (CEST)
The following tracks are updated tracks. Some marked with [raised]: The start point is raised to disable the camera bug on slit screen. Others are changed to enable better game play. Ask me (Wiimm) for the updates.
Chaotic Circle (Sealseal) [raised] Cloud Carpet (Scye,AndyK) [v3] DK Jungle Tour v1.2 (HelloImYourMind,Wiimm) DS Airship Fortress (Metak.+Dasher) [raised] DS Dokan Course (MKDasher) [raised] DS Wario Stadium (MRbuttCHINS,Reedy) Desert Bone RC2 (Putinas,AndyK) Dry Coast RC1.7 (Putinas,AndyK,Wiimm)  GBA Lakeside Park v0.63 (Igorseabra4,AndyK)  GBA Riverside Park RC1 (MRbuttCHINS) [raised] GCN Baby Park RC2 (Pati) [raised] GCN Rainbow Road RC2.2 (MKDasher,AndyK) GCN Wario Colosseum RC2.2 (MKDasher,Wiimm) Haunted Woods v1.1 (Thondam,AndyK) N64 Royal Raceway v1.2 (Jimbo,Wiimm) Rezway (Trent) [raised] SNES Bowser Castle 1 (Tock) [raised] SNES Bowser Castle 3 RC1.1 (Tock,AndyK) SNES Donut Plains 2 (MRbuttCHINS,AndyK) SNES Ghost Valley 1 (Metaknight,AndyK) SNES Vanilla Lake 2 v1.1 (Igorseabra4,AndyK) [v1] Six King Labyrinth (MrBean+Chadderz,AndyK) [lags] Thwomp Factory (Igorseabra4) [raised] Unnamed Valley v1.1 (Scye,AndyK)
Wiimm 23:46, 25 August 2011 (CEST)
Special _d Tracks
Some tracks have special _d counterparts for better split screen playing:
Dry Coast RC1.7 (Putinas,AndyK,Wiimm) _d Fishdom Island RC5 (BigOto)_d GCN Sherbet Land (Tock)_d Punch City (Mind) _d
Wiimm 23:46, 25 August 2011 (CEST)
Are custom Characters Planned to appear in this hack, when animations work? It would be amazing to choose more Characters. Also, a follow-up question: Where did N64 Royal Raceway Go? I thought all of the originals were still staying...
SuperMario64DS 03:06, 23 September 2011 (CEST)
- N64 Royal Raceway is in the Golden Mushroom Cup. I do agree about custom characters, but only if they can have their own slots too.
Guilmon35249vr 00:42, 24 September 2011 (CEST)
- Yes, after custom characters have their animation, (and maybe sound effects too), I don't see why they can't be included. And yeah, character screen expansion may be a possibility in order to avoid overwriting the main characters.
- MrBean35000vr 10:23, 24 September 2011 (CEST)
- That would be awesome! I'm working on a full Sonic The Hedgehog set (With full animations). Although, they run off of other Characters animations, like Mario or Luigi, at the time I don't see how we can make our own. Would you accept them if they used other Charater Anmiations?
- SuperMario64DS 12:52, September 2011 (CEST)
Suggestions For Future Releases
Hello! I just tried this release out. You two did a very good job. I have a few suggestions, though. For example, you could make a "Rainbow Cup" just for retro rainbow roads. Or if anybody ever does Super Mario Sunshine ports, they should be in the Shine Sprite cup. Or Super Mario Galaxy ports, they could be in a Grand Star cup. Do you get what I mean? Like putting custom tracks in it's own category. Do you like this idea? Please respond! I'd like to know if either of you like this idea.
-SuperMario64DS, 22:35, 22 October 2011 (CEST)
I agree. It would be good to have tracks grouped by their theme/game origin. Like, a few SNES tracks could be put in the same cups, or castle-related courses could go in their own cup. I know you've already done some things like this, but it's confusing going through all the side-scrolling screens and finding a grassy course in a rock mushroom cup, although it is better than button activators.
- JJMaC 047, 12:42, 22 October 2011 (PST)
I think future releases should support the NTSC-K version of the game. I know someone who had to go out and get the NTSC-U version just to play CTWWs.
- Guilmon35249vr 05:18, 24 November 2011 (CET)
I had a new idea of putting custom brstm files on only custom tracks, if that is possible. After all, many people who create custom tracks have custom music to go with them, and retro tracks have their own music as well.
- JJMaC 047, 12:33, 27 November 2011 (PST)
CTGP Revolution is not working for me. It was working before. My guess for this happening is updating my wii for kirby's return to dreamland. Is this the case? Can u help me?
Pokemongeof, 10:13, 18 November 2011 (CEST)
- If riivolution is working it's not your new wii version, try redownloading everything again.
- kHacker35000vr 16:19, 18 November 2011 (CET)
wait, i got it working again, but how do i install the ctww v2 patch? Pokemongepf, 10:42 22 November 2011 (CEST)
- There are installation instructions in the zip file. --Jefe 19:58, 22 November 2011 (CET)
Is it possible to use it as an ISO Patcher ? --Beredezebe 13:12, 26 November 2011 (CET)
- It is possible to patch an ISO to run CTGPR. You need to extract the DATA Partition and add the required files with the filenames used in the xml. Just adding them as they are will not work. --Guilmon35249vr 21:38, 27 November 2011 (CET)
- Well, I want to do this, but the version that I currently have (1.01) doesn't seem to have a DATA partition. It just has two folders in it: mkwii (which contains the files for the tracks) and riivolution. (containing the XML files) - Ah2190, the Master of Nitrous, (Talk page) posted at 22:34, 29 December 2011 (CET)