Talk:DS Shroom Ridge
Ermelber's unfinished version talk
To get textures in the final, you can also open at the left the *.carc file and on the right the *Tex.carc file. (I know this because I am the creator of MKDS Course Modifier)
Gericom 16:51, 19 January 2012 (CET)
Cars & stuff
Just out of curiosity... You will be adding cars, right? Simply releasing a version where it is the track without proper cars would not be enough, if that is what was planned. Remember, I did offer to do the KMP... -- SuperMario64DS 19:41, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Yes, we will add cars and all stuft like the nds course.
-- Ermelber 15:43, 15 June 2012 (CET)
SuperMario64DS's version talk
Jefe, SM64ds told me to use this page. i said yes. So now the page belongs to him. -- Ermelber 17:24, 27 September 2012 (CET)
Some thoughts by me after playing the track 2 times:
- Wow, this is SM64DS master peace!!
- Only 2 item rows are 1-2 rows to less.
- Why a double item row at the beginning.
- Car routes and distances are very good.
- Some enemies will stay a a position and try to drive always into the hill.
- Missing some trick points at peak of the road hills.
Wiimm 11:48, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
Very nice done, SM64DS! This version is a lot better than mine. Nice work!
-- Ermelber 17:07, 7 October 2012 (CET)
Thanks! Wiimm, I have taken the time to update this track to v1.1 and I will release it shortly, with all bugs fixed & CPU no longer getting stuck. The Item Boxes are supposed to be a close replica to the DS version of the course, and some are floating by on the road, and a key feature of this course was that it was originally harder to obtain items. I'm not sure about adding tricks on the one hill, it seems a bit un natural seeing that the cars also drive over the same area. I have also used your tools to lower the walls so you'll no longer get stuck. Most of this would not have been possible without your tools, so thank-you. Hopefully you'll use the updated version for your online tests. --SuperMario64DS 01:54, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- I said thoughts because of the first impressions.
- About the itemboxes. I understand your argument, but think about mine: If you play alone against cpus, you get every itembox you want. But if playing online with friends, single itemboxes are consumed by the first players and the following players have only minimal chances to get an itembox. And that's bad for the gameplay at all.
- Wiimm 05:13, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
This version of Shroom Ridge is a cosmetic update of my port:
- The model is 1:1 for scale (even includes the concept I added to prevent players from getting stuck behind the railing at the tunnel)
- KMP file data is the same:
- Start Position - new X, Y rounded, Z same
- Enemy routes:
- Scale, settings identical
- New positions added to start and end of routes
- Items routes: similar case to enemy routes
- Checkpoints: same number of checkpoints & keys (I think WSZST has a feature to auto-generate new checkpoints?)
- Respawns: all the same
- Routes: removed a few useless routes, and:
- Same cam 1,2,3
- Same car routes (most difficult task!)
- Same (unmodified) AREA
- Same camera settings
Though I generally don't mind, in this case I'm bothered that you did not ask my permission first, or award credit outside of your video's description (in which credit is only given for the car routes, which happened to be the most difficult part in planning the original version). Can I contest that this is not an original port containing original work, but an update of mine? Though I didn't plan on updating it any time soon, the cosmetic updates were nothing I was not skilled enough to do on my own, so I don't appreciate the difficult work put into the course data being taken. If you had at least reached out to me, I would have considered. For now, this is an update of my version, not it's own release. --SuperMario64DS (talk) 05:44, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
- It was my wish to use the old KMP, because I/we like the characteristics of the track much and we play DS Shroom Ridge very often.
- Trivia and contributions are not written yet. I think, Sniki will give you his respect.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 14:27, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
- What puzzles me is why anyone thought they could grant others the permission to use data I created on a whim, and why this perhaps was known all along, but credits were delegated only to the video's description and those credits were incomplete (only crediting for the car route planning). I do want to know who was involved, and how this came to be that this released was made and yet someone' was unaware that this was an update, not a port, even if it was the audience.
- It was meant to be a surprise release in the coming weeks, but I have been collaborating with another creator to release a fully updated version of my port (only borrowing the car planning, but rebuilding every other aspect). The majority of the model is already rebuilt, in similar fashion - increased complexion actor on the roads, smoothing, etc. What are we supposed to do now? Would it be considered plagiarism if we decide to integrate certain elemnts of Sniki's version others prefer the most? Or will we have to live with tis unofficial version perhaps being favoured more than our release?
- It is my wish at the moment is for this not to be slated as v2, but in similar fashion to the v1.1i version (unofficial), and that we be given permission to view this version as something we can build upon thematically (not updating Sniki's work, but incorporating certain elements of Sniki's port into ours). --SuperMario64DS (talk) 16:36, 6 March 2018 (UTC)