My name is Lovelifeandtpose024, better known as my Discord username "emanresU". I was a custom track (CT) creator who began modding in November 2018 until retiring in April 2022 with the release of Northern Heights v2.0.
My desire to make CTs began as early as 2013, when I watched Pksparkxx Dathotness's CTGP playthrough series as well as TWD98's Rate That Custom Track series. I didn't get around to modding my Wii until 2016 (when I installed CTGP) because I thought I would Nintendo would find me and get me into legal trouble. I had no luck with CT creation at first due to my impatience and inexperience, but I managed to make a successful track in 2018 after revisiting the game. Then, one day in 2019, in one of the CT Discord servers I was in, Bear was having problems with making Seasonal Circuit. I offered to help, and then that help turned into a collaboration with him. We released this on the Wiiki - this was my first public CT - and the rest is history!
I was also a very active Custom Track Jam member, as the server provided something to do during the lockdowns in 2020. It also provided motivation I needed to continue making CTs, as I was starting to burn out on my personal projects. When I improved at placing down objects and manipulating them, I started to pioneer making very unusual gimmicks for my tracks. These included rarely used objects, the manipulation of object properties such as their KCL files and movement, and even the GBA Shy Guy Beach view glitch with Prison Maze Escape. It was very exciting to take advantage of a nearly unexplored concept, and I became infamous for that.
I left Mario Kart Wii and its community in 2022 for several reasons like life and university becoming ever more demanding, but the main two were the effort of making CTs and the community. There is a lot more to track creation than meets the eye - every part of a track must carefully be made and repeatedly tested to see if it is fun to play while staying within the limits of what the Wii can do. There are also at least five files you must create and manage - the course model, skybox, collision file, minimap, and KMP file - with buggy and unreliable tools. This process to make one track took me months at a time, and I suffered a lot of burnout. I wanted to pursue 3D modelling without so many exhausting factors†. I also believe that CT making was not worth it in the end - the community is very toxic and the chances that your track will be torn to shreds with destructive criticism is nigh on inevitable. The dehumanization and disrespect of creators who simply make free content for fun - and the fact that this is completely normal - drove me and many other creators away from either the community or Mario Kart Wii entirely. I was in the latter group. If you want to look into this further, check out JadenMKW, AltairYoshi, Justin, and Questorian.
I hope you enjoy all 52 mods I have to offer. With that, I will be closing this. Farewell!
† Ironically, it was only through this continued pursuit of 3D modelling that I realized how much I hate 3D modelling and quit.
Please credit me for any models/objects you take from my tracks.
Please do not take anything from tracks I made with someone else to avoid conflict with that person.
Please ask me for permission before editing or updating my tracks.
Feel free to port anything I make to other games, though I suggest adapting them to suit the target game.
I used to have a table detailing all my tracks I never finished and offered to send them anyone who was willing to finish them, but it has been a year or so and no one has come forth. Thus there is no point to hold on to projects I stopped caring about.
These are projects that either never got past an idea in my head or whose files are long gone. Feel free to make any of these a reality.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mario Circuit
- This was an attempt to make Mario Circuit from Super Smash Bros. Brawl a fun, lively custom track. I only made the road layout before deleting the project forever due to lack of interest.
-Alpine Mountain Remake
- I was halfway through modeling this track way back in early 2020 when I realized that this track is basically Rock Rock Mountain from Mario Kart 7.
-Traditional style Mario Circuit-esque Custom Track
- I fully modeled this before realizing that it was essentially a re-arranged GCN Mario Circuit. It was situated on a cliff overlooking a lake, and the lake would be surrounded by houses and roads.
-Castle of Hope v2.0
- I only got through modelling about 30% of the track. It would have featured less spirals, more open areas, a ceiling that wasn't miles above you, and a lot of texture and model changes.
- Not to be confused with Chomplabs. This was a factory that would have included a lot of Chomps rolling on conveyor belts like the Toad's Factory crates. It had an outside area as well with cranes. This was made a fully playable course, but due to issues with a custom casino roulette object, I gave up on it. I could go back and fix this now, but I have no motivation to ever finish that track (which was scrapped 3 years ago anyway).
-Beanstalk Castle alternate version
- A hypothetical version of Beanstalk Castle that would have included going inside the background castle, like Suzuka Circuit's regular and east course versions.
- A battle track based on Bear and me's v2.0 (the old 2019 remake) of Seasonal Circuit. I never released it due to my inability to make good enemy battle routes (and some material issues).
- This was merely a vague idea in my head based on Torrential Treetops.
-Autumn themed track
- An old, unfinished Custom Track Jam entry. I became sick on the last two days of the Jam and thus couldn't finish it. It would have had a drive through ruins and was inspired by Azshara (before the Cataclysm expansion) in World of Warcraft.
-Luigi's Cave remake
- A remake of AlphaMarioX's Luigi's Cave based on a concept he posted. The road and its surroundings were fully modeled, but I lost motivation to continue.
- A remake that would have included better gameplay and less grainy visuals. It never got past being a concept in my head.
-Mario Circuit 2 Remake
- A remake of this track which originally is made by MRbuttCHINSx11T7 and was planned after I made Beagle Plains. Due to the awkward layout of the original, I never got around to it. My philosophy on remakes of old tracks also changed, and now I believe that those types of remakes disrespect the original creator(s).
-Beagle Plains v3.0
- Would have featured actual dogs running around, a secret easter egg inside of the huge hill in the background, a halfpipe on the side of the road after the greenhouse, and a ton of fixes and visual changes from the original.
-Eastern Plaguelands-styled track
- An idea that tried to stand out from generic haunted/ghost tracks. Would have had orange fog, dead trees and a barren atmosphere. I couldn't think of anything interesting to include.
-Volcanic Skyway Remake
- A remake of one of the Volcanic Skyway tracks, except the volcano would have been erupting, with a smoldering sky, burning plants and lava obstacles. I didn't know how to make going inside an erupting volcano work nor have any ideas for the section in the sky.
-Backwards Mario Kart Wii tracks
- A whole 32 track pack of backwards courses from Mario Kart Wii. The twist is that shortcuts, course model elements, and item positions would be altered to be reversed as well. New shortcuts and alternate routes would have been added and some regular shortcuts would have been removed so it would be more than just playing the tracks backwards. It doesn't take a genius to realize how much effort this would have been, especially since I was the only author. I only finished Luigi Circuit. The nail on the (already sealed) coffin was the release of Mario Kart Wii R (ZPL).
-Paint Kart Wii
- An April Fool's texture hack where all the textures in every Nintendo track would have been poorly remade in Paint. I got through a few tracks before giving up due to how much of a slog it was. Once again, this was way too much work.
-Obstacle Kart Wii
- An April Fool's joke where I spam firebars, pipes, goombas etc. in every Nintendo track.
- A concept based on the winding, elevated road in the Isle of Kezan from World of Warcraft.
- A track called "Southern Lows", a parody of Northern Heights where it takes place in a Mediterranean-style lagoon with the same ruins, though with less drastic elevation changes and a different ending. Originally my plan for April Fool's 2023, though I lost motivation and was much more motivated to do a Custom Track Russian Roulette sequel: CTRR 2: Capital at Risk.
Castle of Hope – Torrential Treetops – Grubhub Ad but it's in Mario Kart Wii – 1-1 but it's in Mario Kart Wii – Boulder Crossing – POV: Yro'ue Fighting Japan in WWII – Northern Heights – CTRR 2: Capital at Risk
Shortcut Practice Pack
Publicly Available Custom Track Jams Entries:
Violin Route – Chomplabs – Land's End Festival – Under the Dreadnought – Sherbet Ice Shelf – Mario Circuit - RTX On – Desert Bus 2: The Bus is Sus – Dizzy City – End Time
Disney World Mayhem – Interstellar War – Verdant Wilds – Godzilla's Assault – Driving is so 2008 – N64 Bowser's Castle (Lovelifeandtpose024) – Publix Parking Lot – Sheet Cake Quarry
Space Jam Stadium – Citrus's Overgrown Lemon Garden – Uncanny Mr. Incredible CTs – Custom Track Russian Roulette
Publicly Available Turbo Jams Entries:
Speedrun Grove – Warfare Way – Nuclear Winter Delfino Plaza – 5 P.M. Los Angeles Traffic – Prison Maze Escape – Banana Slips on Man – DS David Square – Donkey Kong - Drum Conquest
Northern Heights Demake