Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
When you submit an entry to the News page, newer releases during the same day have to go below older ones. You have been warned.
-- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 17:03, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
Crile claimed this was his original work. It obviously is a texture hack of Tock's track, however. There are a couple of options here:
- Leave the track on the wiki as is (with credit added.) It's a plagiarized texture hack, so this isn't a good option.
- Move it to SNES Rainbow Road (Crile) (SNES Rainbow Road (DasFragezeichen & Tock) Texture) based on the format we use for texture hacks. I don't like this option, but it is at least truthful.
- Make the page a redirect and add the info to SNES Rainbow Road (DasFragezeichen & Tock) as a texture hack.
- Just delete the page. He doesn't deserve a page here if he's going to plagiarize.
Thoughts on Crile's ban or what we should do about this page? --Jefe 16:50, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
Khacker, while his track did plagiarize Tock, it can also be considered a legitimate texture hack, provided he comes forward and admits to what he did. You shouldn't have deleted the page until after discussion was complete and Tock and the other moderators had a chance to add their opinions. --Jefe 17:09, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
- I think, it would be ok, if he edited SNES Rainbow Road (DasFragezeichen & Tock) and said: "This is the texture hack of Fragezeichen & Tock made by Crile". Why would and not will: To late, chance gone.
- On the other hand, we are multiple editors and may fix such things. And the track is a texture hack and a complete wiki should notice this fact. And this my final meaning.
- My 2 cents. -- Wiimm 18:18, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
- Remember GCN Yoshi Circuit? Someone obviously made a texture hack and tweaked a few objects from Teknik's version, and called it a "Terracotta" version. I believe that if the author (Tock) does ot want it there, then it should not be there. I'd be pretty upset if somebody texture hacked Jungle Island, and said it was their own version made by them. And even if they did admit they just texture hacked it, I would not want it at all. -- SuperMario64DS 18:57, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for deleting it, I didn't notice this discussion. I think it shouldn't be here at all because Tock obviously didn't gave permission for it and that he did take credits for the track itself. Tock can always get this page back if it's ok.
- kHacker35000vr 19:08, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
Crile sent me the following email:
please unblock me! I was just going to give credit! I will edit it tomorrow! Check this page tomorrow!
I've unbanned him for the time being. I think it would be appropriate for him to post an apology here or on MKWii.com. --Jefe 04:23, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
Custom Track etiquette
2. "You are allowed to edit every Custom Tracks after 6 month of no update but you must give credits to the original Creators, if the creator didn't say something else."
Tock 13:07, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
Don't undo edits made by moderators, they are done with a reason; Please stay with the third person, not everyone knows who has created it and it looks weird if there stands "I" or "me" on a page.
kHacker35000vr 05:38, 9 May 2012 (UTC)