|Creator:||MrBean35000vr and Chadderz|
|Editors used:||Paint, SZS Modifier|
Mushroom Peaks, often lovingly referred to as Mushie Peaks by fans, is a custom track taking inspiration from Mushroom Gorge. Despite its high level of popularity, this track has received high criticism in the past about its mushroom placement being too hard - however, requests for the change of their location have been rejected as it would remove much of the challenge from the course that allowed it to become so popular in the first place.
Quote from the RC1 release video:
- Welcome to another new track for Mario Kart Wii, clearly based heavily on Mushroom Gorge: Mushroom Peaks.
- This track is the longest, hardest and by far the prettiest looking track that me and Chadderz have made so far. It features annoying respawns, lots and lots of areas to die/sheer drops, and more bouncy mushrooms than you can shake a stick at. Very often, the track can't be completed in 5 minutes due to its length, ESPECIALLY if it's 100cc (see video :P)
- This course was designed by me (Mr Bean) however, huge credit goes to Chadderz for coding the SZS Modifier, making all of this possible and listening to my many nagging requests (believe me if he hadn't, this course wouldn't have turned out nearly as nicely as it did).
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|RC2||2009-12-23||Fixed KCL error that caused people to fall through the track.|
|RC3||2009-12-??||KCL grid added to reduce online lag.|
|RC4||2010-??-??||Fixed a bug that prevented mushrooms appearing in multiplayer.|
|RC5||2012-09-07||Item route overhaul, respawns fixed, more objects added.|
- Although Mushroom Peaks was the fourth released custom track, it was the first one to not be based upon another track from a previous Mario Kart game. The first three released tracks were SNES Rainbow Road, GBA Rainbow Road, and GBA Cheep-Cheep Island.
- Of these, Mushroom Peaks was the third to be released by MrBean35000vr.
- A Bullet Bill is a very powerful item in this track because once a player has passed the first two bouncy mushrooms on the fast mushroom route, activating the Bullet Bill will take them the rest of the way - guarenteeing them a safe landing.
- On December 31, 2009, MrBean35000vr uploaded a video of Mushroom Peaks in a live view with every observed player in the room also using the track. This made Mushroom Peaks the first Mario Kart Wii custom track to be seen in a functioning live view across the internet.
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- CTGP 2.8 (RC4)
- CTGP Revolution (RC4)
- CTGP Revolution v1.02 (RC5)
- CtocKartWii 3.0 (RC4)
- Luma's CT Pack (RC5)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2010-12 (texture hack by Teknik)
- MKW Hack Pack (texture hack by CaronHT)
- Pro CT Pack (RC5)
Names in Other Languages
CTMKF PC Font