|Editors used:||CTools, Paint.NET, SketchUp, SZS Modifier, Wiimms SZS Tools|
"Thanks to Riivolution, I can now build custom tracks on Mario Kart Wii without using Homebrew at all. For about as long as I've been into the Mario Kart series, I've always wanted to make my own tracks to race on, especially for Mario Kart Wii as most of its tracks disappoint me. In this video, I will give you a tour of my first track, Kartwood Creek!
For my first time working with the SZS modifier, I think I did a pretty good job. All textures except for the background trees were made by me, so you won't find them on the Internet. I decided to start out with a rather simple idea of mine so that I could understand how it works easier. That's why the layout is flat everywhere. Pinching the green fences and the track itself was a little too confusing for me, but I thank MrBean35000vr for assisting me in that part. Once I did get the hang of it, I constructed a building structure with a roof, door, and windows on the bottom-left corner which, besides the fences, is the only vertical polygon on the track; the dancing trees were pre-existing objects in the KMP. The most time-consuming part of this track to make were the backgrounds as the textures repeated in a complicated pattern; that part still looks a little shabby, but I'm done fiddling with it. No, this does NOT mean I'm a hacker.
So where did I come up with Kartwood Creek anyway? About five or six years ago I had a nightmare probably from playing too much of Luigi's Mansion. I had gotten lost in a forest and I found an old mansion. It was once owned by a rich family that managed this area of land for cotton-farming in the nineteenth century, but it was all abandoned during the American Civil War. The family was killed, but their ghosts never left the mansion as I found out when I knocked on the door. Although the original concept was this haunted mansion, I turned it into part of the background and instead made the creek the main theme for this track. Kartwood Creek is available for download through the SZS Modifier and no further changes will be made."
These glitches have all been fixed as of RC2 and on.
- It it possible to get out of bounds by using a mushroom and hopping from the bridge to the other side of the fence. This is also possible in some areas due to fences not being extended far enough.
- As with many other custom tracks, the external cameras have not been fixed to follow the correct routes. As a result the cameras are normally below the track during live views and replays of the course.
- Water splash is absent.
- When looking down into the water the player can see piranha plants deep underwater, these are still there from the base track (GCN Mario Circuit) and have not been removed.
- If looking back on 2-split-screen playing the camera position is under the ground and the players see only the floor.
|Version||Date of release||Information|
|RC2||2013-03-28||Hotfixes by Torran:|
|v1||2013-11-23||Update by Wiimm:|
Custom Track Distributions
This track is part of the following Custom Track Distributions:
- CTGP 2.8 (RC1)
- CTGP Revolution (RC1)
- CTGP Revolution v1.03 (RC2)
- CtocKartWii 3.0 (RC1)
- Wiimms Mario Kart Fun (Details)
Names in Other Languages
|Spanish:||Arroyo Kartwood (NTSC)|
Rancho Kartwood (PAL)