Ripping Models with Textures
|A 3D modeling program|
|SketchUp plugins||OBJ importer|
In this tutorial, you will find out how to rip track models WITH TEXTURES from Mario Kart Wii and other Wii games that use U8 archives. Before we get started, make sure you have all the software listed above.
First, make sure you have an ISO. If you don't, look here to help you.
First you need to make a folder called "courses". This is where you will save all the track szs'.
- Open up Dolphin.
- Right-click on the MKWii ISO, and then click on "Properties".
- Click on the top tab that says "Filesystem"
- Then open up Partition 1>Race>Course and then extract the course you want the model from. Remember to add the extension "szs" to the file so it saves as an SZS rather than a raw data file. Save in "courses" folder.
Using Wiimms ISO Tools
- Look here for info on how to do this.
- Open up WiiScrubber
- Click on "Load ISO" and load in the MKWii ISO
- Then open up Partition 1>Race>Course and then extract the course you want the model from. Save in "courses" folder
Extract the BRRES Viewer files into a folder.
Once your course is saved in the "courses" folder, then open it with SZS Explorer. Right click on course_model.brres or the object you want to rip and then click "Export". Save in the same folder as the BRRES Viewer.
Drag the course_model into the BRRES Viewer. Then right click on the model and then click "Load" model.
Before you export as an OBJ, make another folder called "course models". Then make a folder inside the "course models" folder called SZSNAME_course. Then export the model in BRRES Viewer here.
- Make sure you have the FluidImporter OBJ Importer installed.
- Open SketchUp
- File → Import then click OBJ
- Find your model and click Import
Using 3ds Max
- Open 3ds Max
- Click on the Autodesk icon in the top left corner
- Click Import and then import the OBJ.
Ending the Tutorial
Now you have your model with textures!
Hope this works for you and if you have any questions, just post on the talk page!