MKW Character Pack
From Custom Mario Kart
Revision as of 17:03, 30 January 2017 by Huili
|Date of Latest Version:||2016-10-04|
- Full sets of character hacks come first for all the characters in the Riivolution XML, followed by single or double characters. Both come alphabetically according to character.
- Huili suggests that you DO NOT enable all or a lot of characters. Why? Because if all 12 are selected, for example, your Wii might very well freeze. How can that be? Talking from experience, Huili knows that some of the file sizes of these characters in this character pack are larger than the original files, and that is why it will sometimes not load. So please be mindful of that as you select your characters for use online and on offline VS matches. Another reason is that the Wii is like a computer, which only has so much memory in it, it can only handle so much.
- If you're going to be using this character pack for time trials, however, you can enable all of them, because you're only using one character at a time.
- Keep in mind that if you want to enable anything from the Complete Character Sets option, they will each have their own set of vehicles. So if another character is enabled that is NOT from the Complete Character Sets, make sure it IS NOT OVER the same vehicle(s), otherwise it will freeze. The best thing to do is to have everything else disabled when that is enabled to avoid confusion. Another suggestion is to look at each folder on your sd card so you know what to select, which will take more time but if you really want to use a certain character please use caution.
- It is recommended that any character file with a size of 250kb should NOT be used online.
- After doing some research on clean mario kart wii characters, Huili has found that ma_bike-ds_2 (Daisy, 2nd player szs file, on Mach Bike) has the biggest filesize, at 178kb and la_bike-fk, being the most used but not 2nd biggest in filesize, comes in at 150kb on single player. So the further you get from those filesizes, the more likelier it is to blackscreen the wii.
|Version||Date of release||Information|