List of Tournament Tracks
Introduction (Nintendo WFC)
Twice a month, it was possible to connect to the Mario Kart Channel and receive a tournament to play. It was quite similar to Mario Kart DS's Mission Mode. The player went in one of the 43 available tracks and arenas and performed special tasks in altered versions of the tracks. Some of these tournaments have been cracked open and have been turned into custom tracks.
Unfortunately, not all tournaments are possible to be turned into custom tracks because some have requirements that would not work in a race properly, for example collecting all coins or passing through gates. This also includes tournaments that are the same as normal tracks (such as a kart-only race without item boxes, for example). Tournaments with backward tracks, races on battle arenas and harder versions of tracks are all possible to play on VS mode.
It is possible to rip tournaments from a save game file called wc24dl.vff, or MEM2 can be dumped with USB Gecko.
A list of all tournament information can be found here.
Tournament Custom Tracks
|GCN Cookie Land (Race)||MrBean35000vr|
|Delfino Pier (Race)|
|Grumble Volcano R||4TLPati|
|Mushroom Gorge R||Zachruff, ZPL|
|Toad's Factory R||Zachruff, ZPL|
Vulcanus2 found a way to play ripped tournaments via the original way using the Mario Kart Channel on 2011-03-25. This requires Riivolution v1.04 or later (for savegame patch) and savegame edit (with a hex editor).
- Tutorial on how to play old tournaments
- Rip a savegame using Riivolution v1.04 or later. You will get four files, but the important one is wc24dl.vff.
- Open the file in a hex editor and search for RKCT. Also open a RKC file with a hex editor, paste the whole content of the RKC file at the savegame (RKCT).
Scroll down to check if after the data are many zeros.
- If so, save the file and play it using a savegame.
- If not (when the file is smaller than the original), clear all data after it until you see the zeros.
- Note: the savegame must be ripped during a tournament (not after the deadline), otherwise the player will not be able to load it since the tournament has already finished.
- Tutorial on how to make a savegame patch/rip a savegame
- Put the XML in the "riivolution" folder.
- Rip: load the XML for the first time in "/mkwii" and it will create a folder called "saverip1", with four savegame files.
- Patch: load it and the four files will be used instead of the old savegame.
- Note: Riivolution v1.04 or later is required.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <wiidisc version="1"> <id game="RMC" disc="0" version="0"> <region type="P"/> <region type="E"/> <region type="J"/> <region type="K"/> </id> <options> <section name="Saverip/patch for tournaments" > <option id="Patch savegame" default="0"> <choice name="Slot 1" > <patch id="savepatch1 /> </choice> </option> </section> <patch id="savepatch1" > <savegame external="/mkwii/saverip1" clone="true" /> </patch> </wiidisc>
Competitions (Tournaments) on Wiimmfi
On 2016-05-10, competitions (tournaments) were revived for Wiimmfi. Leseratte developed the code and also collected all of Nintendo's files. Only one of the original competitions is currently missing. Further information can be found here.