Wiimms Mario Kart Fun 2020-02
|Type:||ISO Patcher &|
|Wii IDs:||RMCE43, RMCP43, RMCJ43, RMCK43|
|Arenas:||10 custom battle arenas|
|Tracks:||32 Wii + 347 custom tracks|
This is the anniversary edition of MKW-Fun. Exactly 10 years ago, on February 14, 2010, the very first distribution of MKW-Fun (MKW-Fun 2010-02) was published by Wiimm in collaboration with Jillian. At that time they had to swap the tracks in manual and painstaking work with WiiScrubber. Since Wiimm definitely didn't want to do that again, he started to implement the creation of the images in WIT tools.
At that time there were 10 arenas plus 32 tracks. Due to the lack of custom tracks, there were many texture and model hacks. MKW-Fun 2020-02, on the other hand, contains 10 battle arenas plus 32 original tracks plus 347 custom tracks, which are divided into 2 Battle Cups and 96 Racing Cups. Compared to the predecessor MKW-Fun 2019-10, there are 24 new tracks and 28 updates. 5 tracks are removed.
There are also some new features in LE-CODE: For example, Goombas are restored to scaled size after hit and the position tracker is hidden in some parts of the race. In addition, there are other new features that are very interesting for track creators. One of them is the enlargement of the effective range of items in the online game, so that »The Plain of Atlantis« is included.
The next MKW-Fun will appear on June 18th. On this day, Wiimmfi runs exactly 2231 days. And that is exactly the number of days with which the original MKWii could be played on the original Nintendo/Gamespy server. So another anniversary!
- 2010-02-14 (exact 10 years ago)
- The very first Mario Kart Fun released.
- 2020-02-02, Test
- A first test version with item cheats.
- 2020-02-08, RC1
- Final track selection.
- 10 custom arenas.
- 347 custom tracks (24 new, 28 updated).
- Release candidate without item cheats.
- 2020-02-14, v1
- Official release, based on LE-CODE build 15
- 2020-03-06, v2
- LE-CODE update to fix 2 bugs:
- Fixed the hide-position-tracker functionality for 4:3 screens.
- Fixed a freeze bug that occasionally occurs when a player leaves a room and the current track uses the hide-position-tracker feature.
- Track list with slots
- Track list as web page
- Download v2 (508 MB, unpack with any 7z/xz tool)
- Alternatively download update from v1 to v2 as ZIP file (850kB) or as TGZ file (460kB)
- Copy both files of the archive to the directory of v1 (place, where patch.tar resided). File param.sh is replaced and patch2.tar is new.
- Start script create-image.bat or create-image.sh as usual.
- Installation Guide (en)
- Installations-Anleitung (de)
List with all custom arenas and tracks: https://ct.wiimm.de/dis/111
New LE-CODE features
- Full implementation of new Extended presence flags including the simulation of scenarios.
- Goombas restored to scaled size after hit.
- Finish cut scene for team races fixed.
- Loading minigame.kmg from track's szs.
- For online races, the range for items can be increased to larger values than ±131071 (see LEX:SET1).
- The position tracker can be hidden dependent on offline/online, current lap and current check point (see LEX:HIPT).
Tracks using these new LE-CODE features
- Woodboxes with alternative heights.
- Using Extended presence flags to switch between standard and special Woodboxes.
- Using Extended presence flags to enable alternative fireballs, so that fireballs and Bowser are synchronized offline and online.
- Alternative skaters by modifying model and ObjFlow.bin.
- Using Extended presence flags to enable alternative skaters.
- Using LEX:SET1 to increase the usable area of the items if playing online.
- Using LEX:CANN for faster cannons.
- Added second start point to display the finish line at correct position.
- Using LEX:HIPT to hide the position tracker during start phase.
Bash 'n' Dash 'n' Battle