Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, Click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Hi TravixMan! It seems the model I've modded for King K. Rool that I found on a modpack is yours and Gito's. Here's the story behind what I did. Atlas suggested I get in touch with you. Hopefully you will accept that I publish my modifications on this wiki!
- I have gotten the la_bike-kp.szs file from the folder kkrool on a modpack I found a while ago. I saw that the textures are named after Dry Bowser and the animations are also his.
- I've applied the same models and the textures to the 11 other possible vehicle combinations
- I've added in the sounds into revo_kart file using sound effects I ripped from DK 64
- I've replaced Bowser's menu icon and race icon with custom King K. Rool images off the net
Would you be so kind as to letting me know wether I may edit the King K. Rool page and add in a link to my version? Thanks!
Hi TravixMan! Congratulations on your birthday! I hope you are having a fantastic day. Just wanna say, I really love your custom characters and good luck to you making characters in the future! 🚗 MarkAlbertsma03 (talk) 08:55, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hey, MarkAlbersma03! I'm having a pretty great day so far, and your message really made my day even better. Thank you! --TravixMan (talk) 09:05, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hello XanderKartWii, I have stated on my profile page that I do not do requests as I have many mods that I still need to finish. Since you have neglected to read that part and ask for requests anyway, I cannot fulfill these requests. I have also seen your posts on other talk pages asking for requests and I find that it may be annoying for other creators, especially if they have not been on the wiki in years (like Baoulettes) or if they explicitly post that they cannot do requests (like myself). I apologize when I say this, but there is no reason for me to do these requests. --TravixMan (talk) 01:48, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- Hello XanderKartWii. As I have stated on my profile page that I have a lot of mods that I need to finish, I cannot help you with your project. --TravixMan (talk) 21:14, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
Help on fixing lighting issues for custom characters
Just thought I should throw this question on here. I have issues with lighting on some custom characters. Different objects of the character have different lighting. You can see an example of this on my Wiggler mod and older versions of my Quagsire mod. This would cause issues if I wanted to use eye animations, because those would require a different object and material for the eyes, causing my issue. I see that the Oshawott mod uses different objects and materials and doesn't have the lighting issues that I have, so I know there's a solution, but nobody else has been able to give it to me. HackStarz (talk) 21:33, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- since you use 3ds max, before you start rigging, go to the wrench icon on the right, and then click on reset xform, and a little button pops up saying Reset Selected click on that. your lighting should not look trash. if you have discord, i can give you my special shaders and these color nodes travixman gave me so that can help too. オッドゾフ (talk) 15:19, 16 January 2021 (UTC)
Fully Selecting Models
When I go on Blender and try to select models, it doesn't fully select the model like below:
Boom Boom and Pom Pom
Hi TravixMan and a big thank you for the Koopalings sprites, songs or icons, it's very usefull. If you make custom character, can you make Boom-Boom and Pom-Pom Koopa, the 2 bosses of Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World ? You can make Boom-Boom on Diddy Kong or Donkey Kong's bones and Pom-Pom on the Koopa troopa's bones. Another Thanks for your good job,
PS: Please send me an answer fast, i'm so exited!!!!
- Hello, The Hacker! I apologize for being late, I've been at work all day today. I am glad you enjoy my mods of the Koopalings. Thank you for your support! As for your request, I apologize but I do not take requests anymore as I already have a large list of characters that I am still finishing up. My profile even states that I do not take requests. However, Boom Boom and Pom Pom are two characters that, while they are not on my list, I have been thinking of trying to port into Mario Kart Wii. Since the models that exist have way too high of a polysize, I've actually been waiting for them to be ported into Mario Kart Tour so I could use their lower poly models. Whenever I get my hands on lower-poly models for them, then I could port them. --TravixMan (talk) 05:52, 18 March 2022 (UTC)
- Hum, yeah, I understand.
- Thanks for trying!
- Thé Hacker
PS : that's so Bad that tour can't put Boom and Pop in Mario Kart and I would them in Mario Kart Tour! But thé Koopalings are cool, seriously.
Heeey I actually am seeing for uploading a distribution Could i use the koopalings models + sounds pls? (I modded icons myself) Tho i won't put Ludwig for now since i still can't get his voice over Yoshi