I dont see the reason why a CT needs a Mirror download link when no track uses it.
Tock 22:46, 11 March 2012 (CET)
I expected that people would use mirrors eventually, but it never happened. I added that option because it is traditional to prevent broken links in other development communities in case a link goes dead or bandwidth is exceeeded. But seeing as no one uses it here, I'll remove it. ---Jefe 22:55, 11 March 2012 (CET)
- That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, if I add any new fields to the template, it will create errors on all pages that use it, although that could be fixed via bot. Keep in mind though, this template is also used for other types of pages, not just CTs. Back when I made this one I tried to cover as many bases as I could think of while keeping it generalized for different types of pages.
- With all the reorganizing that's going on, it's probably a good time to evaluate our current info templates. I think the difficulty field is only marginally useful since it is subjective. People can get a good idea of difficultly by looking at a video of the level. A field like "Replaces," "Slot" "Special Requirements" would be better, I think. --Jefe (talk) 07:25, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's possible, that the template ignores no set fields using a second simple template for a single table row.
- On the other hands, many authors doesn't know about the details of slots. Most slots differ only in sound effects. I think, a slot recommendation shuld only given, if a) a track runs only on a special slot or b) a track uses the special sound effects of a slot.
- Wiimm (talk) 07:48, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
wbz-id / wbz-ref
I added a new tag: wbz-ref. It's an alternative to wbz-id and defines a link to ct.wiimm.de. In contrast, wbz-id defines additionally a back-link from ct.wiimm.de the the current page. Only one wbz-id for a specific ID should be used. Otherwise back-link becomes ambiguous.
At this page you see the result of a bot that collects all wbz-id. Entries beginning with a # are duplicates that are ignored (only the smallest page id is used, but this may be wrong). Using wbz-ref can resolve the conflict.
- Forgotten to tell: Some of the duplicates must be resolved by splitting the families. That's my job. -- Wiimm (talk) 22:45, 5 March 2022 (UTC)
- I don't think this is necessary. Most of these are just results of families accidentally getting combined, and some of the other ones (like the two texture hacks of The Chamber) should not have a WBZ-ID at all since no versions of them are on your archive. Trainiax (talk | contribs) 22:53, 5 March 2022 (UTC)
- If you mean wbz-ref: It is not necessary if all references and all families at ct.wiimm.de are set correctly. It's only needed when some additional pages link to ct.wiimm.de. And it was necessary when I fixed some links yesterday after changing the bot to view ambiguous references. -- Wiimm (talk) 14:49, 6 March 2022 (UTC)