Hey, welcome to my user page! I have quit Mario Kart Wii modding for good after the update of Northern Heights to v2.0.
I originally started involving myself in custom track creation in 2017; however, I was impatient and would have my tracks always crash. I eventually gave up and started working with Super Smash Bros Brawl modeling. I was unaware of Discord, the Wiiki, and assumed track creators were always few and far between, with no method to contact them. Then, in 2018, I returned back to custom track creation and joined a custom track creators server on Discord, which I found on a Mario Kart Wii website. I was made aware of this site and got to know many other creators. I initially worked with SketchUp, but grew more and more frustrated with how slow and clunky it could be. I knew of Blender's existence for a few years but found it too difficult. However, I transitioned to it in the course of several months by challenging myself to learn it, replacing parts of creation in SketchUp with creation in Blender. I finally was able to master it during the creation of Castle of Hope.
Even though I have quit Mario Kart Wii modding, I would still appreciate it if you contacted me on Discord to update any of my tracks that are not bugfixes.
I will not tolerate any disrespect towards my work, such as:
- Stealing models, objects, etc. that I myself made,
- Leaking my unreleased projects,
- Making texture hacks/track edits of my tracks without permission,
- Porting my tracks to other games.
I unfortunately had to add this disclaimer back due to recent events.
Please note: These permissions only apply to my solo projects. To avoid any conflict with anyone I collaborated with (even if they merely made the track concept), please do not take anything or modify tracks that I worked on with someone else. You may only put them in your distributions.
You are allowed to:
- Take textures, materials, and shaders from my tracks, except the lightning and clouds in Northern Heights. None of my track textures are originally mine, and the ones I do make are usually simple recolors or minor edits of existing textures. There's no point in keeping them for myself.
- Fix bugs in my tracks without permission. If you are changing something that is not a bug, or are unsure of whether something is a bug, please ask for permission.
- Include my finished tracks in your distributions.
These are projects that I unfortunately never finished during my modding "career". If you want to update these, just contact me and I will send you the necessary files.
|Update||Nuclear Winter Delfino Plaza||Visual improvements, gameplay changes||Collision and KMP needs to be finished.|
|Custom||Mario Kart Wii's Secret||Finishing the track||KMP and some custom object work needs to be finished.|
|Custom||Collapsing Castle Track||Creating the track||The track needs a new layout. The old one does not play well.|
|Update||Under the Dreadnought||Major gameplay changes, visual improvements||Layout is finished.|
|Update||Torrential Treetops||Fixing bumpiness|
|Custom||Eternity's Edge||Creating the track||I only have the layout done, as this is an unfinished Custom Track Jam entry (I made Mario Circuit - RTX On as a joke instead, since I was busy with school).|
|Custom||Unnamed Halloween Track||Fully modeling the track||This was an attempt to make something for Halloween of 2021. Due to lack of motivation, it never got finished.|
These are projects that either never got past an idea in my head or whose files are long gone. Feel free to make any of these a reality.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mario Circuit
- This was an attempt to make Mario Circuit from Super Smash Bros. Brawl a fun, lively custom track. I only made the road layout before deleting the project forever due to lack of interest.
-Alpine Mountain Remake
- I was halfway through modeling this track way back in early 2020 when I realized that this track is basically Rock Rock Mountain from Mario Kart 7.
-Traditional style Mario Circuit-esque Custom Track
- I fully modeled this before realizing that it was essentially a re-arranged GCN Mario Circuit. It was situated on a cliff overlooking a lake, and the lake would be surrounded by houses and roads.
-Castle of Hope v2.0
- I only got through modelling about 30% of the track. It would have featured less spirals, more open areas, a ceiling that wasn't miles above you, and a lot of texture and model changes.
- Not to be confused with Chomplabs. This was a factory that would have included a lot of Chomps rolling on conveyor belts like the Toad's Factory crates. It had an outside area as well with cranes. This was made a fully playable course, but due to issues with a custom casino roulette object, I gave up on it. I could go back and fix this now, but I have no motivation to ever finish that track (which was scrapped 3 years ago anyway).
-Beanstalk Castle alternate version
- A hypothetical version of Beanstalk Castle that would have included going inside the background castle, like Suzuka Circuit's regular and east course versions.
- A battle track based on Bear and me's v2.0 (the old 2019 remake) of Seasonal Circuit. I never released it due to my inability to make good enemy battle routes (and some material issues).
- This was merely a vague idea in my head based on Torrential Treetops.
-Autumn themed track
- An old, unfinished Custom Track Jam entry. I became sick on the last two days of the Jam and thus couldn't finish it. It would have had a drive through ruins and was inspired by Azshara (before the Cataclysm expansion) in World of Warcraft.
-Luigi's Cave remake
- A remake of AlphaMarioX's Luigi's Cave based on a concept he posted. The road and its surroundings were fully modeled, but I lost motivation to continue.
- A remake that would have included better gameplay and less grainy visuals. It never got past being a concept in my head.
-Mario Circuit 2 Remake
- A remake of this track which originally is made by MRbuttCHINSx11T7 and was planned after I made Beagle Plains. Due to the awkward layout of the original, I never got around to it. My philosophy on remakes of old tracks also changed, and now I believe that those types of remakes, unless it's your own track, are just a spit in the face to the original creator(s).
-Beagle Plains v3.0
- Would have featured actual dogs running around, a secret easter egg inside of the huge hill in the background, a halfpipe on the side of the road after the greenhouse, and a ton of fixes and visual changes from the original.
-Eastern Plaguelands-styled track
- An idea that tried to stand out from generic haunted/ghost tracks. Would have had orange fog, dead trees and a barren atmosphere. I couldn't think of anything interesting to include.
-Volcanic Skyway Remake
- A remake of one of the Volcanic Skyway tracks, except the volcano would have been erupting, with a smoldering sky, burning plants and lava obstacles. I didn't know how to make going inside an erupting volcano work nor have any ideas for the section in the sky.
-Backwards Mario Kart Wii tracks
- A whole 32 track pack of backwards courses from Mario Kart Wii. The twist is that shortcuts, course model elements, and item positions would be altered to be reversed as well. New shortcuts and alternate routes would have been added and some regular shortcuts would have been removed so it would be more than just playing the tracks backwards. It doesn't take a genius to realize how much effort this would have been, especially since I was the only author. I only finished Luigi Circuit. The nail on the (already sealed) coffin was the release of Mario Kart Wii R (ZPL).
-Paint Kart Wii
- An April Fool's texture hack where all the textures in every Nintendo track would have been poorly remade in Paint. I got through a few tracks before giving up due to how much of a slog it was. Once again, this was way too much work.
-Obstacle Kart Wii
- An April Fool's joke where I spam firebars, pipes, goombas etc. in every Nintendo track.
Castle of Hope – Torrential Treetops – Grubhub Ad but it's in Mario Kart Wii – 1-1 but it's in Mario Kart Wii – Boulder Crossing – POV: Yro'ue Fighting Japan in WWII – Northern Heights
Shortcut Practice Pack
Publicly Available Custom Track Jams Entries:
Violin Route – Chomplabs – Land's End Festival – Under the Dreadnought – Sherbet Ice Shelf – Mario Circuit - RTX On – Desert Bus 2: The Bus is Sus – Dizzy City – End Time
Disney World Mayhem – Interstellar War – Verdant Wilds – Godzilla's Assault – Driving is so 2008 – N64 Bowser's Castle (Lovelifeandtpose024) – Sheet Cake Quarry – Space Jam Stadium
Citrus's Overgrown Lemon Garden – Custom Track Russian Roulette
Publicly Available Turbo Jams Entries:
Speedrun Grove – Warfare Way – Nuclear Winter Delfino Plaza – 5 P.M. Los Angeles Traffic – Prison Maze Escape – Banana Slips on Man – Donkey Kong - Drum Conquest – Northern Heights Demake