Jump to navigation Jump to search
Formatting and signing the talk
- Each talk line should be prefixed by one or more colons (:). The number of colons defines the level of indention.
- Sign you talk with 4 tildes: ~~~~. In general there are 3 up to 5 tildes possible. If storing the page they will be replaced:
Date Format YYYY-MM-DD
Many countries has its own date and time representation. To make date representation unambiguous the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published ISO 8601 in 1988. They recommended the new date format "YYYY-MM-DD":
- This date format wasn't used before so there are no conflicts to other national date representations.
- The four digit year avoid misinterpretations of month and year.
- The high significant part (=year) is on the left like numbers. This means easy sorting.