MKWii Network Protocol/Server/Wiimmfi-Patcher
To patch an Image for the new server, you have to download Wiimms patching tool from his website:
- Download for Mario Kart Wii (10 MB, 2014-07-04)
- Download for Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Download for WiiWare games
- Download for other games (3 MB, 2014-07-04)
Wiimm's Patchers (MKW and generic) also work with the AltWFC server.
Your Wii requires homebrew, a USB Loader (and it's requirements), and a copy of the image on a USB memory stick/hard drive.
Now follow these steps to patch Mario Kart Wii, Animal Crossing: City Folk or other games to the new server:
- Extract the content of the archive to any folder.
- Copy all images you want to patch into this folder.
- Windows users should start the create-image.bat, and Linux/Mac users should start the create-image.sh.
- All games should be placed in the same folder as create-image.bat/sh. Once complete, the image will be in wiimmfi-images, unless patcher specifies otherwise
Playing from a real disc
MrBean35000vr has developed a "Wiimmfi Patcher" homebrew app to play Wii games online from a real disc without the need to rip and patch an ISO. The user must have the Homebrew Channel installed in order to run this app.
Download for Wiimmfi Patcher v0.4 (191 KB)
You should take care about the following when using a patched image: