Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, Click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Wiiki Rules / Moderator Messages
Dolphin videos are considered inferior to Wii videos, since Dolphin videos can be inaccurate. Replacing them with Wii videos is highly encouraged, but you reverting such edits is not encouraged.
-- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 20:11, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
Author has more priority than you on what video they want for their page.
-- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 19:59, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
I think there should be better rules for the video thing, for example. I add my video to the wiki to show that DS Rainbow Road is not kart friendly, gets replaced by Remy's videos like always. Because Remy is Remy, and for example Demon and me add the videos for the wiki to help people. They get replaced all the time. And yes, Torran replaced my video for his because someone said that I think was you that it shows how dificicult it is with Wild Wing
-- I need to sleep from TheMetaPirate 20:34, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- Videos shall show people how the track looks and how it is to drive under normal conditions, just regular gameplay. But a video is not for showing that a track is harder with a specific vehicle. If you discovered any problems with a track, you should notify the author or write it on the talk page. You can also add a video there, but the gameplay video is not for that purpose.
- NiAlBlack (talk) 20:44, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- But that still does not make sense why did he do that
- User:TheMetaPirate 20:44, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- That's probably a better approach. I don't know Torran's motives for replacing some videos, however. I advise just leaving them there.
- -- Have a nice day, from ZillaSpaz 20:53, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
Right, I kinda thought that after my discussion with FunkyDude that people would have got the message, but as it seems this is still going on let me make this perfectly clear: If I ever see another one of these "hate polls" (http://strawpoll.me/544771) from a member of this community again then they will be banned from this wiki indefinitely. I am sick and tired of this cyber bullying that seems to have gotten so popular recently among people here, and so help me I am not about to let it continue. Remove this poll. Now. The next time I see one of these (from ANYONE) they will be instantly banned with no prior warning or negotiation. So feel free to go tell all your little troll friends the score here, because I am done trying to be polite about this. -- WorldsBoss (talk) 15:56, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
You can not delete polls and ok I will stop, and can you tell me you sended you that? -- TheMetaPirate (talk) 15:59, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
Sunset Rocks Video
I updated Sunset Rocks to version 2.1 and the bad textures shown in your video are now replaced for the normal ones. Why do you keep placing your video with bad textures over my Dolphin video with good textures?
--JorisMKW (talk) 16:13, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- Read the YouTube Video Guidelines:
- "Direct video capture from a Wii is preferred, especially for the primary video. Emulated videos are generally allowed as long as the video doesn't hide major flaws that would appear on a real Wii system. Emulated videos also must state that they are captured using an emulator in the title. (Beta 2 (Dolphin))"
- Your Dolphin video hides the texture bugs that appear on a real Wii and so they're not allowed.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 14:30, 26 July 2014 (UTC)