Welcome to the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Thank you for joining the Custom Mario Kart Wiiki!
Before you get started, click here to read the Rules page.
Keep the following in mind as you contribute to the site:
- Make good edits. Always use the SHOW PREVIEW button to check your changes before you use the SAVE button. If you make a mistake, wait 15 minutes before saving the same page a third or fourth time in a row.
- Saving lots of edits without PREVIEWING will get the moderators on your case, and can get you banned from the Wiiki.
- If you plan to update a lot of pages in a short period of time, please clear it with a moderator first.
- Write articles in third person (using words like he, she and they) instead of first person (I, me and we.) User pages and talk pages are the exceptions to this rule.
- Use correct grammar, spelling and capitalization.
- If someone posts on your talk page, please post a reply.
- Sign all of your posts on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will turn into your name and the time you wrote the comment.
- Don't delete anything from your talk page.
- Use the Templates on the Main Page when making new articles for content such as Custom Tracks, Texture Hacks, Characters and other releases.
- We encourage all content makers to create a User Link to put on their release pages and to add it to the Author List.
Have you been trying to supply download links for Mansion of Madness (RC1) and Sky Beach (RC6)? The respective download links give me the sign-in page and not the files, which means they do not work. --KantoEpic (talk) 05:34, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Also, you should not make more than two edits within a 15 minute time period, which you can see within the "Welcome!" message. If you want to add working download links, I think it is better to do so in one edit rather than multiple edits. --KantoEpic (talk) 06:40, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
Adding on to this, there was no reason to replace the existing link on Desert Strip v1.0. The link you uploaded was the exact same as the one already up there, and it's evident you just reuploaded it but onto MediaFire, even down to the name being the same. There's no reason to do that, especially since (personally) IceDrive is better than MediaFire. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 13:46, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
- I just put in icedrive links for desert strip instead of media fire ones --Unsigned comment by Blake (talk).
- ok --Unsigned comment by Blake (talk).
Hi Trainiax when I downloaded desert strip v1.0 the download link worked but the file wasn't working when I tested it on the Wii Blake (talk) 17:17, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
- Did you rename it to old_desert_ds? Also, if it doesn't work, I just took it off of Wiimm's database and converted compression from WBZ to SZS. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 17:18, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
Yes I renamed it to old_desert_ds but when i opened the file there was nothing in the szs file Blake (talk) 17:20, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
- Could you try redownloading now and seeing if it works? I changed something that may have been an issue. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 17:27, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
I just tried redownloading it and it worked thanks but how did you fix it? Blake (talk) 17:29, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
- I had to change the compression type. I used Wiimm's SZS Tools and just converted it to a U8 (SZS) file, but I didn't change the compression from BZ to YAZ0. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 17:51, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
Can you also please download the version beta of mansion of madness wbz file and convert it to a szs file and put the link on the wiki? Hi Trainiax thank you for putting the download links on mansion of madness can you please do the same thing with melting magma melee Blake (talk) 15:29, 8 October 2020 (UTC) Can you please do the same thing with the chamber and yoshi mountain? Blake (talk) 16:56, 8 October 2020 (UTC) Can you do the same for Molten Mountainway Blake (talk) 17:46, 8 October 2020 (UTC) Can you do the same for crystal dungeon, river of dreams, divine temple, rush city run, subspace factory, sunny island, & ice cream sweetland Blake (talk) 18:53, 8 October 2020 (UTC) Can you also download beta 2.ctgp of canyon run and convert it to szs and put it on the wiki Blake (talk) 13:09, 9 October 2020 (UTC) Can you also do the same for GBA Yoshi Desert by metaknight2550, the rabbit hole, lost fortress, volcano beach, castle of time, disco fever Blake (talk) 15:32, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- Working on adding these, however Beta 2.ctgp of Canyon Run won't be added since unofficial versions that only change speed modifier or lap count aren't added, as per KantoEpic. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 20:14, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
Ok but can you please send me the szs file link to canyon run beta2.ctgp and can you do the same for daisy gardens Blake (talk) 21:23, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
Thanks but what are the changes in that track version and why sometimes there is no wbz file for a certain version of a track for example there is no wbz file for glacial bay rc1? Blake (talk) 21:34, 9 October 2020 (UTC) Blake (talk) 21:33, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- The only change is that the speed mod is set to x1.2 instead of x1.0. And for that reason it's just that Wiimm missed it. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 21:53, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
Oh ok but is there any way to get it back or notBlake (talk) 21:56, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- I could not find a working download link for RC1 when I cleaned the page. --KantoEpic (talk) 22:36, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- Oh that's okBlake (talk) 22:40, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
- Only way would be for the original author to come back and release or someone else who has it to upload it. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 23:18, 9 October 2020 (UTC)
Can you also add download links to autumn forest and autumn race way Blake (talk) 02:55, 10 October 2020 (UTC) can you also put links for riverview square Blake (talk) 03:42, 11 October 2020 (UTC) Can you add download links to riverview square, autumn forest, and autumn raceway? Blake (talk) 15:37, 15 October 2020 (UTC)
Editing Too Fast
Please stop editing Blake's CT Pack so much. You are publishing edits way too fast. Please use the "Show Preview" button and only save the page when you are finished. Trainiax/SwampyGator (talk) 22:22, 11 October 2020 (UTC) Wheres the show preview button Blake (talk) 22:26, 11 October 2020 (UTC) Never mind I found it Blake (talk) 22:31, 11 October 2020 (UTC)
You are welcome to add your distribution to the "Custom Track Distributions" section of various custom track pages when the distribution gets released. However, as of this message, it has not been released yet. It would be very misleading, to be honest. --KantoEpic (talk) 05:40, 18 October 2020 (UTC)
- But I put in progress instead of released Blake (talk) 05:42, 18 October 2020 (UTC)
- Oh ok but how would it be misleading Blake (talk) 05:46, 18 October 2020 (UTC)