OK thanks Wiimm, I didn't remove anything because I wasn't sure if I removed only the Sunset Ridge release or the entire 26/12 day.
Igorseabra4 17:25, 1 January 2012 (CET)
- No problem ... there are only some people who clean up the main news. Wiimm 17:58, 1 January 2012 (CET)
Um, for what reason was this page locked for? I understand that bots (Or something else?) may add your news at some point, but still. I would havereally liked for DS Shroom Ridge's news to be up at it's release, not wait for some bot to take care of it. Sure, I see this blocks random news about texture hacks or pointless things, but things like that can be easily removed by Wiki mods or members. Remember this conversation?  . That was an idea to let users edit the news without editing the page itself. Moderators can put there news up as soon as it's fresh, while others have to wait. Why not create a separate ranking system that normal users can be upgraded to to be allowed to edit this page? Whether or not this is too big of a deal about this, I see no clear reason why this action took place in the first place. --SuperMario64DS 04:25, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
It was khacker's idea for the bot to edit the page. I think his reasoning is that since so many people forget to edit both news pages, it would be better for regular users just to make just one edit. The problem is that the bot isn't run all that often. That's why I changed the text to say the bot or moderators will update the page. But really? It's not a big deal. Just be patient. --Jefe 06:10, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- I enabled user edits again, because the bot is sometimes very very late. Also there were never problems with the user edits.
- Wiimm 14:36, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
Could anyone update this? I posted something 16 hours ago, but it still isn't here, that is kinda annoying... -- NiAlBlack 13:32, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
Over a day has passed since GBA Bowser Castle 2 (Odie5776) was added to News 2015 and it is still not here. There is NO reason this should be locked. Yes, there is vandalism, but the bot (when it is active) will just blindly copy it from News 2015 to here. Wasn't the entire point of creating this template a way for non-moderators to add news to the Main Page? --Snιvy (talk|contribs) 04:28, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- Now again the news havn't been added to this template and maczkopeti have added the latest news. Is kHackerBOT active? It says it is offline.
Wexos (talk) 07:22, 10 August 2015 (UTC)
Releases Skipped Twice
I uploaded the Koopalings v0.5 on July 10th and the news were not updated. Two days have passed and it is still missing, but other users' content were on the news for that day. This reminds me of when my Shrek mod was updated to v2.0, and that has not been marked to this day. It seems that my releases get skipped on purpose or something, because this page lock is ridiculous. --TravixMan (talk) 02:53, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
- I didn't see any of those on News 2016. You have to add it there before a moderator can add it to this template.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 07:17, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
Hasn't Been Updated Recently
Since Huili released 52 custom track updates today − which is a lot − what should the exact limit be for released tracks and updates before using the following message: <user> updated/released <number> custom tracks. See News <year> for details.? --KantoEpic (talk) 20:57, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- No rule, only intuition, because it is too long for the main page. In the past I did this some times to shorten the text: 2017-11-30 and 2017-11-26 -- Wiimm (talk) 21:29, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Thought about it (my opinion): The short info of yesterday is better than the edits of the link. Generally I think, that news should stay 5-7 days. So the limit depends on the number of the entries of the last 6-7 days. If there are really much news, use ≥4 to replace the single news. But 10 news may be possible if it is quiet.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 05:11, 6 July 2018 (UTC)