Talk:Sunset Desert (BigOto2)
V2 suggest, that it is the optimized successor of V1. But this is wrong. V2 is a remake and a different track! So I think we should create a new page Sunset Desert (MEGAKart69) and move the old page to Sunset Desert (BigOto2). It's like the retro tracks with multiple remakes.
- Normally remakes are put on the same page. Shouldn't this also be put here, or is the layout different? If the layout is new and different than the original, then I think it should be on a separate page.
--Wexos (Talk | Contribs) 21:03, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
- Both tracks have a similar racing line, but they are different. And V1 is clearly better than V2 in different aspects. In deed, V2 is more a Beta of a new variant, but it is never a successor and also not a fork.
- The problem is, that new visitors are lead to V2 (and its download), the more worst version.
- I already suggested years ago to split always different remakes to different pages. It should be handled like different retro tracks. Examples are N64 Kalimari Desert or GCN Yoshi Circuit.
- -- Wiimm (talk) 21:20, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
I made a new page for it anyways. There might be other pages on the wiiki that could use its own page now that you guys mention it, like Headlong Skyway for one. But I'm not comfortable doing disambiguation pages or redirects, guess I'll leave that up to you, because I think I could get clumsy doing that stuff, and I'm still learning this wiiki.Huili (talk) 23:22, 15 May 2017 (UTC)