Talk:SNES Koopa Beach 2 (Zilla)
Not sure if you're aware of this Zilla but having a track that isn't 3 laps will fail to track the positions of the racers correctly when used online. Basically, the game knows where everyone is until the lap2 trigger happens, after which time it will say that everyone is in 1st place. I know you're trying to make it 5 laps so I would suggest that to fix the position tracker you could try putting the lap 2 and 3 lapcounts right near the end of the 5th lap, or alternatively just make it 3lap to avoid any such problems :P. That being said, I really like what you've done with this track so far and I'm impressed with those cheep cheeps! -- WorldsBoss 15:14, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- It's worse than I thought. I wasn't trying to make it think it was lap 3 the entire time. It was supposed to be lap 1. I wasn't going to do only 3 laps, because the course is far too short. Does anyone know the proper way to do more than 3 laps? Zilla 17:25, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- Personally I think that 3 laps would be better. In the ds version there were only 3 laps too and the course was even shorter than your port. If you want it to take longer to complete I'd recommend you to increase the scale instead. But it's up to you. -- NiAlBlack 22:28, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- I'm in agreement with NiAlBlack on this one, however if you do want to make it 5lap then all the lap triggers would need to be at the end. As a result of this, many people will race the track and be like "Wtf? No lap count until right near the end?" and assume it's a glitch. To make the track seem more professional I would highly recommend 3lap until there becomes a way to edit the number of laps (if that ever does happen ofc). -- WorldsBoss 22:49, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- The lap triggers are at the end.. I don't why it counts at the beginning. Tock's GCN Baby Park doesn't do that, I think. Okay, I'll include a 3 lap version. Online is 3 laps, but I will keep the 5 lap offline version if anyone wants to correct it. Thanks for your opinions and feedback everyone. Zilla 22:54, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- There is a positioning bug if playing online and if a track contains more than 1 lap counter in the CKPT section: If a player crosses the lap count, he is counted as "position 1" independent of it's real position. That's bad for the item roulette. So it is mandatory to place the first lap counter behind the last itembox row.
- Wiimm 11:28, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- I don't understand this. Lap counter or Key Checkpoint? Anyway, is this for Beta 1? Or is this no longer a problem in the outside update to RC1? If it still is, I'm taking it down and I'll try to fix it myself. Zilla 19:01, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- Those are 1 Lap tracks. I already have SM64 Tall Tall Mountain working with only one lap; I know how to do that. This is five laps and the Key Checkpoints with ID 0 are all technically at the end for Beta 1. Anyway, I don't know how to do this properly, so I don't care about Beta 1 right now. I wanted to know if there is a need for RC1, because it looks very similar to Beta 2. Zilla 10:21, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
The description says lap count is fixed, but it wasn't wrong in Beta 2, I think. Proof please? Zilla 11:10, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Version mismatch: I own beta1, beta2 and RC1, but RC1 is not listed.
- Wiimm (talk) 21:11, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- RC1 is an unofficial version by Rukasudo90. Only 1 day after I released Beta 2, he made RC1 without my permission. RC1 claims to fix lap count, but I think I already fixed it in Beta 2. No one has verified if RC1 is actually more stable than Beta 2. If you think RC1 works better than Beta 2, please post the download as the latest version, until I make v1.
- ZillaSpaz (talk) 21:55, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
This track freezes after course selection is it the SDHC card I'm using or is it because it's in the wrong slot (I used GBA Shy Guy Beach slot.)
--MitsySueG24 02:01, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
- You used a wrong slot, GBA Shy Guy Beach doesn't work for CT, Moonview Highway doesn't work either.--Gilc 01:41, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
- Um, Mitsy... have you ever read this? Please just take the time to read the entire page on Special Slots. Please. If my tracks need a Special Slot, I would say so in the Overview. My only track so far that needs a Special Slot is SNES Ghost Valley 1...
- Also, sign all of your posts on all talk pages with four tildes (~~~~)
- ZillaSpaz 01:57, 3 February 2013 (UTC)