I am also on school now! BTW, good. I an gonna follow the rules.
PC Freak 11:01, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
Custom Track Rules
This is not you decision. You can not define rules for things that not belongs you. And why not editing a CT of other authors? They have also edited Nintendos tracks without explicit permission. What is the difference?
Hanno 15:09, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
- Nintendo Tracks aren't updated for over 6 month :P. If you dont agree to the rules you dont need to visit this page anymore. BigOto have problems with one Person that claims Pipe Underground as his own work. You can call this Rules "the honor of the Hacker life". Btw. do you think someone would release a new CT when other peoples claim the CT as their own one and would only change a little thing. Some Creators (like Baoulettes [Teknik team] and me) spend over 150 hours on our GCN Ports and we dont want that someone edit only one little thing that takes 5 minutes.
- The newest CTs aren't based on Nintendo tracks anymore btw.
- Tock 15:23, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
- The 6 months rule applies to every CT if the creator didn't say something else, than everyone is happy :P.
- Vulcanus2 15:42, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
- I think, Hanno is right. If I take a a track of Vulcanus2 and modify it, it's business between Vulcanus2 and me and rules of Tock haven't any impact to this. Only legislative can do such things. If ever, it may be a proposal or etiquette.
- Wiimm 16:08, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
- Yeah you are right with the "proposal or etiquette" thing. But the fun fact: Every Custom Track Creator would/have agree/d to these rules :P. When you spoke to the Creators and changed something there is no problem.
- Tock 16:23, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
Wiiki Rule 5
- 1 edit per 30 min -- I know what you want, but if editing technical info, this rule will be broken. Everyone who makes a large edit will break the rule.
- Overall I think, the new rule is contra productive, because if anyone finds an error after editing, he wil nit change it because of the new rule.
- btw: What do you think about my "News Rules" (see last section)
- Wiimm 22:42, 6 October 2011 (CEST)
- I'm only reader of the wiki and do only some few edits, most corrections. But yesterday I have 2 edit in 5 minutes.
- I think too, this rule is waste. If anyone have much to say, he has multiple edits in a view minutes, even in one page. The only problem is, that some people not using the preview function and have multiple edits for single characters. Then speak with the people, but please remove this rule.
- Hanno 07:14, 7 October 2011 (CEST)
- I think a more reasonable rule is no more than 3 edits on a particular page in 24 hours. I think that would cover most legit edits, but slow down people who don't preview or proofread. Isn't it possible to change the wiki settings so it's automatic? It would also be helpful to add a little reminder at the bottom of the editing template. Like this:
- STOP! Are you sure that's what you want to say? You are only allowed to edit this page 3 times in a 24 hour period, so try to get it right the first time. Proofread your work before pressing submit! --Jefe 11:49, 7 October 2011 (CEST)
- Do you guys think now its okay? @Wiimm: I think i have a better idea :P you will see what i mean^^. @Jefe: i will see what i can do.
- Tock 22:49, 7 October 2011 (CEST)
- Personally, I think that the rule should somewhat stand as it is, but to also make a point where with talk pages, you are allowed to edit 3 times in the 15 mins, but only if someone else makes an edit before you make the third edit, and that your edit is regarding what that person had just said. - Ah2190, the Master of Nitrous, (Talk page) posted at 12:58, 16 January 2012 (CET)
- Don't be angry. The moderators will not punish you if you make edit withs sense. This includes editing/writing large articles with more edits per time.
- Wiimm 17:49, 16 January 2012 (CET)
- Well, I'm not angry at all... although some automated way of telling if more than two edits are made by the same person within 15 mins might help speed up the process. Because otherwise, you have to constantly check the Recent Changes page to spot these quick edits. - Ah2190, the Master of Nitrous, (Talk page) posted at 00:09, 17 January 2012 (CET)
(Moved from User_talk:Jefe) Hey Jefe, can you talk to Tock about the new rule? It should say: "Anbody who edits a page more than twice in 15 minutes (Un-including talk pages) Will Be warned/banned by a Mod." Do you agree?
- The point of the rule is to cut down on unnecessary edits; that's why I mentioned ways improve on your user page. If you have a better suggestion that would accomplish the same goal, you should discuss it with him.--:Jefe 08:46, 20 October 2011 (CEST)
- Yes, I know that. But easily a Mod could look over someone who edited a talk page with different messages more than twice under 15 minutes and decide to take action. My point was for Talk Pages to be excluded from this rule since they are updated more frequently. It would be better if you discussed the topic with Tock yourself, rather than me since you're a Mod.
- -SuperMario64DS, 20:52, 20 October 2011 (CEST)
- I didn't notice your addition, I thought you were against that rule in general. Tock might like that idea. This should be on the Rules talk page rather than my page. --Jefe 21:05, 20 October 2011 (CEST)
What about a 4 time limit every hour? When looking at the edits made by Juan it's clearly as annoying as multiple times in 15 minutes. He just waited on the 15 minutes and is still flooding small edits which were not needed if he used the "Show Preview" button.
kHacker35000vr 14:11, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- It's a moderator job to warn him.
- I think, it's not a hard rule, only a guideline. The limit is ignored, if anyone edit technical/complex details or large articles. So changing makes no sense.
- Wiimm 14:21, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't do small edits...
- Check them,someone changed PAL/NTSC translation order,see them,I only changed back PAL/NTSC translation order and fixed bad translations.
- 08Juan80 14:24, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
I don't understand the meaning of "4. If somebody has there name in a slot for a custom track".
Hanno 08:56, 15 July 2011 (CEST)
- If someone want an new Etiquette/Rule he must post it here on the Talk Page.
- Tock 11:51, 15 July 2011 (CEST)
I have changed the navigation bar ;)
Wiimm 16:24, 30 June 2011 (CEST)
Oops! Sorry! I added that rule. What I mean't is that a few months ago, I posted on the
"List Of DS Retro Tracks" that I was making Figure 8 Circuit, and I was ALMOST finished with it,
but someone removed my name, and added theirs there.
SuperMario64DS 15:18, 15 July 2011 (CEST)
- It was MRbuttCHINSx11T7 because he has released this track. I my mind his edit was totally correct. If your track is ready, then we have 2 of them, like e.g. DS Waluigi Pinball.
- Wiimm 23:15, 15 July 2011 (CEST)
I will have a new rule set:
- Valid news (Main Page and News Page) are useful for the readers and have impact to them. News about new tracks, new distributions or new software are always valid news. New custom models or pictures haven't any impact for the users and are accepted rarely and only if the picture is important.
- If creating a news on the Main Page put a copy at the News Page in the right place.
- Mark the main keyword (e.g. name of the track) as bold: '''name''' --unsigned edit by Wiimm 14:58, 2011 September 21
High Resolution Images and Bandwidth
I've noticed quite a few people uploading high resolution png images. Some of these images have been as large 1.5mb. That's as large as some CTs. Large images like these are unnecessary and use up Tock's bandwidth allotment, potentially costing him money. I propose that there be a limit of 250kb on image uploads. This could be changed in the wiki setting to disallow larger downloads. --Jefe 00:40, 27 January 2012 (CET)
Alternate Accounts & Ban Bypassing
I think there should be a rule against owning two accounts, period. If someone gets banned (Like in recent cases) they could just as easily find a Proxy Server and avoid punishment. Or if for some odd reason they decied that they could register alternative accounts to edit any page more often. With the exception of the accounts Tock Bot & Wuumm, I think that the creation of multiple accounts should be prohibited, and any violaters found trying to maliciously bypass the system or break rules with multiple accounts should be banned without warning forever/long periods of time depending on the severity of the case. -- SuperMario64DS, 22:39, 17 February 2012 (CET)
- @the whole X-goth shit: Everything started with MT Vortex. After 3 Account bans for different MT Vortex accounts (MT Vortex, MT vortex, MT*Vortex) he created his new X-goth accounts everything with his IP address. Now i blocked the IP here and i work on a "no access IP ban" for the Wiiki.
- @the Rule above: There is already the block reason "Abusing multiple accounts" so i don't think we need the new rule.
- Tock 13:15, 19 February 2012 (CET)
I don't understand this rule:
- Using "MKWCTs" Videos isnt allowed anymore. (Reason: When he uploads videos he put Links to the download in the description so people will download the old track even if there was an update to this track.)
If I read this more than once I have a lot of questions:
- What is the advantage of forbidding video?
- Is "MKWCTs" a special class of videos or simply all videos showing custom tracks?
- This rule will help to avoid links in the description?
- What's about video without such links?
For me this rule is senseless.
Wiimm 17:13, 10 March 2012 (CET)
- He's referring to this guy: MKWCTs.
- I've asked him in the past to link to wiki pages. He did change it on that video, but he continues his practice of linking directly to track downloads.--Jefe 19:12, 10 March 2012 (CET)
- Wiimm I made this rule because when people see the video of version 1 of track XYZ they will download Version 1 because of the description even if Version 2 is out.
- Tock 20:22, 10 March 2012 (CET)
- Now it's more clear. When I read this first I thought you will forbid all MKWCT = MKW Custom Tracks videos.
- Wiimm 20:34, 10 March 2012 (CET)
- Hey and if i link the download from my videos to wiki.tockdom.
- wiimaster35000vr 22:13, 10 March 2012 (CET)
Linking to wiki.tockdom.de isnt the best you could do but still would be better than direct linking. Linking to the track page is the perfect thing you can do.
Tock 23:42, 10 March 2012 (CET)
- Ok i will do it on my next videos.
- wiimaster35000vr 22:13, 10 March 2012 (CET)
Links that require logins/passwords
There should be a rule against these. There is no point in needing an account elsewhere or providing a download link that requires a password.
--Digital Monster, Guilmon35249vr 21:35, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
I've proposed a rewrite of the current rules to make them clearer. It might be a good idea to change or reorder some of them, or add to the list. Please add your suggestions, comments and concerns here.--Jefe 06:05, 16 August 2012 (UTC)
- accepted -- Wiimm 18:03, 16 August 2012 (UTC)