Talk:Position Jump Bug
From Custom Mario Kart
- Many Key Checkpoints create the Positionbug too.
- Key Checkpoint 00 = the lap counts there.
Tock 02:52, 7 January 2012 (CET)
- Then fix anything you find wrong. I'm Always posting from a 3DS, so I cannot paste/open tabs and ECT. Thank-you! -- SuperMario64DS, 03:18, 7 January 2012 (CET)
- Yeah... this needs work. You wrote this from the perspective of fixing your level; some of your advice is sort of bad, like starting the numbering from the spot where the 'position bug' occurs. It's better practice to start respawn 0 at the beginning of the track, and 1 at the next key checkpoint, etc., to avoid confusion.
- The focus of the article itself is too narrow. It should be broader or included as a part of the KMP Editing article, or a more general page about KMP-related bugs or common CT bugs/troubleshooting.--Jefe 03:33, 7 January 2012 (CET)
- Then please do add what you do feel is necessary. I'm sorry as always for incorrect information, but you must remember what I've told you before in the past. Please fix anything you find wrong. -- SuperMario64DS, 03:39, 7 January 2012 (CET)
- I have repaired several bugs of this and can divide then into some classes:
- The section linking was wrong. (This problem happens very often for enemy and item routes too.)
- The mandatory check points (mode values 1..254) are not in clear incremental order. This may also force a freeze.
- Usage of multiple lap counters (mode value 0) to make a shorter racer. This is not repairable!
- If a mandatory checkpoint covers to different parts if the route (happens often in circles).
- Bad combination of mandatory check points and respawn points.
- I would change the structure of the page:
- General Description
- Symptoms in players view
- Symptom I (e.g. switching positions)
- Symptom II (e.g. online, all player at position 1)
- Symptom III (e.g. after respawning)
- my list above...
- And the essence of this should be placed in the check point part of the tutorial.
- Wiimm 10:27, 7 January 2012 (CET)