Talk:MP9 Toad Road
From Custom Mario Kart
Ok, the map idea is based of an MP9 mini game (I think so, never played it), but is MP9 really a new class of retro tracks? At the other hand I know, that the planned name is "Toad Road" and not "MP9 Toad Road".
- MP9 is not a new retro track class, but a game prefix, which is in the title of every track here that is based on a track from another game.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 18:21, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- This is quite clearly a port of the MP9 board, and not just a track taking elements from the said game. Whether or not the original model was intended for racing shouldn't matter in this case.
- --maczkopeti (talk) 20:26, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- SM64 is not a racing game (well, with the exception of the slides and Koopa the Quick races) and the tracks ported/remade from there have the prefix. I've checked this track and yes, it's a port. I've compared with the original MP9 files (they use BRRES as well). —Atlas (talk) 21:40, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- This track is not a PORT it is a remake you can clearly see this here. http://mariopartylegacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/nsmbboardmap.png
- It uses most of the Mario Party 9 board layout but not the same model.
- --Sniki (talk) 17:58, 26 November 2016 (UTC)